Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dundee UTD

Dundee UTD

Looking good and showing everything most clubs I'm sure will envy

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Been thinking this myself, that Gauld lad is a class act.

Dark horse for 2nd IMO.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs

They've got a golden generation coming through by the looks of it which could set them up for a few years.

Gauld looks an unbelievable prospect and could be the biggest Scottish player in a long time if he keeps on going the way he is. He reminds me of the small skillful guys at Man City, like Augero and Silva.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    I was at the game yesterday, and my main thought was we are going to get battered there in January.

They have a couple of oustanding talents which is difficult to replicate, but them aside, what they do is so simple - the full backs are happy to push forward, the players dont aimlessly boot it long, and the striker and the 3 in behind close down the defenders as a unit. Obviously they are full of confidence but it shows what a team can do if they are set up properly and work hard.

If you can't appreciate their progress at the moment what's the point eh. They have blooded a few youngsters, signed well and are getting the rewards. Totally agree the lad Gould looks fantastic.

Local Arabs are slavering at the mooth about Gauld, Soutar and Robertson. They have some excellent youth prospects also.

They have quite a few very good youngsters.... Gauld seems to be the pick of them at moment... Think they turned down quite a big fee for the lad Soutar (I think) who is only 17 (I think)

Things are looking good for them at mo

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Seems like they are out of necessity like many teams getting back to what they had a bit of a rep for.

I really thought they'd toil having frittered away the money Thompson pumped in and having the reality of book balancing to deal with.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

They would weaken Utd if they left but I think it is best for both them and Utd if they stay and play regularly then go down South when they are 20/21, no point going down South now to sit on the bench or be farmed out to some lower league team.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    They have quite a few very good youngsters.... Gauld seems to be the pick of them at moment... Think they turned down quite a big fee for the lad Soutar (I think) who is only 17 (I think)

Things are looking good for them at mo
    I think it was Soutar himself who turned down the move, said he wasn't interested in money at his age and just wanted to play and learn. Good on him.

Ipswich, Sunderland, Everton and Man Utd were all interested.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think it was Soutar himself who turned down the move, said he wasn't interested in money at his age and just wanted to play and learn. Good on him. Ipswich, Sunderland, Everton and Man Utd were all interested.
    Probably saw what happened to the boy Allan who went to West Brom (I think). Not sure if he's played much football - possibly been out on loan?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    The opinions of Utd fans where i work are that they will struggle to keep hold of them in the January Window as the club needs the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Probably saw what happened to the boy Allan who went to West Brom (I think). Not sure if he's played much football - possibly been out on loan?
    Never played a league game for West Brom.

Currently on loan at Birmingham. Played a few games on loan at Portsmouth and MK Dons as well.

Could have played 2 seasons worth of games in the SPL in that time...
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Never played a league game for West Brom. Currently on loan at Birmingham. Played a few games on loan at Portsmouth and MK Dons as well. Could have played 2 seasons worth of games in the SPL in that time...
    Yip sure could of. Sure he chased the dosh did he not after asking UTD for a rise after a handful of games? Might be wrong though

Lets he honest all we have at the moment who looks special is Alex Harris, maybe we should just empty some of the older players and go young again. Mind they need to be good enough though I suppose

Lets he honest all we have at the moment who looks special is Alex Harris, maybe we should just empty some of the older players and go young again. Mind they need to be good enough though I suppose
    We have done it before (lucky with the generation) and I am sure we could do it again.... Probably not to same extreme though. As I say we got lucky and made a packet.

Youth is the way ahead but as you say they need to be good enough.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    But they will sell them to clear their debts.

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    So where does Hibs reject John Rankin fit in all of this? Seems to be getting a regular start.

They have a number of good young players but the boy Gauld is exceptional. Will be the main man for Scotland in next couple of years.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    They have a number of good young players but the boy Gauld is exceptional. Will be the main man for Scotland in next couple of years.
    The Scotland manager has to be prepared to put faith in these guys though. United have won three of their last 5 games scoring 4 goals, yet GMS and Armstrong, key players in that United team, got a sum total of about 5 minutes between them in the last two friendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    The Scotland manager has to be prepared to put faith in these guys though. United have won three of their last 5 games scoring 4 goals, yet GMS and Armstrong, key players in that United team, got a sum total of about 5 minutes between them in the last two friendlies.
    Take your point, but in the case of Gauld if he continues to progress as he is it will be impossible for Strachan to leave him out. GMS and Armstrong are both very good players but I think Gauld is already a far better player.

Take your point, but in the case of Gauld if he continues to progress as he is it will be impossible for Strachan to leave him out. GMS and Armstrong are both very good players but I think Gauld is already a far better player.
    Too early to say that IMO, we've seen it with McCarthy and McCarther they had great promise but wasnt until they went down to the premiership that they cemented it and proved how good they really are. Gould looks a talent, so does GMS, the true test will be if they do it at the top level not a handful of spfl games (Gould) that is GMS keeps proving he's special, albeit maybe too inconsistent

Too early to say that IMO, we've seen it with McCarthy and McCarther they had great promise but wasnt until they went down to the premiership that they cemented it and proved how good they really are. Gould looks a talent, so does GMS, the true test will be if they do it at the top level not a handful of spfl games (Gould) that is GMS keeps proving he's special, albeit maybe too inconsistent
    We could have signed him but Calderclown wasn't impressed
    This is how it feels

If they continue their trajectory, Scotland might just have some stars, and Tannadice might join us in the 'sell the youngsters, buy a new Stadium' gang..

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    We could have signed him but Calderclown wasn't impressed
    That man should be erased from our history...

Oh for that directness

That is some tidy football. Can we just do a Celtic and poach their whole team in January?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MehRetro View Post
    That is some tidy football. Can we just do a Celtic and poach their whole team in January?

Thats the thing, they will get dismantled if not in Jan then the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Thats the thing, they will get dismantled if not in Jan then the summer
    And that's one of the reasons Scottish football is poor.

Any sign of being a good player and you're off to stagnate on the Celtic bench or down south for wages far exceeding what Scottish teams can afford

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Been thinking this myself, that Gauld lad is a class act.

Dark horse for 2nd IMO.
    He is something else - four assists! I still reckon Aberdeen will get 2nd though and Gauld will be snapped up by an English club in January.