hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

Question for those not going back till Fenlon is out.

What was your new excuse today? Don't fancy Butcher, too cauld I want Summer fitba, too expensive with Christmas coming up, rather spend my money in the pub or some other reason?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Out of interest what was attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was your new excuse today? Don't fancy Butcher, too cauld I want Summer fitba, too expensive with Christmas coming up, rather spend my money in the pub or some other reason?
    I would be interested to hear this as well.

I was there but i can't blame anyone who doesn't want to go and watch this team.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Utter boredom, I'd imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    8700 odd.

That was a Fenlon performance today. If you stop players playing football long enough they will soon forget how to play it! Tel has a hard job turning it round now.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    Just over 8700 i think.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    Rather spend my money in the pub, that do you?

It's not the fans fault.

Crap crowd today-expected as we are dire to watch.

I wouldn't have gone if I didn't have a ST - it's just a waste of money!

As said on another thread - they weren't scanning ST's in the East today strangely

Wins will bring fans back-winning and entertaining will bring lots more fans back. We are a long way from both!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    That was a Fenlon performance today. If you stop players playing football long enough they will soon forget how to play it! Tel has a hard job turning it round now.
    Sure.

Son wanted to go swimming instead of sitting bored sh*tless and freezing at ER.

It's getting harder and harder to keep the wee man interested in Hibs just now and I dont really blame him

Fenlon ruined people's enthusiasm for Hibs. It will take a while to get many of these guys back. It's still the same background team and still same set up so can you blame them?

Folk having a go at fans for staying away are starting to bug me. I still go but would never ever have a go to anyone fed up with Hibs. 1-5 0-7 aye let's rush back because we won today...... Oh wait!!!!

Coaching Staff
    Football is slow, turgid, ponderous, sideways, lacking leadership, a rudderless ship, cowardly, lacking hunger, zero pace, bereft of creative players in the final third, James Collins & Rowan Vine........................is that a good enough reason for Hibs supporters having turned their back ?

No one, simply no one, can blame Hibs supporters for not coming to watch Hibs - the product is sub standard rubbish and doesn't merit a £25odd walk up for those that didn't get a season.

Scandalous to even question a fans judgement on not coming down to Easter Road. I argued last year with a coach about Hibs not being a 'one man team' with Leigh in it - now I have to eat humble pie, because clearly we were. This squad, with the additions, needs double sessions and cleared of those with a losing mentality.

Anyone hear Mo Malpas on the radio after the game - now that is what I want to hear at Easter Road. Twice he used the phrase 'whipped into shape' and I think that was said twice for very very good reason Hibs players better watch out this next few weeks because they are going to get worked harder than they have ever been worked. For those that argued Hibs players are unfit - away and boil yer heids - this team ARE unfit and don't work hard enough at training on their fitness.

Certain players need double sessions and their stamina needs worked on. The failure to close down is annoying me, especially when other teams seem to see it as a core duty (which it is). At set pieces, other teams look to take quick, circulate the ball speedily - Hibs take their time, slow it down, allow teams to regroup.

Enough is enough - sod a venga bus, sod beards, sod coffee clubs and twitter - get to work you lazy sods and work on what you are paid handsomely to do - train and play PROFESSIONAL football

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Football is slow, turgid, ponderous, sideways, lacking leadership, a rudderless ship, cowardly, lacking hunger, zero pace, bereft of creative players in the final third, James Collins & Rowan Vine........................is that a good enough reason for Hibs supporters having turned their back ?

No one, simply no one, can blame Hibs supporters for not coming to watch Hibs - the product is sub standard rubbish and doesn't merit a £25odd walk up for those that didn't get a season.

Scandalous to even question a fans judgement on not coming down to Easter Road. I argued last year with a coach about Hibs not being a 'one man team' with Leigh in it - now I have to eat humble pie, because clearly we were. This squad, with the additions, needs double sessions and cleared of those with a losing mentality.

Anyone hear Mo Malpas on the radio after the game - now that is what I want to hear at Easter Road. Twice he used the phrase 'whipped into shape' and I think that was said twice for very very good reason Hibs players better watch out this next few weeks because they are going to get worked harder than they have ever been worked. For those that argued Hibs players are unfit - away and boil yer heids - this team ARE unfit and don't work hard enough at training on their fitness.

Certain players need double sessions and their stamina needs worked on. The failure to close down is annoying me, especially when other teams seem to see it as a core duty (which it is). At set pieces, other teams look to take quick, circulate the ball speedily - Hibs take their time, slow it down, allow teams to regroup.

Enough is enough - sod a venga bus, sod beards, sod coffee clubs and twitter - get to work you lazy sods and work on what you are paid handsomely to do - train and play PROFESSIONAL football
    Spot on!

Left by mutual consent!
    P*SH thread......i don't go to a football game to be impressed and entertained by a manager sitting in a dug out!! I don't stay away because money is tight and I don't stay away cause I canny afford a warm jacket and gloves.

I stay away cause the football is utter sh*te and I'd prefer to spend my well earned time off from work at the weekend in many other ways.....this type of thread is simply annoying!!

Good luck to you and hats off for your persistence in going but just because you go doesn't mean you love Hibs any more than I do!!

Well said

Fans are being taken for ride and I blame Fenlon - the players and RP still for appointing Fenlon.

CHANGE IS NEEDED - CHANGE WHICH IS LONG OVERDUE AT ER...if Butcher can't achieve it I believe the core of Hibs is well and truly rotten.

Can't be arsed anymore.

That is a post. 100% agree, well said!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i really do feel for the wee weans going to ER, i really do, any young ones that started going in the last 2/3 years must be wondering wtf it's all about how the level of quality has been brought down is nothing short of shameful....hang yer heads in shame whoever is responsible teams used to be feart of a visit to ER....now they rub their hands in anticipation...shameful

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Fenlon isn't out yet. His style of football was very evident today.

Fenlon will be out when his tactics and style of football are out.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Fenlon isn't out yet. His style of football was very evident today.

Fenlon will be out when his tactics and style of football are out.
    I see this is the new thing today after we've probably got worse over the last two weeks.

For the past few weeks or months it's been the argument that all that was needed was getting Fenlon out and anyone could get the set up just a bit more attacking and it would be job done.

I had planned to go today but - efter the Hearts game - I decided to treat two colleagues to a game of golf on the Links.

They made up a fourball, and me and one of them (he shot -1 gross) got pumped 4 and 3 .. good company, good golf, good food and drink.

I think I made the right call.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chump View Post
    P*SH thread......i don't go to a football game to be impressed and entertained by a manager sitting in a dug out!! I don't stay away because money is tight and I don't stay away cause I canny afford a warm jacket and gloves.

I stay away cause the football is utter sh*te and I'd prefer to spend my well earned time off from work at the weekend in many other ways.....this type of thread is simply annoying!!

Good luck to you and hats off for your persistence in going but just because you go doesn't mean you love Hibs any more than I do!!
    If you are that disinterested, why are you on here?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I see this is the new thing today after we've probably got worse over the last two weeks.

For the past few weeks or months it's been the argument that all that was needed was getting Fenlon out and anyone could get the set up just a bit more attacking and it would be job done.
    How has it been any worse Andy?

Inverness hammered us all over the park today, no differently than they did last time we played them when Fenlon was in charge.

Fans won't be back until things pick up. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. That's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

So soon as Fenlon took over no one said CC has left his imprint on the squad no?? Course they did....You need to stop defending him when it's clear he's left us with a crap team simple as that. No pace, no urgency, no shooting all which was the same under 2 yrs of Fenlon.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    How has it been any worse Andy?

Inverness hammered us all over the park today, no differently than they did last time we played them when Fenlon was in charge.

Fans won't be back until things pick up. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. That's just the way it is.
    Ah, it's until things pick up now is it ? Fantastic.

Well articulated. saved me the bother of posting.

First Team Breakthrough
    If you are that disinterested, why are you on here?
    Why are you? Trumpet!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    My take on today was we are worse under Nicholl than we ever were under Fenlon. Today's performance should put an end to the theory that those times this season we have played well, JN was the reason.
    I would like to know who made the changes at half time as the two who were lifted were easily the worst two in the first half. That level of observation has so far been missing this season where we have persisted when it was going wrong.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I decided not to bother getting a season ticket this season, mainly because of the football on offer and the games getting changed to Sundays or Mondays. My season ticket was not worth it anymore, and i decided i'd just pay at the gate when going.

I went to Malmo and then the home game, i then decided i wouldn't be going back in a hurry. I was not boycotting Fenlon, i was just not bothered about travelling the distance and taking the time out my day to watch pish.

I went last week against the gimps, and that did nothing to whet my appetite again, and i couldnt tell you when i will be back, although funny enough i looked at train prices on thursday and nearly bought them.

That was a right good escape, glad i never bothered and lucky or unlucky i managed to watch it on the tv.

You and others may not like it, but it gets easier and easier each week you dont go, and obviously its a huge worry for the management at Easter Road.

As i said before, i'm not boycotting, i'm just not tempted to spend my time and money on that kind of pish.

Done that and got the T shirt, not anymore.