@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Match fixing

3 footballers arrested due to match fixing allegations

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...tish-game.html

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Only a matter of time. Football is the most corrupt sport in the world. From FIFA to SFA from portsmouth to hearts from john mcdonald to ashley young. Crooks, conmen, thieves, liars, cheats at all levels of the game. It has been getting worse for years and years with little or no self regulation. Whether it is player salaries or backhanders for world cups the money aspect of football is out of control and the fixing matches is surely no surprise to most of us

Boxing is still miles ahead when it comes to fixing. So corrupt now it's not even funny.

Can't help but wonder if it goes on up here as we'll but goes unnoticed because we're not a big league?Look at Ian Black, nobody knew about that.

I've heard rumblings in the past through work about rogue match fixers, nothing ever comes of it though. It's always "We've got evidence such and such is fixing matches" but if you don't have it 100% spot on you run the risk of killing the game based on circumstantial evidence, so it never gets published. I'd say in the last few years I've heard maybe 6-8 names in the SPL.

Heard all games are in non league in England..

I just thought the refs were poor.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Sergey!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boxing is still miles ahead when it comes to fixing. So corrupt now it's not even funny.

Cant believe people still actually fork out money to watch fights on TV nowadays.

Last saturdays fight was a prime example.

He claimed to be connected to Wilson Raj Perumal, who has been convicted of rigging football matches abroad. “Wilson Raj Perumal … he’s the king … he’s my boss. Everybody in the world know him,” the fixer said.

Could just be a conman trying to cash in on this Rajy Gadgey.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Football is ****ed imo, too much money involved for it not to be corrupt.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Match-fixing arrests in England

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25132538

I hope this is an NHC thread. Maybe Craig T should be hiring a lawyer?

The article doesn't give much away. The news report on TV mentioned that it did not involve professional clubs. It is most likely in the Sunderland and District Fireman's Sunday League?

Sounds like corruption in low places!

By comparison, in the 1960s there was real corruption. Three top division players from Sheffield Wednesday: David 'Bronco' Layne, Peter Swan, and Tony Kay were jailed an banned from football. Kay had moved on to Everton (for a British record transfer fee) and won a championship medal and was a serious contender for the England squad for the 1966 World Cup as was Swan.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25132538

I hope this is an NHC thread. Maybe Craig T should be hiring a lawyer?
    Nah. If you're wondering about the 2012 final - it says that players often deliberately take a yellow card in the first few minutes of a game to let syndicates know the fix is on, but no one was booked so early in that game...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Isn't there something about white sox and black sox and dodgy dealings?

yup ...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sox_Scandal
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajillions View Post
    Can't help but wonder if it goes on up here as we'll but goes unnoticed because we're not a big league?Look at Ian Black, nobody knew about that.

I've heard rumblings in the past through work about rogue match fixers, nothing ever comes of it though. It's always "We've got evidence such and such is fixing matches" but if you don't have it 100% spot on you run the risk of killing the game based on circumstantial evidence, so it never gets published. I'd say in the last few years I've heard maybe 6-8 names in the SPL.
    Ian Black was betting on his own team to lose at times, but difficult to prove that was match fixing.

Gordon Parks was the lower league player that spoke about match fixing openly at the same time. Google him and you'll see heresay he's provided. I would doubt the SFA will talk to him though.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Heard all games are in non league in England..

I just thought the refs were poor.
    Some refs are bad, but that's the case everywhere...

Sportradar are a firm that investigate suspicious betting patterns across Europe, and they'll flag up several hundred per year.

However, I read that to indicate the matches in this case were fixed a player would get an early yellow. This to me suggests in running, which may be harder to prove. I'm guessing it's perhaps the Conference, as they have live matches screening on BT or Premier sports these days IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post
    Nah. If you're wondering about the 2012 final - it says that players often deliberately take a yellow card in the first few minutes of a game to let syndicates know the fix is on, but no one was booked so early in that game...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    The decision not to book Black for assaulting Griffiths is why we know that the players weren't involved in fixing that game.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Testimonial Due
    Surely no benefit in fixing matches that low down the leagues? Wont be mainstream bookies offering odds I assume and if its smaller ones then would they take the amounts of money as bets to make it worthwhile?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The decision not to book Black for assaulting Griffiths is why we know that the players weren't involved in fixing that game.
    Or Craigy T cost Ian Black an awful lot of money!

“So I say OK, who is going to take the yellow? And someone will say. So I say OK: in the first 10 minutes I need to see the yellow. If that yellow don’t see, I will not pay you anything,” the fixer explained in imperfect English.

“So I say OK, who is going to take the yellow? And someone will say. So I say OK: in the first 10 minutes I need to see the yellow. If that yellow don’t see, I will not pay you anything,” the fixer explained in imperfect English.
    That was just a calculated risk by Black that he would get away with it so early in the game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    That was just a calculated risk by Black that he would get away with it so early in the game.
    Where's the fun in thinking that?!

Where's the fun in thinking that?!
    Either that or Black had backed an early booking and that cheating **** wearing black cost him a right few quid!

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee 4 View Post
    Surely no benefit in fixing matches that low down the leagues? Wont be mainstream bookies offering odds I assume and if its smaller ones then would they take the amounts of money as bets to make it worthwhile?
    A lot of the fixing goes on by 'buying' enough footballers in a team to affect the result. This is mainly done by far eastern syndicates betting where gambling is both legal and illegal.

Whereas we hardly see much money on, for example, a live conference game, the amount wagered in the far east will be still be huge. British football has a Corinthian reputation of being unlikely to be corruptible; the reality is that for the amount of money the players are on, a 4 or even 5 figure pay off will be highly tempting to a lot of them.

Looking at the reported dialogue of what was said, the fixer is asking for 5 goals, or even 4. That to me indicates betting on the Asian markets, possibly on heavy favourites who would be expected to win by a couple of goals at least. The losing team would be expected to lose, and if they lose, say by 5 or 6, then no-one is likely to raise any suspicions.