hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ref v ICT

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar

Ref v ICT

Not sure who it was, maybe Madden? But I thought he was absolutely terrible. Some of his decisions were baffling, (the offside from our Corner where the ball was played back!?) and thought it was a stone wall penalty when Forster got cleaned out by the keeper.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The offside from the corner was about the only one he got right because it was played by the second player to the corner taker who came back from an offside position to get it.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Conned 90% of the time by Inverness players. Poor game. He is getting it tight on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conned 90% of the time by Inverness players. Poor game. He is getting it tight on Monday.
    One of the poorest refs I've seen at ER in ages. If you know him show him this thread Lex. He is rotten!!!

Checked earlier, gave 22 fouls against us.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Absolute doughnut!!!

Lines men / assistant refs just as bad

How we never got a penalty just before half time I'll never know.

Accountability for refs in Scotland is the only way to improve this ongoing dilemma

Until this happens, we're stuck

Thought the referee had a decent game to be fair!! Very suprised Thomson wasn't booked though, must have gave away 5 or 6 fouls in the 2nd half alone.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    The offside from the corner was about the only one he got right because it was played by the second player to the corner taker who came back from an offside position to get it.
    I could be wrong with the offside rule but was the ball not played backwards back to the corner taker (Robertson?)?
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I could be wrong with the offside rule but was the ball not played backwards back to the corner taker (Robertson?)?
    Doesnt matter if it goes backwards if he is offside when the ball is kicked.

First Team Breakthrough jon paul jones's Avatar

Angry

Referee drove me crazy today and i'm a happy clapper

1) Someone please explain how the infamous short corner was stopped and free kick given to ICT. If the hibs player takes the corner and runs back for the give and go, then how is it offside. Unless the hibs player didn't touch the ball???
    2) Surely a penalty at corner against Forster in first half, he heads it over bar in melee and goalkeeper lamps him in the face on the follow through, no yellow, no free kick, no penalty
    3) Insanely high karate kick aimed at Stevenson face on with studs showing...ref just thinks lets keep the game flowing as I don't want to ruin my coupon

A *H** Howard Webb

If there isn't a song, i'll start one next month next time he officials

@hibs.net private member

Ref

Yes it does. The ball must be played forward for it to be offside

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike

Yes it does. If he is behind the ball when it's kicked he's onside no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Yes it does. The ball must be played forward for it to be offside
    Suggest a wee look at the laws of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    Yes it does. If he is behind the ball when it's kicked he's onside no matter what
    He wasnt behind it though. He took the corner. The player recieved it and layed it off backwards. Player taking the corner was offside when it was played backwards. He ran back onside to get it.Whehter the ball is played backwards or not makes no difference. He ran from offside to collect it.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
    Suggest a wee look at the laws of the game.
    If you have 2 players that get behind every opposition player and player 1 who is ahead of player 2, cuts it back to player 2. It's not offside.

You can't be offside from a backwards pass. (In that situation i should say )

He wasnt behind it though. He took the corner. The player recieved it and layed it off backwards. Player taking the corner was offside when it was played backwards. He ran back onside to get it.Whehter the ball is played backwards or not makes no difference. He ran from offside to collect it.
    That is correct.

It doesn't matter which direction the ball is played in. If a player in an offside position runs back onside to collect it, then it is indeed offside.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    If you have 2 players that get behind every opposition player and player 1 who is ahead of player 2, cuts it back to player 2. It's not offside.

You can't be offside from a backwards pass.
    True in that situation. If player 2 is ahead of player 1 and runs back to get the ball that player one plays back then he is offside. In short if he is offside when the ball is played even backwards he is offside.ps nice edit lol

Left by mutual consent!
    celtc used to play a short corner most weeks. player 1 would pass it to player 2 who would stop it and player 1 would run on to it and bang it into the box.

Given player 1 was usually still on the goal line when player 2 stopped the ball, he was almost certainly offside every time. Refs never ever saw anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    celtc used to play a short corner most weeks. player 1 would pass it to player 2 who would stop it and player 1 would run on to it and bang it into the box.

Given player 1 was usually still on the goal line when player 2 stopped the ball, he was almost certainly offside every time. Refs never ever saw anything wrong with it.
    Im guessing if he only stops it he isnt passing it so the original corner taker isnt offside?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I didn't think he was all that bad TBH. Certainly had no impact on the result imo. Lino running the east was a Wee bit sleepy but to be fair, so was I sitting watching that dross,

Im guessing if he only stops it he isnt passing it so the original corner taker isnt offside?
    It doesn't need to be a pass. Any contact made that results in the offside player from collecting the ball, is still offside.

I've never understood short corners anyway. Just put the ball in the box from the arc, that way it can never be offside.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post

You can't be offside from a backwards pass. (In that situation i should say )
    If player 2 cuts the ball backwards ( terrible pass) and player 1 (who is ahead of 2nd last defender and ball) checks his run, and comes back to receive the ball he is offside.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post

Not when there are players on the posts from a corner, however today it was a quick corner and Inverness were not set so Robertson came from offside to collect the ball, in an ordinary situation when the defending team has had time to set themselves he would have been onside.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I didn't think he was all that bad TBH. Certainly had no impact on the result imo. Lino running the east was a Wee bit sleepy but to be fair, so was I sitting watching that dross,
    I thought the same. The only one that really got on my goat was the one in the second half when cummings was meant to have tripped their defender and he went flying.

As I've said previously it was 100% a penalty fir them. Ours would have been dubious as that's exactly how a keeper should command his box.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    I thought the same. The only one that really got on my goat was the one in the second half when cummings was meant to have tripped their defender and he went flying.

As I've said previously it was 100% a penalty fir them. Ours would have been dubious as that's exactly how a keeper should command his box.
    He never won the ball though?... He just smashed through Forster...
    Mon the Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The West stand linesman was terrible. Behind play all the time and didn't make a decision until the ref (also pish) gave him the nod.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    He never won the ball though?... He just smashed through Forster...
    I'm quite glad we never got the penalty, I don't think I could take the rage when whoever took the penalty somehow found a way to avoid spotting from it.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The West stand linesman was terrible. Behind play all the time and didn't make a decision until the ref (also pish) gave him the nod.
    Weve certainly had them this season - was the same for the Aberdeen and Hearts game it was almost like they were deliberately behind play.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Weve certainly had them this season - was the same for the Aberdeen and Hearts game it was almost like they were deliberately behind play.
    Missed you and Noah at the game today, even turfed a guy out your seat before kick off!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Missed you and Noah at the game today, even turfed a guy out your seat before kick off!
    Hehe thanks - I'll need to get your moby I posted one of the match threads (shudda PM'd) - Sol has been doing a bit of Ralph and Huey since lastnight and Gaby joined in the fun this morning so worst case scenario - me holding the fort with mopping up, washing, medicine dispensing and cooking duties.
    the wee mans still passed out on my as I watch the rerun on Alba (why oh why?!).
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.