hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yogi for ICT?

Left by mutual consent!

Yogi for ICT?

Being reported that Yogi is on the brink of getting the job. It is in the Sun though so I'm not holding my breath.

Wonder what the ICT players will think of their new training gear? #boilersuits

2. Log in to remove the advert

The BAD NEWS is I may have to sign up to to the Caley Thistle forum to give them the BAD NEWS that there good manager is about to be replaced by a clueless man.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_news_boab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The BAD NEWS is I may have to sign up to to the Caley Thistle forum to give them the BAD NEWS that there good manager is about to be replaced by a clueless man.
    You are well named !

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post
    You are well named !

Real bad-news folks ken whit's goin' oan.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_news_boab View Post
    Aye you might have to diversify now we appear to be on a different path
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Whoever takes over at ICT is on a hiding to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Whoever takes over at ICT is on a hiding to nothing.
    not sure about that.
    often taking over a team doing well, isn't too big a deal.

they have the yams in a cup semi-final and should reach a final, if they play well.

whilst they are still playing well since TB left, any new guy really doesn't need to tinker much & I wouldn't be surprised to see them fighting for 2nd.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    not sure about that.

they have the yams in a cup semi-final and should reach a final, if they play well.

whilst they are still playing well since TB left, any new guy really doesn't need to tinker much & I wouldn't be surprised to see them fighting for 2nd.
    It is a little bit like Motherwell when McCall took over from Brown. Everyone said they would plummet but McCall carried on the good work and actually lifted them to the next level, cup defeats by Albion Rovers notwithstanding.

The difficulty for anyone taking over at ICT will be reproducing things season after season. They should be ok for the rest of this season and be in the hunt for second/Europe with a cup to play for, the real tough job for whoever takes over is doing it next season when, inevitably, a lot of the players leave and you have to replace the quality on a shoestring and keep the team spirit going.

Re the semi v Yams. Every team in the SPL should beat them when they play them but as we have found out it doesn't always work like that. Unfortunately, I could still see the Yams getting to the final via a 1-0 or a win on pens.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    not sure about that.

Can you honestly say you could trust Yogi not to tinker though? ICT will drop like a stone with his style of play and training IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    If he gets it, I hope he does well…big honest character….Wish him all the best

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOUSEkid
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I agree mate. I would wish any Hibee well no-mater what they do.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Good luck to him if he gets it, not all bad memories of Yogi as Hibs manager.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I agree mate. I would wish any Hibee well no-mater what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Good luck to him if he gets it, not all bad memories of Yogi as Hibs manager.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Can you honestly say you could trust Yogi not to tinker though? ICT will drop like a stone with his style of play and training IMO.

As long as its after the semi finals

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Don't think that there would be any argument over his style of play, but if ICT hit a bad spell, that is where he may come unstuck.

Yogi appointed, to be announced within a day or two according to many different sources on twitter

Left by mutual consent!
    Don't think Hughes is the most talented manager in the world. But hard work beats talent when talent dizny work hard..

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He'll give it a right good go. In the process, he'll alienate a squad that is too old to be frightened of an old fashioned bully.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    Don't think Hughes is the most talented manager in the world. But hard work beats talent when talent dizny work hard..
    Certainly did the trick with Edwin van de Graaf.

Sorry folks, Yogi is a numpty, and this appointment will prove it once and for all.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Good luck to him if he gets it

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I may get shot down but in their position I'd much rather have Kenny Shiels. A manager with a good record with a tight budget and good at installing belief - Killie must be kicking themselves they got rid of him.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I may get shot down but in their position I'd much rather have Kenny Shiels. A manager with a good record with a tight budget and good at installing belief - Killie must be kicking themselves they got rid of him.
    You'd think so, but Michael Johnston (is that the chairman's name) seems to have abandoned all sense of reason there.

Back on topic, good luck to Yogi if he gets the gig, if only it proves he's more employable than Craig Levein. But I fear it won't work out.

Why the rush for a new manager.ICT beat Morton 4-0 at the wkd.

Who's yogi bringing in as a translator, they won't understand him up there.

If ICT are wanting exciting, box to box midfielders to pitch in with the goals then they're in luck!

Maybe not, De-graff's shocker of a miss against Newco still gives me nightmares.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Really?

I think some of the disrespect shown to Yogi on here is a f***in' disgrace.
    Snobby cr@p, not to mention cowardly, as i very much doubt the majority doing it would have the cajones to say it to his face.
    Yogi tried to have the team playing the right way, ultimately it didn't work out after a promising start, but at least he tried to do the right thing. Unlike some of the dummies who failed trying to play the 'wrong' way (who seem to get less grief than JH).

His passion for the club was genuine and upfront and i think it was a mix of bad luck and too many risky signings which lead to a dressing room full of bigmouths and big heads but he obviously thought the waifs and strays that he signed were worth a gamble (i kind of agree that it was worth a bash).

Of all the recent 'failures' as manager i still believe he is the one that should have been given longer. No guarantee it would have worked out but if it had, i think it would have been good to watch and also if it was successful i reckon the emotional ties to the club may have seen him hang around a bit longer than most if he was being 'headhunted'.

Too many absolute phantoms on here that think playing computer games qualifies them as 'experts'. And quite a few who seemed to be determined that he would and should fail from the outset. Some of whom appeared (and still do it seems) to take great pleasure when it did start to go wrong.

I wouldn't put it past JH to continue the success at ICT, then a few on here will require large helpings of humble pie.
    And if TB fails to deliver the goods with us i wouldn't put it past some of the fickle nutters here to want JH back.
    TB was one of the 2 or 3 that i hoped would get the job this time round, so delighted that he did.
    I hope to the wee imaginary man in the sky that he is hugely successful. Though if i'm honest, i'm already wondering if i'm going to enjoy watching his 'brand' of fitba. I hope i love it but i ain't sure i will.

Anyway good luck Yogi. Hope you do well.
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Gave us our best finish in the league since Mowbray, i'd love to see a Hibs team that that qualified for Europe through our league position these days.

Good luck if you get the job.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Shiels and Hartley now out of the running according to BBC Radio Glasgow. ( oops - I meant Radio Scotland)

Good luck to Yogi if he does get the job - he's got an easy League Cup Semi coming up but also a very tricky trip to Stranraer in the Scottish Cup

@hibs.net private member
    ICT have a decent team that play in a certain style, Yogi will tinker with it and disrupt their team. He will fall out with the players and end up trying his bullying management routine and will be sacked by Xmas next year as his team plummet down the league this season and end up in a relegation scrap. I just don't think this man is a manager.

A positive to come out of this is that ICT play the yams in the league cup semi and Yogi will have them fired up to get to the final as he hates the yams.

If Hartley was there I couldn't see him giving the same passion in the dressing room before.

Will be interesting to see if JH brings in someone to help him since the ICT staff has been ripped away from them by us...