hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Team Selection

Team Selection

I would love butcher to make a statement and really give our young team a chance.

I would also like to see Cairney getting a game to prove himself again.

Williams

McGivern
    Nelson
    Forster
    Maybury

Thomson
    Robertson
    Craig

Handling

Caldwell
    Collins

I know the above team lacks width but brin in Harris and Cairney if need be or just Harris and play Handling wide.

Baffles me how good Caldwell, Forster and Handling looked then they were dropped.

Zoubir has potential but he is far too raw for the fight we need in the SPFL over the next few weeek/months.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Dont think he would choose that team, heff would be in there with/or for collins. LC SR KT in a midfield would totally kill LC and SR attacking properties. If your playing that style of formation there would be a mid of 1 holding in front of the back 4 and two that would be trying to keep a MF leaving the attacking 3 as your threat.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZ86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love butcher to make a statement and really give our young team a chance.

I would also like to see Cairney getting a game to prove himself again.

Williams

McGivern
    Nelson
    Forster
    Maybury

Thomson
    Robertson
    Craig

Handling

Caldwell
    Collins

I know the above team lacks width but brin in Harris and Cairney if need be or just Harris and play Handling wide.

Baffles me how good Caldwell, Forster and Handling looked then they were dropped.

Zoubir has potential but he is far too raw for the fight we need in the SPFL over the next few weeek/months.
    If you would seriously drop heffernan for caldwell then im glad you dont have to pick the team

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    If you would seriously drop heffernan for caldwell then im glad you dont have to pick the team
    An oversight from me, Hef would be in for collins.

I'd rather that TB picked the team based on what he saw in training...who had shown for him...work ..skill and the system he wants.

In TB we trust but for me Caldwell has a lot to do before earning a start...derby goal apart he flatters to deceive as well as spouting nonsense on Twitter.

I have complete belief that Terry and Maurice will be thorough in their selection process over the international break, taking everything they see in training into account. If that's anything to go by so far, apparently Terry was impressed by McPake in what he saw in the first session, so who knows, the captain may have some more to give to us under the correct management. We'll wait and see, but I know that whoever Terry does pick for the game against St Mirren will have given their all in training, and that is important.

:tbgwa:

GK - Williams
    RB - Maybury
    CH - Nelson
    CH - Hanlon
    LB - Stevenson

RM - Cairney/Zoubir
    CM- Robertson
    CM - Craig
    LM - Mcgivern

ST - Collins
    ST - Heffernan

Mcgivern at left mid could work. Imo he's better going forward than he is defensively. Would give us some width at least until Harris is back.
    Difficult in the middle as Craig, Robertson and KT are all good players but one of them would have to miss out in this set up.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzeelegod View Post
    GK - Williams
    RB - Maybury
    CH - Nelson
    CH - Hanlon
    LB - Stevenson

RM - Cairney/Zoubir
    CM- Robertson
    CM - Craig
    LM - Mcgivern

ST - Collins
    ST - Heffernan

Mcgivern at left mid could work. Imo he's better going forward than he is defensively. Would give us some width at least until Harris is back.
    Difficult in the middle as Craig, Robertson and KT are all good players but one of them would have to miss out in this set up.
    I like the look of this team also.

I would like to see Forster and Handling getting more of a shout.