hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best Fans in the World - Did They Deserve It?

Travelled to Amsterdam, knowing what to expect. Took one hell of a beating, and now play the innocents.

Dutch supporters are well known for their behaviour, might it not have been sensible to take a lower profile. Or, do they really believe that everyone loves Celtic.

Ajax need fined for THAT banner, but does it justify the Celtic fans going looking for trouble afterwards?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Bad enough when they come to Easter road!....best fans in the world, my arse.
    Lemon greeting about everything these days....tackles, vine, Ajax, match kick off times.....shut the f up lennon
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

They deserve everything they get. Treated no worse than we get weeg.greetin face pondlife cannae handle it.its a conspiracy. Ajax hate them too.

I'm no fan of them but some of the treatment dished out by plain clothes policemen was an absolute disgrace at times, I'm sure had we been in that situation we wouldn't be happy about it.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's hilarious this best fans in the world pish. All they seem to have need to have done to self-proclaim themselves as this is sing another clubs song with their scarves above their heads and monopolise grief.

Now they are European footballs bitches on the pitch they have decided they still have to be best at something and why the Celtic board have tried to redirect the blame. It's almost as bad CSKA denying the racist chanting.

Let's see how great they are this weekend with it being Remembrance Sunday

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ajax need fined for THAT banner, but does it justify the Celtic fans going looking for trouble afterwards?
    Mitigating circumstances will be that no one has called them fenians for a while now (ever since Rangers died in fact), and they'd have been shocked beyond breaking point by that taunt. The reason that no-one has called them fenians is that the new club The Rangers was not admitted to the top league. So it's not TGFITW's fault, it's the fault of the other SPFL clubs' chairmen.

Waving Palestine flags in a prominently jewish city is asking for bother IMO. Deserve everything they got. Just as bad as the Huns IMO.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    They deserve everything they get. Treated no worse than we get weeg.greetin face pondlife cannae handle it.its a conspiracy. Ajax hate them too.

and why is that ? or did that bigoted banner explain why ?

Would hate to have been a innocent passenger on the Trams they attacked - would have been absolutely terrified

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    My boss said her husband was there with their son and the celtic fans were givi g as good as the got in the pubs, goading people all night seemingly

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    I don't remember any trouble when Scotland travelled to Amsterdam to play Holland.

Best fans in the world? Pash.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    I'm no fan of them but some of the treatment dished out by plain clothes policemen was an absolute disgrace at times, I'm sure had we been in that situation we wouldn't be happy about it.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    Would hate to have been a innocent passenger on the Trams they attacked - would have been absolutely terrified

and this

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    I lived in dam and still close.fans just same as rantic.teepots

Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    Missus work collegue was. Tram driver asked everyone to get up brace and move other side of tram.somebody got face splattered up window. Locals enjoying their perch. Drunken scots.sad

Since living in Glasgow, I've seen a fair few groups of European fans come here for games against Celtic and Rangers. On encountering the Ajax fans on their recent visit, was the first time I thought there might be trouble: in the short time spent on my journey from work to Central Station I witnessed big groups of them acting aggressively towards people, playing dead and stopping traffic in the middle of the road, banging passing cars and buses and a few puking in the street, all around 4pm in the afternoon. Nothing totally violent or mental, but enough evidence for me to think that those boys might cause bigger problems later.

It was no surprise then, that when thousands of Tic fans went through to party in Amsterdam amongst these radges, there was gonna be trouble somewhere. I don't know the full details of what happened, so won't judge just yet, but will say that they were naive to think they were going to get the warm reception they believe they get everywhere else they go. Having now read some other posters reports, maybe they thought the Dutch behaviour back home gave some of them the misguided license to act like thugs, when they should have done the opposite. A childish 'they started it' mentality perhaps.
    Last edited by bronca; 09-11-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Waving Palestine flags in a prominently jewish city is asking for bother IMO. Deserve everything they got. Just as bad as the Huns IMO.
    The Ajax Judaism makes as much sense as the Celtic supporting Palestine. Amsterdam probably has more Muslims than Jews. That said, Ajax have no history of anti Irishness, and the Celtic fans are kidding themselves on to think that anyone else in the world really cares about them.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Everybody hates Celtic, even though they are the best fans in the world. Everyone who is not with them is Orange. Their minds must have gone into meltdown when they learned the name of the Dutch Royal family.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    My boss said her husband was there with their son and the celtic fans were givi g as good as the got in the pubs, goading people all night seemingly
    I find that hard to believe, all I saw on the news was people in hoops, with arms opened wide as they appeared to be inviting locals to share their cans of beer.
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 09-11-2013 at 09:41 AM.

What bigoted banner?

This was always going to happen from the moment the celtic fans stole some of tge ajax fans flags when they were in Glasgow and taunted them with them at the ground. That's what set the ajax fans off at parkhead and it set the tone for the away leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    The Ajax Judaism makes as much sense as the Celtic supporting Palestine. Amsterdam probably has more Muslims than Jews. That said, Ajax have no history of anti Irishness, and the Celtic fans are kidding themselves on to think that anyone else in the world really cares about them.

Everybody hates Celtic, even though they are the best fans in the world. Everyone who is not with them is Orange. Their minds must have gone into meltdown when they learned the name of the Dutch Royal family.

I find that hard to believe, all I saw on the news was people in hoops, with arms opened wide as they appeared to be inviting locals to share their cans of beer.
    The ajax judaism is because a lot of other clubs (notably feyenoord) used the Jewish thing as an insult and the ajax fans then appropriated it for themselves.

To suggest that a team from Anne Frank's home city cant claim any jewish links as well is a bit odd imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    What bigoted banner?

This was always going to happen from the moment the celtic fans stole some of tge ajax fans flags when they were in Glasgow and taunted them with them at the ground. That's what set the ajax fans off at parkhead and it set the tone for the away leg.
    the ajax fans had a big banner that said f*nian *********s

The ajax judaism is because a lot of other clubs (notably feyenoord) used the Jewish thing as an insult and the ajax fans then appropriated it for themselves.

To suggest that a team from Anne Frank's home city cant claim any jewish links as well is a bit odd imo...
    like I said teepots. Ajax have the arrogance of hearts the morals of celtic and the stench of the currents

What bigoted banner?

Ajax had a massive banner in one of their ends reading 'Fenian *******s'

Also was alot of bother when Man City & Man Utd both visited the Dam.

Quote Originally Posted by PacoLuna View Post
    the ajax fans had a big banner that said f*nian *********s
    Ahh right, can't say I'd heard anything about it until now. However at the end of the day, having your feelings hurt by a banner isn't really a reason to go looking for a pagger.

the dutchies sold the german jew family out

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    They are the best fans in their world in their heads, the problems arise when they step into the outside world.

If you over step the mark in another country you are at the mercy of how their authorities chose to respond. What did they expect would happen? - the Dutch to stand back and pay tribute to the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world as they ran amok.

Been to Amsterdam many times, Ajax games a few times - their fans are pretty much like the Uglies ironically.............
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 09-11-2013 at 09:55 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Their was always going to be trouble after the aggro at Darkheid.

I doubt Hibs fans would have stood meekly by if a fan was being attacked by what seemed to be an Ajax fan but was a plain clothed policeman. This is not a defence of Celtc as they have plenty morons in their support but which set of fans would have behavd differently?

First Team Breakthrough
    tbf, theres bawbags in every set of support... its just unfortunate the normal fans who were there to enjoy themselves and watch the football (just like us) get tarnished because of some people who were probably out for trouble.

in any case seems judging by parkhead stuff that ajax "fans" were more out for trouble than celtic, and they found it. i just feel sorry for any ordinary fans who got caught up in it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post

I doubt Hibs fans would have stood meekly by if a fan was being attacked by what seemed to be an Ajax fan but was a plain clothed policeman. This is not a defence of Celtc as they have plenty morons in their support but which set of fans would have behavd differently?
    got to agree with this... think people have been charged for hitting the undercover police, but what were the police thinking? morons.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by libernian View Post
    got to agree with this... think people have been charged for hitting the undercover police, but what were the police thinking? morons.
    What do yo think the police were doing?

I suppose for a polisman, in uniform or otherwise, to attempt to arrest some probably pushed weenie ****wit was bang out of order.

Or do you think there were just random police attacks on completely innocent city of culture types?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by libernian View Post
    tbf, theres bawbags in every set of support... its just unfortunate the normal fans who were there to enjoy themselves and watch the football (just like us) get tarnished because of some people who were probably out for trouble.

in any case seems judging by parkhead stuff that ajax "fans" were more out for trouble than celtic, and they found it. i just feel sorry for any ordinary fans who got caught up in it.
    Always going to be bother at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    What do yo think the police were doing?

I suppose for a polisman, in uniform or otherwise, to attempt to arrest some probably pushed weenie ****wit was bang out of order.

Or do you think there were just random police attacks on completely innocent city of culture types?
    Aye cos there's never been innocent UK fans battered abroad while supporting their clubs in Spain, France, Italy etc etc before.