hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Butcher, Malpas etc

Early days but so good to have a management team who have instilled confidence, aggression and a work ethic into the team, instead of cagey sweetie-wife approach of previous incumbents. It's all positivity and no excuses or hiding places, with a game based on doing maximum damage to the opposition rather than worrying about them.

Liking what I'm seeing.

I'd love us to get the opportunity to play a derby with this mindset - hopefully Hearts will still be afloat by Jan 2nd.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Early days but so good to have a management team who have instilled confidence, aggression and a work ethic into the team, instead of cagey sweetie-wife approach of previous incumbents. It's all positivity and no excuses or hiding places, with a game based on doing maximum damage to the opposition rather than worrying about them.

Liking what I'm seeing.

I'd love us to get the opportunity to play a derby with this mindset - hopefully Hearts will still be afloat by Jan 2nd.
    Agree but while they might be afloat hope they are sinking fast and we Torpedo them to finally sink them

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It appears we are putting pressure on the opposition, and doing it further up the park. We used to sit deep inviting teams onto us, and have huge gaps between the defense and forwards.

Now i'm not saying we are world beaters, but Butcher has it seems found a system that can get us results with the players we currently have.

I know its only 2 games, and its still early days but we have just won in the highlands and taken an away point in paisley.

The whole place is on an up, next weeks home game will bring in a bigger crowd than we'd have had under fenflop, things are looking better.

Onwards and upwards.

Left by mutual consent!
    That was a morale building win if I've ever seen one, we can kick on from this result. Hopefully TB will strengthen in the winter window and just look at teams above us for a change. The way he has gone about his business so far has been great, really looking forward to see where he can take us.
    GGTTH!

If we can now actually get a home league win in the next match (which is surely a reasonable aim), we'll be making improvements on all fronts.

I can honestly say that I'm now looking forward to the next match, surely a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It appears we are putting pressure on the opposition, and doing it further up the park. We used to sit deep inviting teams onto us, and have huge gaps between the defense and forwards.

Now i'm not saying we are world beaters, but Butcher has it seems found a system that can get us results with the players we currently have.

I know its only 2 games, and its still early days but we have just won in the highlands and taken an away point in paisley.

The whole place is on an up, next weeks home game will bring in a bigger crowd than we'd have had under fenflop, things are looking better.

Onwards and upwards.
    Spot on - make it happen instead of wait for it to happen! TB will do for me. GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    Great result today and great to see
    what an impact tb & mm have made
    in such a short space of time.we can
    finaly look forward to the next game
    & to the future with real optimism

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    His reaction at the end today was brilliant.

Passion personified.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Onwards and upwards.
    Should be a big crowd next week. Hope it isnae the usual. Build up the fans to knock them back down.
    Cmon the cabbage

Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post

Passion personified.
    Could you describe it incase the BBC do not show it tonight ?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Really excited to see what we're like in a few months time, Butcher clearly has a vision for us and I can't wait to see it unfold.

Long may it continue.

@hibs.net private member

Passion personified.
    Looks like Terry puts his heart & soul into every post he has had. Tells it how it is, cannae ask for more than that. TBGAWA

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post
    He dropped his trousers, mooned Derek Adams and ran around shouting 'Look at me, I'm a fried egg'.

Some say passion, I found the whole thing worrying tbh

Blog Entries
    Great start to build on - the support will be much more forgiving of blips after the way things have started - The Board will surely do as they have done and back the management best they can within resources (a cup run of course adding to the pot)

If we can shift a good few half ST's then we might just put ourselves in a position where we can push on

Another surprise was that not only was that Hibs first win against RC it was TB's first win in Dingwall....probably one of the reasons he celebrated so much

Passion personified.
    I think TB has had eyes opened to the potential crowds available to Hibs in the space of two away games, I thought the Hibs support was immense today.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He dropped his trousers, mooned Derek Adams and ran around shouting 'Look at me, I'm a fried egg'.

I must be the only one to have concerns with Butcher. I thought his treatment of Caldwell was shabby but Caldwell didn't do himself any favours by his reaction.
    I also worry that he can't see potential problems. Stevenson and cairney were booked and he had plenty options on the bench. Given who the ref was, it should have been obvious to make changes. Instead he took off Robertson for otj!
    Where is KT? If he is being left out, what impact will that have on morale?
    Butcher has the team motivated and fighting for everything. With better team selection we could have been more comfortable in the last two games

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtwo View Post
    I must be the only one to have concerns with Butcher. I thought his treatment of Caldwell was shabby but Caldwell didn't do himself any favours by his reaction.
    I also worry that he can't see potential problems. Stevenson and cairney were booked and he had plenty options on the bench. Given who the ref was, it should have been obvious to make changes. Instead he took off Robertson for otj!
    Butcher has the team motivated and fighting for everything. With better team selection we could have been more comfortable in the last two games
    Judging by reports of those at the game I'd say Caldwell didnt do himself any favours by not putting a shift in when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

His Brain was fried but his eggs scrambled

I thought his treatment of Caldwell was bang on perfect. If Caldwell wasn't giving 100% then why does he deserve to stay on? Terry will have spoken to him afterwards and explained his choices to RC leaving the ball in Caldwell's court, give everything and stay, or huff around and waste his glimpse at being a professional footballer.

I think its excellent to have a "my way or the highway" manager in charge. Players have far too much influence otherwise.

Are you seriously suggesting that our manager should be dictated to by a referee? I know we have no time for Thomson but Butcher has to forget that and manage the game as he sees it. Not worry about the fanny in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post
    The Good news is that Butcher is the darling of the press. Any negative attitude towards Hibs (largely deserevd because we were pantaloons), is on course to be blown away by the Terry Butcher success story. Onwards and Upwards!!

I must be the only one to have concerns with Butcher. I thought his treatment of Caldwell was shabby but Caldwell didn't do himself any favours by his reaction. I also worry that he can't see potential problems. Stevenson and cairney were booked and he had plenty options on the bench. Given who the ref was, it should have been obvious to make changes. Instead he took off Robertson for otj! Where is KT? If he is being left out, what impact will that have on morale? Butcher has the team motivated and fighting for everything. With better team selection we could have been more comfortable in the last two games
    As others have posted Butcher got the decision regarding Caldwell 100%. If he's not pulling his weight and doing his bit for the team then there is no place in the team for him.

As for Robertson... Thought reports where that he picked up an injury.

As for KT well the decision to pick the team lies with TB.

I'd also be very interested to see who you would have had playing in last 2 games. Team selection mmm

2 clean sheets a draw and a win both away from home. That'll do for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Judging by reports of those at the game I'd say Caldwell didnt do himself any favours by not putting a shift in when he came on.
    I was there and he did try. Butcher embarrassed the laddie which was out of order IMO. We were into injury time. He could have taken off Collins and let the fans show their appreciation for his efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    As others have posted Butcher got the decision regarding Caldwell 100%. If he's not pulling his weight and doing his bit for the team then there is no place in the team for him.

As for Robertson... Thought reports where that he picked up an injury.

As for KT well the decision to pick the team lies with TB.

I'd also be very interested to see who you would have had playing in last 2 games. Team selection mmm

2 clean sheets a draw and a win both away from home. That'll do for starters.
    Quick answer is I would have had Taiwo instead of the hapless cairney.

We played a poor st Mirren team and a very poor Ross county team. With the uplift in effort and the buzz that a new manager brings, I think we could have won both games- if we had a better team selection

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that our manager should be dictated to by a referee? I know we have no time for Thomson but Butcher has to forget that and manage the game as he sees it. Not worry about the fanny in the middle.
    I'm saying he should have recognised the danger. Cairney had a stinker again and should have been subbed long before he got sent off. I reckon his ban will be extended for his reaction too.

Quick answer is I would have had Taiwo instead of the hapless cairney. We played a poor st Mirren team and a very poor Ross county team. With the uplift in effort and the buzz that a new manager brings, I think we could have won both games- if we had a better team selection
    TT of last season would if been one of the first names in the team sheet however he has been woefully short of those standards this season. TB is trying to get us to take the game to the opposition - hence the inclusion of Cairney - who is an attacking type player - TT is a DCM.

As for a poor St Mirren team - beg to differ - they had won 4 of previous 5 games.

Ross County - we've never beaten them but are they that bad - not so sure - any worse than us??

So you think that bringing in TT in place of Cairney would of win us the game against St Mirren?? And did we not win today??

I'm saying he should have recognised the danger. Cairney had a stinker again and should have been subbed long before he got sent off. I reckon his ban will be extended for his reaction too.
    Fair enough, I wasn't there so will defer to your comment re Cairney.

I'm just not a fan of managers taking note of referees when deciding tactics unless it's abundantly clear someone is a walking red card.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    TT of last season would if been one of the first names in the team sheet however he has been woefully short of those standards this season. TB is trying to get us to take the game to the opposition - hence the inclusion of Cairney - who is an attacking type player - TT is a DCM.

As for a poor St Mirren team - beg to differ - they had won 4 of previous 5 games.

Ross County - we've never beaten them but are they that bad - not so sure - any worse than us??

So you think that bringing in TT in place of Cairney would of win us the game against St Mirren?? And did we not win today??
    TT done more when he came on last week than cairney done the whole game. He deserved the start today.
    St Mirren had beaten some poor teams but I feel it is a game we could have won.
    Ross Co are worse than is. They are a poor team this season and are probably the team hearts will fancy they can catch.

TT done more when he came on last week than cairney done the whole game. He deserved the start today. St Mirren had beaten some poor teams but I feel it is a game we could have won. Ross Co are worse than is. They are a poor team this season and are probably the team hearts will fancy they can catch.
    I'll agree to disagree but playing Cairney would gives us better balance etc. will see what happens next week