hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves III

The neds you see walking around with their hands down their trousers! They must think they look like gang members in LA or something. In fact they look like twats who can't stop fondling themselves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Folks who get outraged at some crap on Facebook then share it before actually bothering to check if it's true. Modern day equivalent to hags exchanging gossip over the garden fence.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    I'll get back to you at some point
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Coaching Staff
    People texting in work meetings.

People following satnavs instead of the real road in front of them.

More...

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Grammar policemen who when they object to the wrong use of their and there don't mention they're.

When someone texts you, you reply relatively quickly and then hear nothing for days. Why? You obviously have your phone!!

The price of tuna, in about 5 years it's gone from 35p a tin to 90p. That's incredible inflation!!

General bad manners as mentioned above e.g. queue jumping, not saying thank you.

When people don't properly finish a senten

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    People who dont indicate at roundabouts.

People who slow down to almost a complete stop when approaching a roundabout despite being able to see clearly that there is nothing coming for miles.

People who dont say thank you when you hold a door / make way for them.

People who hold a door for you when your miles away from it.

At work, when i leave myself logged onto a computer so i can get on quickly the next day and keep the seat i like and someone else has been in before me and switched off the computer and logged themselves on instead!

@hibs.net private member
    A good number of years ago I decided that I was just wasting energy, getting wound up about stuff, and I decided to stop it forthwith. And I was right! I generally exist now in a Buddah-like state of near constant serenity. However, this thread has got me going, and I particularly would like to agree with the following, with thanks:

Quote Originally Posted by Twa Cairpets View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5) Cows on motorway overpasses
    *******s

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who leave a bag on the seat next to them on the bus when it's busy. I always make a point of sitting next to them.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    LOL & OMG.
    Hanging's too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Feet on seats on buses and trains pish me off no end. They'd be the first to complain if their clothes got covered in dug poop or dirt if they sat on a seat in which someone had their manky shoes on it previous
    Come the revolution, I'll be handing out on-the-spot fines for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    People who have a I can do/say what i want attitude without consideration for the people around them.
    Selfish a*******s.

Facebook statuses in the style of:
    'Young James has 30 brothers and 28 sisters. He lives on 1 cup of dirty water and half a rotten cabbage a year. Both his parents are dead and he has 3 seconds to live. 1 like = 1 respect. Let's see who just scrolls past this. I know who i think will care.'
    **** off.
    Indeed. In fact, Facebook in general.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    On the matter of facebook, when people post a vague, ambiguous update, usually just looking for attention, which results in folk commenting along the lines "oh babe what's up? xx" or "You ok hun? xx".

Your and you're and their and there.
    Both of those.

And the inevitable response to the "You on hun? Xx" is "Doesn't matter x" or "Will PM you".
    Attention seeking pish.
    Aye. That too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Bad manner more common in the older genration than they like to believe.
    Often to be heard moaning that young peope today have no respect anaw.

The neds you see walking around with their hands down their trousers! They must think they look like gang members in LA or something. In fact they look like twats who can't stop fondling themselves.
    Quite. Perverts.

PLUS:

See folk at the supermarket who stand scratching their ***** and staring into the middle distance while their week's mega-shop goes through the checkout, and then, when they've paid, realise they've got to pack it away, and proceed to do it at snail's pace.....
    I'm not talking about the old, doddery and confused here, or young people and students who lack experience / a care in the world, but the selfish f****** who are demonstrating that they currently own the checkout and they intend to use whatever time it takes them, to pack their gear at their leisure.

Why are manufacturers fragrancing toiletries and household goods with vanilla, chocolate, fig, cranberry, marshmallow?
    I DON'T WANT TO SMELL LIKE A ******* BISCUIT!!!!

When we had the epic snow a few years back, I went to Waitrose in Morningside and found that a number of my fellow shoppers had turned up on cross-country skis. And I'm still raging.
    At least in part because I can't really justify my anger: skis were probably a more sensible way to get about at the time, and I was skiting about all over the place in my boots; Edinburgh is an international place, and these people are maybe from Tromso or suchlike and generally get about their business like this. I can't quite get rid of the suspicion, though, that they were just pretentious, look-at-me *****.

Combining the bus and snow themes, the massive snowfall put an awful lot of people on buses who don't normally go there. And they wanted everyone else on the bus to know that: "Oh - I give you money and put it in there?" "HOW much? In CHANGE???" "Can I sit anywhere [amongst these peasants?]"
    Last edited by s.a.m; 15-11-2013 at 07:13 PM.

I don't mean to sound like I'm holier than thou or getting at others who have previously posted but people who are intolerant of the elderly annoy me and need to have a word.

Big, bushy roundabouts where you can only see the car you are supposed to be giving way to far too late. If all the crap wasn't there obstructing people's view it would be a lot safer.

Holier than thou again but people behaving unacceptably in the company of their own children. If you have your children with you and you swear constantly, drink cans or smoke in their faces you are out of order as they don't have a choice but to be influenced and effected by you.

People who leave towels in cubicles at the baths to bagsy them. I remember being 21 in Ibiza and coming back to the hotel at six. There were German towels out already but we made sure that it was a free for all in the morning as all these towels were in the pool by the time we had finished. I feel like doing something very similar when my poor boy is freezing his erse off when he gets out the pool and can't find anywhere to change after his swimming lesson.

Agree with the old people thing, think they should only be allowed out at certain times.

people who genuinley believe google is spying on them.

people wishing thier 1 year old bairn a happy birthday on facebook, does your 1 year old bairn have a facebook? can your 1 year old bairn read?

people who post a status on facebook asking for the number for the local doctors surgery.

people who sit on the outside seat on a busy bus and leave the window seat either empty or for thier bag. Does your bag pay 50 sheets a month for a bus pass? has your bag paid for a ticket?

smelly people on buses.

foreign people in airports, nae manners whatsoever.

people who live in this country but have zero interest in learning the language.

people who brand you racist for having an opinion like the one above.

people who post a completely pointless post on facebook every year after they have lost a loved one.

i have so many and could go on and on, im getting old haha

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brian6-2 View Post

people who post a status on facebook asking for the number for the local doctors surgery
    That's a belter!! it gives me the rage when someone goes on a messageboard or Facebook asking a question that would be quicker to google, maybe its the people who are scared Google is spying on them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    That's a belter!! it gives me the rage when someone goes on a messageboard or Facebook asking a question that would be quicker to google, maybe its the people who are scared Google is spying on them!
    Its a belter and an instant delete for me haha!! more and more folk seem to be doing it, the doctors surgery on is my fave though. attention seeking at its best.

another that gets on my goat is the kids/students taking part in the may day demo's/riots running around with nike air max on and adidas hoodies.

Moon landing conspiracy theorists.

People who have an opinion on everything and think that opinion is valid despite being ill-informed on the vast majority.

Moon landing conspiracy theorists.
    couldnt agree more

9/11 theorists as well.

couldnt agree more

9/11 theorists as well.
    Yeah that one annoys me. I watched a documentary regarding 9/11 theorists and they came across as very arrogant. I got the impression the reason they refused to believe any counter argument and easily dismissed expert testimony was if they accepted they were wrong then they would also have to accept the last 10 years of their life was a waste.

Yeah that one annoys me. I watched a documentary regarding 9/11 theorists and they came across as very arrogant. I got the impression the reason they refused to believe any counter argument and easily dismissed expert testimony was if they accepted they were wrong then they would also have to accept the last 10 years of their life was a waste.
    The majority of them just want to stand out from the crowd and come across as controversial. they just sound absolutely bonkers if you ask me

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    People who needlessly moan about the trivial little things in life.
    Mon the Hibs.

Intolerance.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I don't mean to sound like I'm holier than thou or getting at others who have previously posted but people who are intolerant of the elderly annoy me and need to have a word.

Big, bushy roundabouts where you can only see the car you are supposed to be giving way to far too late. If all the crap wasn't there obstructing people's view it would be a lot safer.

Holier than thou again but people behaving unacceptably in the company of their own children. If you have your children with you and you swear constantly, drink cans or smoke in their faces you are out of order as they don't have a choice but to be influenced and effected by you.

People who leave towels in cubicles at the baths to bagsy them. I remember being 21 in Ibiza and coming back to the hotel at six. There were German towels out already but we made sure that it was a free for all in the morning as all these towels were in the pool by the time we had finished. I feel like doing something very similar when my poor boy is freezing his erse off when he gets out the pool and can't find anywhere to change after his swimming lesson.
    Maybe they were elderly Germans' towels?

Coaching Staff
    couldnt agree more

9/11 theorists as well.
    Never has you pegged as a CIA shill? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Never has you pegged as a CIA shill? ;-)
    never judge a book and all that mr bake

Facebook & Twitter, what's the point?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    To post or tweet pointless rubbish
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Correct.

People who are on Facebook yet all they do is moan about Facebook. See multiple posts above ;-)

Facebook for having such a crap name.

People who go 20mph through the queens park because someone painted a 20 in a white circle on the road

Cyclists who insist on cycling on the same road even when there is a cycle path.

The lazy ******* at work who leave their stinking used porridge bowl in the sink even when there is a dish washer right next to it. (The occasional one has been known to find its way into the bin instead)

Slugs

Women drivers for always using their brakes even when they are on a straight road with nothing in sight, approaching anything, going down a hill, near a pedestrian crossing that has no one waiting and is green etc etc etc.

My partners complete lack of understanding of how to use lower gears to slow down....no You don't just use the brake pedal to stop them move the gear lever from 5th to 1st once stationary!

My partners inability to understand what the 6th gear is for and why that means reverse is not "where it should be"

Someone other than me driving my car :-)

Why the edit function on forumrunner loses all you new line returns when you edit! Grrrrr
    Last edited by RyeSloan; 16-11-2013 at 03:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Blokes who go to get the Sunday papers, bacon and rolls in their shorts and flip flops in the middle of winter. I mean, come on, you know your bollox are being frozen off so why are you doing it? Cos you're hard? Or maybe to show folk that it's a Sunday and you're just not going to make the effort to wear proper clothes cos it's your day off?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    People at parties who try and make you dance.

I don't want to jig about like a tit, I want to sit here and get drunk.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Places that serve scrambled egg as part of a cooked breakfast.

It should be fried with a runny yolk to dip your banger into - that's the rules.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    What really annoys me at the moment is when I put on a tv show like dragons den for example and it shows you a preview of what's coming up on the show. It gives far to much away, you can work out what's going to happen without actually watching the show. It gets right on my nerves.