hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

WE the fans are partly to blame!

we the supporters are partly to blame for our poor league standings in the previous seasons. This forum is just a coldrun for for nonsensicle hypocritical comments that spark debates that dont need to be dabated. I am a die in the wool hibs fan howver have always restricted my self to joining this forum as i think it is desperately embarresing. However what tipped me over the edge the day was the booing vine recieved when coming on the pitch the day what a f**ing discrace. I admit he hasn't exactly light this season up so far but that isnt an excuse for the amount of bull**** he recieves or anyone else. Good spl players suddenly become below average when they join hibs for some reason unless they get the ball rolling straight away duly because the demorilizing abuse of us the fans if we are not impressed. Maybe if we encouraged instead of humiliating we as a club would move forward but sadly I doubt that

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DPBurgh1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we the supporters are partly to blame for our poor league standings in the previous seasons. This forum is just a coldrun for for nonsensicle hypocritical comments that spark debates that dont need to be dabated. I am a die in the wool hibs fan howver have always restricted my self to joining this forum as i think it is desperately embarresing. However what tipped me over the edge the day was the booing vine recieved when coming on the pitch the day what a f**ing discrace. I admit he hasn't exactly light this season up so far but that isnt an excuse for the amount of bull**** he recieves or anyone else. Good spl players suddenly become below average when they join hibs for some reason unless they get the ball rolling straight away duly because the demorilizing abuse of us the fans if we are not impressed. Maybe if we encouraged instead of humiliating we as a club would move forward but sadly I doubt that
    Brave first post mate.

You better have a tin hat, no big F off bunker to hide in.

So since you've posted you've now become one of the 'desperately embarrassed'

Best laugh in ages btw.

Enjoy.

i agree what happened to Vine was ooo.A booing amnesty should happen now for a while.

Within the Hibs support there are moaners, people who abuse players, the relentlessly negative, the relentlessly positive, people who swear at games, people who get drunk before games, people who sing, people who sit on their hands, people who post pish on forums, people who post well thought out arguments on forums, people who don't look at forums at all, people who think everything was better in the past, people who back the board, people who hate the board.......

In other words we are the exact same as almost every other group of supporters in the world. All this nonsense over the last few days trying to paint us as some kind of super aggressive, ultra demanding bullies is getting right on my nerves. Get a ****ing grip.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Ha ha whatever abuse I recieve I am sure I will be able to take it. I know people wont be happy with this post, hibs fans never are including myself.

First Team Breakthrough ZS DOOM's Avatar
    Where's my popcorn?

This thread is as pointless as any of those you describe. The fans are to blame for our underachievement, have a serious word

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Within the Hibs support there are moaners, people who abuse players, the relentlessly negative, the relentlessly positive, people who swear at games, people who get drunk before games, people who sing, people who sit on their hands, people who post pish on forums, people who post well thought out arguments on forums, people who don't look at forums at all, people who think everything was better in the past, people who back the board, people who hate the board.......

In other words we are the exact same as almost every other group of supporters in the world. All this nonsense over the last few days trying to paint us as some kind of super aggressive, ultra demanding bullies is getting right on my nerves. Get a ****ing grip.
    This.

I'll get ma Rod... Nope the Op already has his. Wee trip from fields afar (maybe not that far) by the looks of it.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    If this club isn't happy with my services, then they're welcome to put me on a free transfer.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Did Inverness fans hound Billy McKay in his first season ?

Guaranteed it would have happened here.

This is the sort if thing where I think fans are culpable. Manager or player if you don't hit ground running and stay there it gets nasty.

Ah the unmistakable whiff of yam

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    This thread is as pointless as any of those you describe. The fans are to blame for our underachievement, have a serious word
    I said partly to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

This is the sort if thing where I think fans are culpable. Manager or player if you don't hit ground running and stay there it gets nasty.
    Did Hibs fans hound Pat Fenlon in his first season, despite one of the most shocking results in our history?

No. Because he was still here after.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Ah the unmistakable whiff of yam
    I can assure you I am not a yam, whats the problem ? us the supporters not allowed to take a bit stick now and then

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Did Hibs fans hound Pat Fenlon in his first season, despite one of the most shocking results in our history?

Yeah many thought he should go and are still talking about it now.

Not being pedantic but the word is cauldron :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post

Jings, are the schools out already? Have you not got homework you should be doing?

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    I said partly to blame
    i for one agree with the OP. he's not saying it's 100% the fans' fault, just that they have had a roll in the downward spiral, they have helped to foster an atmosphere of negativity, and that they (i.e. WE) should accept this.

I can assure you I am not a yam, whats the problem ? us the supporters not allowed to take a bit stick now and then
    Yes we are , but the players must expect it too

Every season ICT are in the SPL or whatever the hell it's called they are overachieving, being in the top half even more so. We on the other hand are massively underachieving and have been for some time. It stands to reason there will be a bit more frustration kicking about.

Aberdeen and their fans is a more relevant example imo. Or even Hearts this season, manager and players have been thrown into very poor circumstances but the fans are turning on them quickly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Yeah many thought he should go and are still talking about it now.
    But he wasn't "hounded out" was he?

Fenlon is gone, not because he was "hounded out". But because in the space of 2 years, he failed to improve on his tactics, making us continuously dire to watch.

Don't you think there would have been Inverness fans calling for McKays head?

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Yes we are , but the players must expect it too
    the OP is offering constructive criticism. would you say that this is also what the players receive?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Jings, are the schools out already? Have you not got homework you should be doing?
    Perhaps you should go back to school. You might learn how to post something relevant to the discussion for a change.

Strange first post, brave or stupid? Either way I actually agree to some extent. The folk who boo a Hibs player for me are making it worse. What's the point of it? Claros was a good example of players who start off slow can actually do well. Not saying Vine or whoever it is folk boo will be good players, such is life some players will be duds. But booing them is ridiculous.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    the OP is offering constructive criticism. would you say that this is also what the players receive?
    First time i've ever seen an F-bomb offered as constructive criticism.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

If we as a club were over achieving as much as Inverness have done recently, why would we be hounding anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    i for one agree with the OP. he's not saying it's 100% the fans' fault, just that they have had a roll in the downward spiral, they have helped to foster an atmosphere of negativity, and that they (i.e. WE) should accept this.
    people must realise we are guilty of this,

I have sympathy with the OP too. One of the proudest moments (and don't laugh) as a Hibs fan was our response to loosing to Celtic last year in the Cup Final. The support was immense and I think most enjoyed the day (if not the result). I went away thinking at last the support is really behind the team this bodes well....

....it was not to be and the support has been let down too often in the big games but why do we go to watch Hibs? Surely the experience is enhanced when the crowd is really behind the team? The football may be erratic (being polite) but lets at least have a good day out. Booing and negativity helps no one. Not the players, not the enjoyment of the game, does nothing to encourage new people to attend and destroys confidence.

I know we have all been tested to the limit but the choice is simple if you don't like the entertainment stay at home, if you do lets create a great atmosphere and enjoy the game!! Keep it up Section 43!