hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Site: Easter Road Clubhouse

New Pre-Match Hospitality Launched

More...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good idea. Hope it works.

Good idea-should extend it to a cash bar for an hour after the game.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Still too highly priced in my opinion, as a ST holder I can't justify paying £25 just for scran before a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still too highly priced in my opinion, as a ST holder I can't justify paying £25 just for scran before a game.
    That's it. Same for walk ups, £28 sheets for an even quieter area of the ground and a pub scran before the game? No danger.

I think it is pretty innovative. The corporate space is pretty empty most weeks and this seems a reasonable deal.

Left by mutual consent!
    Too late was the cry ! Just paid £272 to take the guys in my family to the corporate for pre-game lunch v St J. Ah well lets hope its a good scran, decent wine and a good game.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quite fancy this for a wee change actually, 30 quid is fairly reasonable.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Left by mutual consent!
    I actually like this idea, much more in line with my idea of a day at the fitba, nae need tae get over dressed, can sit in own seat, think I'll defo give this a try at some point.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Not trying to p!55 on their parade but why is it so expensive, £25 for a two course lunch is way more than the average fan would be willing to pay.

Why not convert half the area downstairs in BTG to a pub style area with decent pub grub including a children's menu all at an affordable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    Not trying to p!55 on their parade but why is it so expensive, £25 for a two course lunch is way more than the average fan would be willing to pay.

Why not convert half the area downstairs in BTG to a pub style area with decent pub grub including a children's menu all at an affordable price.
    I suspect their target market is those who are happy to pay 25 quid extra for a different match day experience. Seems a decent way of trying to get some bums on those empty seats as they obviously aren't filling them with people who are willing to pay top whack for hospitality.

It's certainly worth a go.

£25 for some potato skins and a sandwich . I know there are other food options but pub grub shouldn't really cost that much.

Not sure why it costs an extra fiver for ST holder to move seat to west upper as well, views in the East stand will be just as good as West surely?!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Not something I would do every week but seems no bad for a wee pint and something to eat.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    It's as Butcher says. We're M&S-esque, not Tesco. You've got to cough up the premium.

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Am I reading that right , £50 for a non season ticket holder !!!???

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    Yes, but I presume that includes your match ticket

Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    Yes...that'll have them rolling along....

Even at £25. Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Yes, but I presume that includes your match ticket
    That would make more sense BW.

It's a good idea but maybe Hibs do need to have a wee look at how they are pricing this.

A soup and a sandwich in the Cafe Royal will set you back between £12 and £16 and a soup and burger about £17. That's decent pub grub in decent settings.

If Hibs priced this just a bit better i think demand would be high. £15 for ST sitting in their own seat, £20 for upgrade to West stand and £15 plus whatever a walk up ticket costs these days for non ST members.

These offers that have been appearing lately are a good idea though and hopefully they are a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I suspect their target market is those who are happy to pay 25 quid extra for a different match day experience. Seems a decent way of trying to get some bums on those empty seats as they obviously aren't filling them with people who are willing to pay top whack for hospitality.

It's certainly worth a go.
    I agree Mikey it's worth a go. My gripe is that they are trying to entice the more affluent supporter and do nothing for the ordinary supporter. We have BTG where the food is limited, overpriced and crap. We should be taking the Wetherspoons approach. Drink and burger £7, or drink, burger and match ticket £30.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's a good idea but maybe Hibs do need to have a wee look at how they are pricing this.

A soup and a sandwich in the Cafe Royal will set you back between £12 and £16 and a soup and burger about £17. That's decent pub grub in decent settings.

If Hibs priced this just a bit better i think demand would be high. £15 for ST sitting in their own seat, £20 for upgrade to West stand and £15 plus whatever a walk up ticket costs these days for non ST members.

These offers that have been appearing lately are a good idea though and hopefully they are a success.
    I agree with you the pricing is a bit high, you won't get Boozy entertaining you in cafe royal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Agreed 100%

Nothing here to tempt me I'm afraid, more overpriced nonsense for the ordinary football fan in the street. No doubt it will be 4 quid a pint as well.

I agree Mikey it's worth a go. My gripe is that they are trying to entice the more affluent supporter and do nothing for the ordinary supporter. We have BTG where the food is limited, overpriced and crap. We should be taking the Wetherspoons approach. Drink and burger £7, or drink, burger and match ticket £30.
    What if this were just the first in a set of new initiatives? I accept it wont suit everybody but feel it's a bit unfair to criticise when the aim is surely to offer something that's not currently available?
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    paid £52 for a top tier seat at the Camp Nou,(yes yes I know !),£4 for a hotdog(massive)and a bottle of water !

I don't even support Barca

so,as long as the football on offer keeps me optimistic,I may give it a try,to support my team :tbgwa:

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    I'd pay the £25, not every week but for now and again, aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    What if this were just the first in a set of new initiatives? I accept it wont suit everybody but feel it's a bit unfair to criticise when the aim is surely to offer something that's not currently available?
    My critism is that they are catering for the minority how many ordinary supporters can afford twenty five quid for a two course meal.

Why not improve the catering facilities for the majority of less well off fans ?

As an aside in the current financial climate I can see people who would go for the full corporate package opting for the cheaper option.

My critism is that they are catering for the minority how many ordinary supporters can afford twenty five quid for a two course meal.

Why not improve the catering facilities for the majority of less well off fans ?

As an aside in the current financial climate I can see people who would go for the full corporate package opting for the cheaper option.
    I understand what you're saying but the Corporate Business Development Manager has only been in post a few weeks and I believe this initiative is only a starting point!
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough derek0762's Avatar
    I'm booking it for four of us for the killie game 2 st holders & 2 non its all money to our club is the way I see it & a nice wee change going from the ffs to the posh seats in the west lol

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

I think it's a good deal and I can see me booking as a wee Xmas pressie.

Personally I want Hibs to make money on this, there simply has to be a decent mark up to make it worthwhile IMO. Hibs and Scottish football, in general, are an emotional attachment and for the sake of a tenner here or there it's a good initiative.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Do you get a pint/free drink on arrival too? It is a bit pricey