hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KT

KT

Apologies if mentioned already but why was KT not starting?
    Injured, or just thought to be not good enough? Bit gutted if the latter he's our best player imo

2. Log in to remove the advert

Think it was just tactical.

Thomson's still a decent SPL player but I can't see him getting many starts under Butcher, who likes his teams to play with pace. KT slows everything down.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Butcher wants the game played at a higher pace. Thomson has the tendency to slow things down a bit too often.

With TB and MM calling the shots, they'll accept nothing less than 100% commitment.

I have no doubt he'll still be a big squad player for us, but like every other player, he'll just need to knuckle down and earn his place.

@hibs.net private member
    He slows the game down too much for TB as he is surplus to requirements

Think we will see a few changes in the team over the next few weeks. Butcher will want a look at different players. Thomson will get his chance at some point, the midfield wasn't exactly dominant today.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think we will see a few changes in the team over the next few weeks. Butcher will want a look at different players. Thomson will get his chance at some point, the midfield wasn't exactly dominant today.
    he is hibernian's best player by a mile.

Robertson and Craig didn't work today, neither have the passing range of thomson

Think it's good he was left out today. He's been poor since the celtic game and hopefully that will kick him back into action. Best player we have by a mile when he can be bothered

Disagreement at training during the week, or so the gossip mill goes.

First Team Breakthrough
    He doesn't fit Butchers style of play. He will get a shot in the coming weeks but expect him to be mainly be playing second fiddle to OTJ this season. I predict KT won't be here come next season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Has he been put on the transfer list?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Thomson's still a decent SPL player but I can't see him getting many starts under Butcher, who likes his teams to play with pace. KT slows everything down.
    Holding on to the ball until team mate shows for ball, is about retaining possession. Under fenlon there were little opptions.

The pace yesterday was launching the ball Wimbledon still. That's not pace and for me football is about effective passing with energy and pace.

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Says who? If TB doesn't rate KT, then I would seriously start to worry about his mental health. KT is the only player on our books with ability. The rest are mediocre who can 'get by' type players. We missed KT yesterday. Abysmal decision not to start him.

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Disagreement at training during the week, or so the gossip mill goes.
    The gossip mill's wrong.

Best player at the club. Do people think he slowed the game down too much in the fast paced, attacking Mowbray team we'd like to see again?

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Best player at the club. Do people think he slowed the game down too much in the fast paced, attacking Mowbray team we'd like to see again?
    It's ****ing unreal what people are saying to justify Butcher's decision today. It's worrying if people can't see how far in front of the rest of the squad he is, well the midfield inparticular. We have 40 million central midfielders, only one has the ability to play at a higher level, and has done so. The others couldn't lace KT's boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    It's ****ing unreal what people are saying to justify Butcher's decision today. It's worrying if people can't see how far in front of the rest of the squad he is, well the midfield inparticular. We have 40 million central midfielders, only one has the ability to play at a higher level, and has done so. The others couldn't lace KT's boots.
    There is no justification needed, he is the manager, its his decision.

Regardless of what you, I or anyone else thinks Butcher is the manager of Hibernian FC and he picks the team.

Yes KT is an excellent player and has the potential to be one of the best MF players in the league however no player should get a game because of past performances or reputation. He's been as bad in the last few games as he had been good in the games before.

No one is bigger than any team or club and that's been the problem at the club for years... Guys expecting to okay because they are who they are. They need to earn the right which means training hard and confirming to how the manager wants to set out the team.

My opinion mind

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    There is no justification needed, he is the manager, its his decision.
    Which after, looking at the result and midfield performance, he got wrong and deserves questioned about? IE why did our best player not start today? If the answer is he didn't train hard enough during the week etc, then fine, but tell us. Otherwise, on paper, it's a worrying start!

Which after, looking at the result and midfield performance, he got wrong and deserves questioned about? IE why did our best player not start today? If the answer is he didn't train hard enough during the week etc, then fine, but tell us. Otherwise, on paper, it's a worrying start!
    Our midfield wasn't actually that bad, certainly much more positive than in previous weeks which is something. Butcher doesn't have to justify any of his decisions in the press and especially not after one game which we didn't even lose. He is appointed to make decisions, if he didn't think Thomson was the right choice today then fair enough, he will have his reasons. Our goalie is our best player btw.

Saying its a worrying start is a bit embarrassing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Regardless of what you, I or anyone else thinks Butcher is the manager of Hibernian FC and he picks the team.

Yes KT is an excellent player and has the potential to be one of the best MF players in the league however no player should get a game because of past performances or reputation. He's been as bad in the last few games as he had been good in the games before.

No one is bigger than any team or club and that's been the problem at the club for years... Guys expecting to okay because they are who they are. They need to earn the right which means training hard and confirming to how the manager wants to set out the team.

My opinion mind
    I agree, and as I said above, if he hasn't trained hard enough etc then fine. However, he's been head and shoulders above any of the midfield so far this season and we definately missed him today. Like I said on one of the other threads on the same topic, he's the only player we have that plays a pass infront of his man to run on to. Even if the pass is simple, or seen as negative by some, it's always in front of the man to run on to and give us momentum. The rest, it's either behind them, played under their feet or hit to their thighs. That's what slows us down!

First off I said it in my other post... Just because you think he's our best player doesn't mean to say he deserved to start every game. M59 mention the team and balance and from the line up that's exactly what TB has tried to do.

If your no happy cos he didn't play pop along to EM or ER and ask Butcher yursel. His omission from the team could be for varying reasons ones I can only speculate about.

Why does he need to tell us? The guy picked the team he thought was best on the day. It wasn't wrong at all as we didn't lose did we? We've lost the last 4 they had won last two. A draw stops the rot!! Some folk really need to get a grip. He's just in the door, he may well start him next sat.

Let's just wait and see before we start "questioning" Butcher!!!

I agree, and as I said above, if he hasn't trained hard enough etc then fine. However, he's been head and shoulders above any of the midfield so far this season and we definately missed him today. Like I said on one of the other threads on the same topic, he's the only player we have that plays a pass infront of his man to run on to. Even if the pass is simple, or seen as negative by some, it's always in front of the man to run on to and give us momentum. The rest, it's either behind them, played under their feet or hit to their thighs. That's what slows us down!
    I disagree about the MF tbh. Scott Robertson has been our best and most consistent player /MF the season so far... High work rate and has been unlucky not to score a few more.
    He had his quietest game yesterday but was probably being asked to play a slightly differing role.

KT has been relatively poor in recent weeks as has the majority of the team.

I am sure he will get his chance but as I said TB is the manager and it's his job to get the team playing.

Your comments about a poor start are way off course and are wrong. I am not expecting miracles But if you are then your in for a long hard season.

It's ****ing unreal what people are saying to justify Butcher's decision today. It's worrying if people can't see how far in front of the rest of the squad he is, well the midfield in particular. We have 40 million central midfielders, only one has the ability to play at a higher level, and has done so. The others couldn't lace KT's boots.
    And there in lies the problem, anyone with sense of entitlement to one one of the first team shirts needs to earn that. Quality player yes, should he walk into the squad in the starting XI based on his reputation, absolutely not. KT has been coasting and I want to see more of what he has to offer. I want him to earn his place.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Our midfield wasn't actually that bad, certainly much more positive than in previous weeks which is something. Butcher doesn't have to justify any of his decisions in the press and especially not after one game which we didn't even lose. He is appointed to make decisions, if he didn't think Thomson was the right choice today then fair enough, he will have his reasons. Our goalie is our best player btw.

Saying its a worrying start is a bit embarrassing as well.
    Our keeper is a good shot stopper, and pretty steady. Not very good with crosses and doesn't command his area, esp the 6 yard box. But he's not our best player. He's a goalkeeper. We've had bad luck with keepers since Leighton so anyone decent gets raved about. However, again, he's a keeper, a steady one shouldn't be hard to find.

Re the midfield today, what was impressive about them? Cairney was not fit and shouldn't of started, Tom done well when he came on, out of position, got down the line a few times, 2 or 3 decent and dangerous balls into the box. Except for one header, Craig was non existent. Robertson was as poor as he has been in the last month or so and Stevenson is Stevenson, hard worker that gives his all but has no real ability.

I don't think it is an embarrassing comment. I said the same at the game when we heard the team. They all agreed that it was a baffling decision not to play him. Maybe I'm being over critical on things as I didn't want Butcher but I'm trying to see the positives in other things like I said about TT above and about Collins on another thread. I'm just struggling to see the logic in not starting our most talented midfielder.

First off I said it in my other post... Just because you think he's our best player doesn't mean to say he deserved to start every game. M59 mention the team and balance and from the line up that's exactly what TB has tried to do.

If your no happy cos he didn't play pop along to EM or ER and ask Butcher yursel. His omission from the team could be for varying reasons ones I can only speculate about.
    I agree he's got to earn the right, and said above if he didn't show it in training then fair enough. However, if he's on a level pegging in training with the rest, he should start. TB will learn that as he goes on though.

I don't need to pop along anywhere to tell him my feelings, I go to each game so can voice my concerns, if any, there, but thanks for the option, I'll keep it in mind!

Our keeper is a good shot stopper, and pretty steady. Not very good with crosses and doesn't command his area, esp the 6 yard box. But he's not our best player. He's a goalkeeper. We've had bad luck with keepers since Leighton so anyone decent gets raved about. However, again, he's a keeper, a steady one shouldn't be hard to find. Re the midfield today, what was impressive about them? Cairney was not fit and shouldn't of started, Tom done well when he came on, out of position, got down the line a few times, 2 or 3 decent and dangerous balls into the box. Except for one header, Craig was non existent. Robertson was as poor as he has been in the last month or so and Stevenson is Stevenson, hard worker that gives his all but has no real ability. I don't think it is an embarrassing comment. I said the same at the game when we heard the team. They all agreed that it was a baffling decision not to play him. Maybe I'm being over critical on things as I didn't want Butcher but I'm trying to see the positives in other things like I said about TT above and about Collins on another thread. I'm just struggling to see the logic in not starting our most talented midfielder.
    I'm struggling to see where Scott Robertson has been poor in last month?? Yes he wasn't at the races today but you've raved about KT and his talents yet in recent games/weeks/ months Robertsons been head and shoulders above him in the performance stakes.

I trust TB and MM and we didn't get beaten and kept a clean sheet. That'll do for starters.

St Mirren are no mugs and have win 4 of their previous 5 games.

TT has had a very poor season by his standards and Cairney was asked to play wide right. What TB did was play players in their positions (still think I would if had Lewis at LB cos McGivern has been woeful).

Think you might be expecting too much too soon.

I disagree about the MF tbh. Scott Robertson has been our best and most consistent player /MF the season so far... High work rate and has been unlucky not to score a few more.
    He had his quietest game yesterday but was probably being asked to play a slightly differing role.

KT has been relatively poor in recent weeks as has the majority of the team.

I am sure he will get his chance but as I said TB is the manager and it's his job to get the team playing.

Your comments about a poor start are way off course and are wrong. I am not expecting miracles But if you are then your in for a long hard season.
    Fair comment about SR, and he's improved big time this season compared to last. KT does the simple things well. Every midfield needs a player like him. Gives you a pass that gives you time, plays it infront of you, plays it to feet, things you appreciate if you ever played in midfield or fed off a midfield playing up front. These things look basic to some fans and don't get the credit they deserve, to quote Yogi, "fitbaw folk ken", and anyone that's played will see those things in KT, that the rest of them don't really provide.

I don't expect miracles, I'm a hibby and after 25 years going every week I know to expect the unexpected and that Hibs will always let you down. It's just the way it is. Maybe I worded the above wrong about a worrying start. I was genuinely suprised and a bit shocked to see KT not starting. It's easy to misinterperate things in words and I can see how it looks a ***** post that I said above, was trying to make a point and apologies for coming across too negative. Wasn't my intentions. Heat of the moment etc...

Our keeper is a good shot stopper, and pretty steady. Not very good with crosses and doesn't command his area, esp the 6 yard box. But he's not our best player. He's a goalkeeper. We've had bad luck with keepers since Leighton so anyone decent gets raved about. However, again, he's a keeper, a steady one shouldn't be hard to find.

Re the midfield today, what was impressive about them? Cairney was not fit and shouldn't of started, Tom done well when he came on, out of position, got down the line a few times, 2 or 3 decent and dangerous balls into the box. Except for one header, Craig was non existent. Robertson was as poor as he has been in the last month or so and Stevenson is Stevenson, hard worker that gives his all but has no real ability.

I don't think it is an embarrassing comment. I said the same at the game when we heard the team. They all agreed that it was a baffling decision not to play him. Maybe I'm being over critical on things as I didn't want Butcher but I'm trying to see the positives in other things like I said about TT above and about Collins on another thread. I'm just struggling to see the logic in not starting our most talented midfielder.
    Using similar logic you could just say we've had bad luck with midfielders since Thomson/Brown/Boozy time and that anyone decent (thomson now) gets raved about, but that isn't true along with what you are saying about Williams, he is top 3 keepers in the league and we will be lucky to get someone better.

You are obviously some sort of Thomson ''fanboy'' who is incapable of seeing past him and you think bashing the rest of our midfield makes him seem better. Thomson is a good player no doubt but he doesn't automatically deserve to start, he hasn't been Griffiths carry the team good so far this season.