hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sell Out Saturday - Partick Thistle (H) 7/12

Hibees,

To show our support for the new management team. We should do as much as we possibly can to sell out the home allocation when Partick Thistle play us on the 7th of December at ER.

I'm not sure if this is a Hibs kids game but if it isn't... it should be! Plus Hibs should give away some free school tickets for the Upper part of the Away stand.

Sell Out Saturday... Lets do it!

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Waiter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibees,

To show our support for the new management team. We should do as much as we possibly can to sell out the home allocation when Partick Thistle play us on the 7th of December at ER.

I'm not sure if this is a Hibs kids game but if it isn't... it should be! Plus Hibs should give away some free school tickets for the Upper part of the Away stand.

GGTTH

I get where you're coming from but there is absolutely no chance of a sell out, the best we can hope for is a decent crowd and atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Hibees,

GGTTH
    Its never going to happen, if we beat st mirren and ross county then there will be a big crowd, if we lose both games there will be a small crowd.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    It is a Hibs kids game..No be anywhere near a sell out tho..But build it and they will come.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Hibees,

GGTTH
    Absolutely no chance if another thread is anything to go by.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Hibees,

Great idea but won't happen, everyone will get behind the new management team but problem is WE will still be watching the same players in action, they will still be as bad as they have been this season
    , I think the next big crowd at ER will be the new year derby, around 18,000 if performances and results improve between now and then if not expect 12,000 at the new year game and under 9,000 at the other games.

Anyway welcome to Hibs Butcher and Malpas you have a tough job on your hands hail hail
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 13-11-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: quote fixed

I'll be there... but I'm usually there anyway so that doesn't bring us any closer to a sell-out

Testimonial Due
    Could the board try a buy one get a discounted ticket for the Hearts game or vice versa. Thoughts?

We'll be doing well if we get 12,000 at the game.

Maybe the club could consider a 'Welcome Terry' deal.

STs can bring a friend for a tenner and kids under 10 for £2 or something.

Just as a one off to try and get a few fans back. Of course a win in Paisley and Dingwall will be the best way to boost the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Just as a one off to try and get a few fans back. Of course a win in Paisley and Dingwall will be the best way to boost the crowd.
    They've done similar things in the past so I don't see why not.. Would be good if we can get a semi-decent crowd and atmosphere for his first home game.

12k at the new year derby? Right you are.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    Great idea but won't happen, everyone will get behind the new management team but problem is WE will still be watching the same players in action, they will still be as bad as they have been this season
    , I think the next big crowd at ER will be the new year derby, around 18,000 if performances and results improve between now and then if not expect 12,000 at the new year game and under 9,000 at the other games.

Anyway welcome to Hibs Butcher and Malpas you have a tough job on your hands hail hail
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 13-11-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: quote fixed

should be a decent turnout if buther can score a couple of wins , even filling the east stand would do for a welcome party

Terry Butcher will have only had two games in charge before playing PT. Unless we win either 5-0, while playing orgasm inducing football, there's now way we'll get even 12,000, never mind sell out the stadium.

I'll be happy if we just have a gradual improvement and start scoring goals again. It's not going to happen all at once.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 12-11-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: forgot Ross County

First Team Regular
    The pessimism on here is incredible. We should be throwing our full weight behind such ideas. I think if the board could make some kind of deal for this one it would be a great way to reward our fans who have supported this club through thick and thin. Surely a bit of pressure from us on the board could make something happen?

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    The pessimism on here is incredible. We should be throwing our full weight behind such ideas. I think if the board could make some kind of deal for this one it would be a great way to reward our fans who have supported this club through thick and thin. Surely a bit of pressure from us on the board could make something happen?
    So will Season ticket holders get in free then?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The only way we will add a substantial number to the gate is if we win our next two games.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    So will Season ticket holders get in free then?
    £10 gift voucher for the club shop? Even the suggestions of season ticket holders getting to bring a mate along could work out?

I've already contacted a few mates who are lapsed season ticket holders and they are even thinking about coming back.

Could someone who is involved with LWT pass on some of the above mentioned suggestions?

We may not get a sell out but let's try our best to get behind Terry and co and show them what ER and the supporters are all about.

Haven't the club done their bit already by getting rid of a manager many fans wanted removed and hiring a pretty popular replacement? If people are 'thinking' about going back anyway why would we need to let them in for free as well? There will be plenty of fans making the journey to Paisley without any other incentives. Surely the first home game will see a similar boost in numbers as well.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

It's a good idea. It would be nice to have a big crowd for his first home match, so making him aware of the size and potential of the club. There are plenty of fans on this forum alone who have stopped going, and hopefully they'll be tempted to give it another try for the umpteenth time. Come on guys, you know you want to.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Haven't the club done their bit already by getting rid of a manager many fans wanted removed and hiring a pretty popular replacement? If people are 'thinking' about going back anyway why would we need to let them in for free as well? There will be plenty of fans making the journey to Paisley without any other incentives. Surely the first home game will see a similar boost in numbers as well.

I think any fans returning should be charged double, until they catch up with the rest of us likes
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

I think any fans returning should be charged double, until they catch up with the rest of us likes
    They should also have to buy us a pie at half time

The last time we had anything close to 20,000 against Partick Thistle was in 1979 when a certain George Best was making his home debut for the club...However, if we were to resurrect George and put him up front with Messi and Ronaldo I still doubt we could sell out this match given the recent performances of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    I agree with this. Why shouldn't it be a sell out? I think it's a great idea to offer deals/discounts to get fans back supporting the team, and why shouldn't we sell it out?

To read quotes talking about watching the same old players is really disappointing. The fans have got their way, the club has a new manager, (most fans first pick), so let's drop the negativity and get behind the team, regardless of who's playing!

Love Terry's comments on Hibernianfc.co.uk

Butcher said: "I'm excited about the future and what we can achieve at Hibernian - it's a great honour to be appointed the new manager of the club.
    "I've been really impressed with the set-up; from the training facilities through to the stadium, everything is in place and now our goal is to deliver the success on the pitch that everybody wants.
    "We want everybody associated with Hibernian - players, staff and supporters - to all pull in the same direction and to implement a winning mindset.
    "This is a big football club with big expectations, but with energy, enthusiasm, desire and focus I believe we can rise to the challenge ahead and win."

Come on fellow HIbbies, let's start believing, and we can crack on with a good manager at the helm.

Can folk not just pay the going rate to get into Easter Road without this idea that they should be offered some kind of deal to allow them in on the cheap?

Really the club should just let everyone in for free - that would be interesting to see how many we get.

The only catch to monitor it would be you have to enter with a ticket - get in advance or from the pods outside.

It would be a sorry for being crap for 5 years gesture. I'm a ST holder and wouldn't care if people got in free unless they sat in my seat

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Can folk not just pay the going rate to get into Easter Road without this idea that they should be offered some kind of deal to allow them in on the cheap?
    Maybe with well over half the stadium empty letting in say school kids is no a bad idea ?

At the risk of sounding like an "uber fan" I really think we should all make the effort to go to this one if we can.

Yes, its been torture recently, but this is a new era and TB seems to be able to get people to play for him (who knows - he might even get Collins and Vine to look like football players!)

I'll be taking as many of my friends and family as I can - the fact it's a Hibs Kids game should help the attendence also.