hibs.net Messageboard

Blog Entries

Former Hibs junior player Jonathan Wright

Greetings,

As well as being a lifelong, if distant, Hibs fan based in Newcastle, I edit the programme for an amateur (non league as we call it) team called Heaton Stannington (http://www.heatonstanningtonfc.co.uk/).

Our star striker is a bloke by the name of Jonathan Wright, who was a trainee with Hibs from 2009 until 2011. He's been with us since then & has scored 30 goals so far this season....

Basically, I was wondering if anyone remembers him from his Hibs days & would be prepared to either share their memories or even write a piece for our programme.

If so, either message me on here or email me direct on iancusack@blueyonder.co.uk

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

I remember johnjo watched him a few times play for the 19`s.

think he stepped up from wallsend bc?? courtesy of ian brown,the Geordie scout who worked for hibs.

remember him being a wee bit off the cuff as a player,always trying things,very fast and powerful,i got the impression he was trying too hard to impress and it never quite worked out for him. has he any desire to further his football career??? or has he accepted playing at the decent level he is at now.

Blog Entries
    Well he's played 2 seasons in the Northern Alliance Premier Division with us, as we claimed successive Championships (plus 2 cups as well last season) & now half a season in Northern League Division 2 (we're 2nd to North Shields). He left us to try D1 with FA Vase runners-up (& 1st ever World Cup winners) West Auckland, but didn't fancy sitting on the bench behind their 2 star strikers John Campbell & Matty Moffat, so he came back to us.

I think he'll stay this season & then possibly move up; I think Blyth or Gateshead may be more his eventual standard. He's 20 now (21 in Feb), so time is on his side. A smashing lad as well, with not a scrap of the devil in him.

you wouldn't fancy racking your brains to come up with something about JonJon would you?