hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves III

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Peeved at -
    - Ditters on the road who go at 30mph and, once you pass them, accelerate to the speed you are going.
    - Idle chat between the check out assistant and her pal who s-l-o-w-l-y bags & pays for her groceries
    - Standing for ages at a check out. Then, when you are half way to the till, they open up another check out and all the people behind you rush to it & get served before you do.
    - Bag-filling fund raisers at check outs who guilt-trip me into sponsoring their next European tournament in some exotic place that I can't afford to go to.
    - Not being allowed to shoot seagulls ('s**thawks' as they are more accurately called).
    - People who seem to enjoy being the only person to park on the opposite side of the road from all other parked vehicles

....to be continued.
    Last edited by snooky; 18-11-2013 at 06:00 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

A new one today, folk that say "hey ho" as in, "my bus was late but hey-ho"

really annoying.

Coaching Staff
    Fail, epic Fail and "... much?" are all ridiculous turns of phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fail, epic Fail and "... much?" are all ridiculous turns of phrase.
    the word "epic" annoys the **** out of me too.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Add awesome, how's you? and touch base to my hate list

My bad and oh my days can be added to the phrases list.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    "as it says on the tin" what tin ffs

"spilt my coffee over the monitor" fgs

People who don't dress appropriately for the weather then spend hours moaning about being 'pure freezing'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Grammar policemen who when they object to the wrong use of their and there don't mention they're.

i have to admit i really do get stuck with them sometimes but not as bad as the "me and my mates went to the game" instead of my mates and i....etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who don't dress appropriately for the weather then spend hours moaning about being 'pure freezing'.
    I have a mate like that, wears shorts on all weather then moans he is cold! Well put some bloody trousers on!

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i have to admit i really do get stuck with them sometimes but not as bad as the "me and my mates went to the game" instead of my mates and i....etc etc etc
    That's the old joke "Help, help... Me and my mate are getting mugged!!! Of course I'll help, it's my mate and I are getting mugged, now run along."

Those cheap shiny grey suits Topmam sell and everyone that wears one thinks they are stylish and original.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    "as it says on the tin" what tin ffs
    Ronseal of course!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Peeved at -
    - Ditters on the road who go at 30mph and, once you pass them, accelerate to the speed you are going.
    - Idle chat between the check out assistant and her pal who s-l-o-w-l-y bags & pays for her groceries
    - Standing for ages at a check out. Then, when you are half way to the till, they open up another check out and all the people behind you rush to it & get served before you do.
    - Bag-filling fund raisers at check outs who guilt-trip me into sponsoring their next European tournament in some exotic place that I can't afford to go to.
    - Not being allowed to shoot seagulls ('s**thawks' as they are more accurately called).
    - People who seem to enjoy being the only car to park on the opposite side of the road from all other parked vehicles

....to be continued.
    That annoys me more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    My bad and oh my days can be added to the phrases list.
    "My bad" is one I particularly detest.

Another Americanism that has slowly crept its way into everyday language over here.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Lazy gits with no kids who park in the parent & child spaces at supermarkets to save them walking an extra 20 yards or so.

People with Blue Badges who park in the parent & child spaces because its easier or closer to the building than the available disabled spaces.

Parents who take thier kids to Soft Play and then ignore them for 2 hours while they run wild.

People who press the button on the crossing but walk over before the lights change leaving me to stop at a red light for no reason.

People who stand beside Zebra crossings, looking like they might use it, but have no intention to.

When i make way while walking for someone and say "on you go" and they reply "after you" and you have the awkward stand-off trying to decide when to move and it always ends with both of you making a move at the same time.

Mothers with young kids in cafe's. You're enjoying your coffee, the kids are running riot and yelling their heads off. Mothers hear nothing and calmly continue blethering with their mates
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Those cheap shiny grey suits Topmam sell and everyone that wears one thinks they are stylish and original.
    Is that when you've got a really, really good mother?

But on the topic of clothes (and I write as someone who could never be described as a fashionista).

- Guys wearing black leather raincoats in the mistaken belief they look edgy, gothic and dangerous. in the summer they just look and smell sweaty. And why do so many of them have irritating beards?
    - Wee lassies allowed to go out looking like apprentice hookers. Seriously, why would you allow your daughter out like that?
    - Rugby shirts
    - Youth football coaches wearing huge Fergie style puffa jackets

Coaching Staff
    The misuse of the word "myself"...

"Please email it to myself..."
    "He spoke to Jimmy and myself about it..."

It's up there with "my bad", "epic fail" and other such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by brian6-2 View Post
    here we go, another deluded hippy.......................
    Aye nae bother, I''ll crack the jokes !

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Lazy gits with no kids who park in the parent & child spaces at supermarkets to save them walking an extra 20 yards or so.
    Parent & Child spaces being close to the supermarket to suit lazy parents who can't walk another 20 yards.

People with Blue Badges who park in the parent & child spaces because its easier or closer to the building than the available disabled spaces.
    Parents who show no sympathey to blue badge holders who park in the nearest available space close to the supermarket.

People who press the button on the crossing but walk over before the lights change leaving me to stop at a red light for no reason.
    Drivers who get annoyed at this, do they really expect me to stand waiting at a completely clear road for the lights to change.

People who stand beside Zebra crossings, looking like they might use it, but have no intention to.
    Drivers who completely ignore Zebra crossings

When i make way while walking for someone and say "on you go" and they reply "after you" and you have the awkward stand-off trying to decide when to move and it always ends with both of you making a move at the same time.
    People being annoyed at other peoples good manners.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Richard Littlejohn. Seeing he's reportedly paid £800k a year makes me sick, especially as he can't even spell basic words like 'health' and 'compensation'.

If you look at his track record - writing that the murders of five women were 'no great loss' or bullying someone through the Mail who was going gender reassignment surgery (she was found dead shortly after) - he's a vile, vile human being who seeks to dehumanize anyone who isn't a middle class white male.

Vile, vile man.

Quite a few tbh

Standing in a checkout queue when you get tapped on shoulder by old or older person whose let another old/older person in that's only got a couple of things. I've stood just as long and don't let person in... I've got no manners Apparantly. That grips ma ******.

I've stood as bloody long they've obviously got all day and nowt better to do.

Folk that don't wash and smell and look dirty. They'restood next to you in shop etc. No need. Boaksville

Folk that park all sorts of vehicles on the pavement blocking the path.

Blue badge holders that drive in a supposed Pedestrian precinct area and then shout at you whilst waving their blue badges. (One of the twats bout ran ma 4 yo daughter down last week and did the waving, telling me to control my child) grrrrr

Better stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Richard Littlejohn. Seeing he's reportedly paid £800k a year makes me sick, especially as he can't even spell basic words like 'health' and 'compensation'.

If you look at his track record - writing that the murders of five women were 'no great loss' or bullying someone through the Mail who was going gender reassignment surgery (she was found dead shortly after) - he's a vile, vile human being who seeks to dehumanize anyone who isn't a middle class white male.

Vile, vile man.
    You can add Piers Morgan and Jeremy Kyle. What are the talents that allow these people to infiltrate the airwaves?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

Vile, vile man.

Dick Littlejohn?
    Bang on the money - even if you're dyslexic.

Blog Entries
    Just came off a call with a biz-talk muppet.

He used the following:

"When we take a helicopter view rather than considering the granularity we can understand the strategic implications".

I understand the meaning entirely, but was cringing at the pomposity of the phrase.

Would be easier and quicker for me to list things that don't annoy me.Humanity in general is something to sneer at.People are morons, with the exception of the very few.

However, my number one object of hatred right now is drivers who drive too close to the kerb, not leaving sufficient space for cyclists.A perfect example is Salamander Street/Seafield Road during rush hour in the evening.I can cycle faster than you can drive your car at this particular point, and there is a couple of right turns meaning I'm on the inside, and until we reach the designated cycle path, I'm on the road, so move the **** over and show some consideration.

Coaching Staff
    "Who knew..."

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by southfieldhibby View Post
    Would be easier and quicker for me to list things that don't annoy me.Humanity in general is something to sneer at.People are morons, with the exception of the very few.

However, my number one object of hatred right now is drivers who drive too close to the kerb, not leaving sufficient space for cyclists.A perfect example is Salamander Street/Seafield Road during rush hour in the evening.I can cycle faster than you can drive your car at this particular point, and there is a couple of right turns meaning I'm on the inside, and until we reach the designated cycle path, I'm on the road, so move the **** over and show some consideration.
    If you read the Highway Code it states that you should not pass any vehicle on the left hand side unless they are signaling right. So you should in fact wait in the queue of traffic...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey1875 View Post
    If you read the Highway Code it states that you should not pass any vehicle on the left hand side unless they are signaling right. So you should in fact wait in the queue of traffic...

Overtake only when it is safe and legal to do so. You should

• not get too close to the vehicle you intend to overtake
    • use your mirrors, signal when it is safe to do so, take a quick sideways glance if necessary into the blind spot area and then start to move out
    • not assume that you can simply follow a vehicle ahead which is overtaking; there may only be enough room for one vehicle
    • move quickly past the vehicle you are overtaking, once you have started to overtake. Allow plenty of room. Move back to the left as soon as you can but do not cut in
    • take extra care at night and in poor visibility when it is harder to judge speed and distance
    • give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road
    • only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so
    • stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left