hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terry show sky around the training ground

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...s-with-butcher

There has been more positive PR done in the last 7 days that the previous 7 years !
    ggtth

2. Log in to remove the advert

They used the same footage prior to kickoff on sky at weekend..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    All we need now is a team worthy of the facilities

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They used the same footage prior to kickoff on sky at weekend..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Yeah mate...I saw that....this was tweeted by Sky today...great to see us getting positive press for a change that's all :tbgwa:

Enjoyed that. C'mon the Hibs!!!
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Enjoyed that. C'mon the Hibs!!!
    It's a refreshing change isn't it mate !

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Gav View Post
    It's a refreshing change isn't it mate !
    Certainly was for the film crew who'd have been chased if Pat was still in charge
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Certainly was for the film crew who'd have been chased if Pat was still in charge
    I don't believe that for a minute. Pat was a nice man.

How are we so crap when we've got something like that!!?? Incredible!

but with a smile and a joke....no wait....

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    How are we so crap when we've got something like that!!?? Incredible!
    Played 7s in one of the barns at EM organised by the Hibernian community foundation for their Healthy Hibee programme. The facilities (we didnt see the first team areas) included the iconic moments in the corridor - echoing whats at ER - is an inspiring touch. The guys Calderwood brought in must have gone around with their eyes shut!

As I've said since TB came in - no more excuses - at EM players should be inspired to become better everything is there to allow them to concentrate 100% on football.

But I'd say the no more excuses also works for us fans. Pats gone, an experienced manager and coach are in players must be given a clean slate the future starts here (well it already started in Paisley.) Terry has told us were were heading and what he needs from us as well as the players. Rod claimed he would bring in someone to unite the club there's much to be done but I think we all have a duty to answer Terry's call.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 26-11-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Played 7s in one of the barns at EM organised by the Hibernian community foundation for their Healthy Hibee programme. The facilities (we didnt see the first team areas) included the iconic moments in the corridor - echoing whats at ER - is an inspiring touch. The guys Calderwood brought in must have gone around with their eyes shut!

As I've said since TB came in - no more excuses - at EM players should be inspired to become better everything is there to allow them to concentrate 100% on football.

But I'd say the no more excuses also works for us fans. Pats gone, an experienced manager and coach are in players must be given a clean slate the future starts here (well it already started in Paisley.) Terry has told us were were heading and what he needs from us as well as the players. Rod claimed he would bring in someone to unite the club there's much to be done but I think we all have a duty to answer Terry's call.
    I agree - I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing. Let's behind big Tel.

I'm in !

Well said, it's now up to us to buy into his vision for Hibs. So I'm in.

I think the bad press we got had a lot to do with the way Pat done things. Refusing simple things like that was stupid. TB must have thought why hide what we have, show everyone outside the Old Firm our facilities are second to none. Well done Terry already putting you're mark on the club!

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Had a tour round EM in 2008, it's an amazing place.

I'm in!

Two of my favourite things, Hibernian FC and Idlewild.

Left by mutual consent!

There has been more positive PR done in the last 7 days that the previous 7 years !
    ggtth
    This rings true. We have all speculated about it, heard the rumours and have had our own perceptions but it does seem that some of our managers in recent times have not been media friendly. I believe this is reflected to an extent in our treatment by the media. Whether it is correct for the media to do this to us on that basis is another matter but if you are not friendly and accomodating to them then you won't get good press.

Don't think John Collins had a lot of time for the media. Not sure about Mixu. I've heard Yogi was largely good and popular with them apart from the odd thing here and there. Calderwood was a clown who simply could not handle the media. I think part of Calderwood's "legacy" was that he had left us a bit of a joke with the media as he was not nearly as good with them as Yogi.

This meant that when Fenlon came in the club were very wary of the media and this rubbed off on him maybe making him a bit suspicious, aloof, stand offish and even techy at times. He never looked comfortable in interviews and even got a few digs in now and again showing he was not happy. Some of his digs were justified but it was maybe a bit of a chicken and egg scenario in that had Fenlon been a bit more media friendly then maybe he would have had a bit more slack.

I have now read and heard a few comments since TB got the job that the media side of things is like night and day compared to Fenlon. See what happens when you appoint a suitably experienced manager instead of a wee man from the League of Ireland.

Apart from being media friendly & savvy the very genuine excitement he appears to have about being at Hibs and for Scottish football is palpable.

As I said before, if in 18 months people are talking about Terry Butcher as being the leader and direction of Hibernian instead of the board then he has done his job well.

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Well said, it's now up to us to buy into his vision for Hibs. So I'm in.

I think the bad press we got had a lot to do with the way Pat done things. Refusing simple things like that was stupid. TB must have thought why hide what we have, show everyone outside the Old Firm our facilities are second to none. Well done Terry already putting you're mark on the club!
    Terry is smart enough to realise that this piece of video will help Steve Marsella encourage potential targets to talk to us. It is now time to turn East Mains from a cost to an investment - and start getting a return on our investment.

Make it so

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'm sure fenlon did the press conferences at easter road because he felt it was important that easter road was still relevant through the week, iirc.

There was a feeling that because everything was being done out of East mains, the team were in danger of losing touch with its home.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Excellent video. Shows what a fantastic opportunity players are given when they come to Hibs. Guess seeing facilities like that owned 100% by Hibs shows who the big teams and the wee teams really are.

In Terry we trust. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    That is excellent. TB's excitement at being at Hibs is superb & his enthusiasm is infectious. I posted before his appointment that he would revolutionise Hibs in a way we haven't seen since Turnbull. In retrospect losing to Yams may have been best thing to have happened for a long time.

@hibs.net private member
    No wonder Terry is excited. His Gym at ICT was 2 portacabins stuck together with no water or electricity or heating.

Link not working for me :-(

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayfieldHibs View Post
    Terry is smart enough to realise that this piece of video will help Steve Marsella encourage potential targets to talk to us. It is now time to turn East Mains from a cost to an investment - and start getting a return on our investment.

Make it so
    Agree with this, and the facilities are second to none, my son does the green shoots training weeks there and we come away every time thinking what a fantastic asset. Hopefully big Tel can start reaping the benefits. All good and feeling v.optimistic for the 1st time in a good few years.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    Excellent video. Shows what a fantastic opportunity players are given when they come to Hibs. Guess seeing facilities like that owned 100% by Hibs shows who the big teams and the wee teams really are.

In Terry we trust. GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly we havent made it work for us.I was up in Inverness a while ago and saw Caley training in playing fields near fort augustus, it was cold and windy but its worked for them

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'm sure fenlon did the press conferences at easter road because he felt it was important that easter road was still relevant through the week, iirc.

There was a feeling that because everything was being done out of East mains, the team were in danger of losing touch with its home.
    Yep. East Mains was a private place for work and ER was intentionally used for media etc to have it used during the week and to link us back there to some point other than the few home games.

The public training session Pat introduced was also a good idea. We went on a decent run after that.

ggtth

100% agree. TB all about positivity, great to see.

If I was a footballer being offered terms by Scottish teams and Hibs offered marginally less, then gave me a tour of these facilities I wouldn't consider the other offers.