hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Will Rod get this one right this time.

Or should he have any part in the picking of our new manager after his last few failures.

Or does he get another chance to muck it up again and we are sacking another manager in 18 months.

After hearing that he consulted with Potter on Fenlon i would rather he has no say at all in the picking of the next manager, but what chance is there of that happening.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I don't think he'll make the appointment.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Petrie should have walked right after CC he should be away from club and nowhere near manager selections.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's had nothing tae do with him, he's no been responsible, it's all been other people's fault.

Most likely the fans
    Last edited by Saorsa; 04-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Last time the job was up was there not a big fanfare annoucement on the Hibs website that Petrie would not be involved in recruiting the next manager?

To be fair I think he tries to get it right.
    He's just not very good at it.

No, why would he ? . Nothing has changed. He was not involved with picking Fenlon yet that seems to have been a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last time the job was up was there not a big fanfare annoucement on the Hibs website that Petrie would not be involved in recruiting the next manager?
    There sure was, and have a guess what, he got involved and paraded Fenlon to the press at ER when they announced the decision, and we now find out that he took advice from Potter regards to Fenlon.

He can't help but not get involved as everything has to go through Petrie and he gets the final say at the end of the day.

Maybe it's just time for Petrie to step down from his position at the club either now or at the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Well he's had enough ****** practice I wish he'd just appoint Potter so it would be a no brainer for me, I could just walk away, cut up my ST and never set foot inside ER again.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Or does he get another chance to muck it up again and we are sacking another manager in 18 months.
    TBF, Whilst the media like to announce to all about the number of managers we have had over the years, not all of them have been sacked.
    McLeish and Mowbray (?) left for pastures new, and both Collins and Fenlon resigned.
    Williamson was told his contract would not be re-newed I believe, which is almost a sacking I suppose.

I believe the problem we have is not entirely down to the manager of the team but from what happens in the board room. Petrie says in the press this morning he is not aware of any hostility towards himself, he much be living in a carboard box and needs to move to a padded cell.

Left by mutual consent!
    I have my doubts if TB would really want to work with him at ER

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    TBF, Whilst the media like to announce to all about the number of managers we have had over the years, not all of them have been sacked.
    McLeish and Mowbray (?) left for pastures new, and both Collins and Fenlon resigned.
    Williamson was told his contract would not be re-newed I believe, which is almost a sacking I suppose.

I believe the problem we have is not entirely down to the manager of the team but from what happens in the board room. Petrie says in the press this morning he is not aware of any hostility towards himself, he much be living in a carboard box and needs to move to a padded cell.
    Got a link by any chance.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by erskine-hibby View Post
    To be fair I think he tries to get it right.
    He's just not very good at it.

He should speak to his opposite number at St Johnstone they rarely seem to get it wrong.

Hey .. Rod.. selective memory

Blobby Williamson ( if you want entertainment go to the pictures)
    Duff jimmy ( might as well sign all ma pals)
    Yogi ( one of the boys)
    Calderwood ( wheres the mirror)
    fenlon ( not get hammered again . again oh and again )

prob missed a few "stars".
    mowbray , McLeish done a job.2 0ut 0f 11 or so aint bad.

I would expect Rod to be very much involved this time.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Yogi ( one of the boys)

Hey, you're right. Why has no one highlighted this chink in our armour before now?

What targets do you think the Board set or discuss with a new manager? Do they have ambition or is it just that the manager is prepared to take all the flack that comes his way and "shield" the Board???

First Team Breakthrough GraniteCityHibs's Avatar
    Yogi ( one of the boys)

Hey.. Hibiza.. what you on about?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by banarc7062 View Post
    What targets do you think the Board set or discuss with a new manager? Do they have ambition or is it just that the manager is prepared to take all the flack that comes his way and "shield" the Board???
    If the board actually set targets, wouldn't we have an idea on what those targets are?

From what i've seen, none of us seem to have a clue what the clubs intended targets are.

It makes you think that there are no targets set beyond finanical level.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    If the board actually set targets, wouldn't we have an idea on what those targets are?

From what i've seen, none of us seem to have a clue what the clubs intended targets are.

It makes you think that there are no targets set beyond finanical level.
    Yeah this is definitely right, a company that has a turnover of £8 million a year operates with no goals or targets regarding it's product which would directly impact the financial aspect of the business.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Does it matter? The last 9 managers have been welcomed by the majority of the fans who in large were mostly happy about the appointments.

There's something that happens at the club after the appointments that's holding us back. That's what needs addressing.

Yogi ( one of the boys)

LOL, posts like this make me laugh........
    Williamson was wanted by a majority of fans who, simelar to butcher, was doing well at another SPL club (Killie)
    Yogi was also wanted due to hime being a Hibs man who had done relativley well with youth at Falkirk.
    Fenlon had won cups and leagues in Ireland and came with a great CV. Again, backed by most fans.

I agree Calderwood and Duffy were poor but not too bad in comparison to some clubs.

We screamed we needed investment in the playing squad, I would say Craig, Thomson, Robertson, Nelson wont be on pennies and then we sign a striker for 200k. Is that the board or the scouting staffs fault they are not good enough?

The board (Petrie) has transformed hibs into a club with 13m in assets and stability at a time when the SPFL have 3/4 clubs that could go to the wall. I am happy the job they have done.

The managers are to blame for not performing

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mchibee View Post
    Yeah this is definitely right, a company that has a turnover of £8 million a year operates with no goals or targets regarding it's product which would directly impact the financial aspect of the business.
    My point is, their focus is soley on the money. The don't care if we're dire to watch, as long as they continue to keep things steady finanically.

The fact that we continue to more or less break even, despite the clubs loss of revenue from more and more fans failing to go to games, would suggest that they're cutting costs in order to do so.

The boards sole target is to break even. There doesn't seem to be any targets set beyond that of the accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DAZ86 View Post
    LOL, posts like this make me laugh........
    Williamson was wanted by a majority of fans who, simelar to butcher, was doing well at another SPL club (Killie)
    Yogi was also wanted due to hime being a Hibs man who had done relativley well with youth at Falkirk.
    Fenlon had won cups and leagues in Ireland and came with a great CV. Again, backed by most fans.

I agree Calderwood and Duffy were poor but not too bad in comparison to some clubs.

We screamed we needed investment in the playing squad, I would say Craig, Thomson, Robertson, Nelson wont be on pennies and then we sign a striker for 200k. Is that the board or the scouting staffs fault they are not good enough?

The board (Petrie) has transformed hibs into a club with 13m in assets and stability at a time when the SPFL have 3/4 clubs that could go to the wall. I am happy the job they have done.

The managers are to blame for not performing
    well said!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    It's had nothing tae do with him, he's no been responsible, it's all been other people's fault.

Most likely the fans
    I'm Sparticus! !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Or should he have any part in the picking of our new manager after his last few failures.

After hearing that he consulted with Potter on Fenlon i would rather he has no say at all in the picking of the next manager, but what chance is there of that happening.
    By Rod...do you mean' Rod'...or 'the board'? Not picking on your post particularly, but there are a number who either support 'Rod' or don't support 'Rod'...when in fact its a board decision.

Do people know who the current board are? - if not you should find out.

If you do know who they are - do you seriously think that such individuals would have no input in major decisions?

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    My point is, their focus is soley on the money. The don't care if we're dire to watch, as long as they continue to keep things steady finanically.

The fact that we continue to more or less break even, despite the clubs loss of revenue from more and more fans failing to go to games, would suggest that they're cutting costs in order to do so.

The boards sole target is to break even. There doesn't seem to be any targets set beyond that of the accounts.
    My point is that your point is ludicrous and lacking in facts. Our turnover was up £1.1 million on the previous set of accounts, Pat had plenty to spend. Surely they could have just saved that money instead of investing it in the team. Do you honestly think that the board hand over this money for transfers/wages and don't tell the manager what they expect for the season?

The fact that the team hasn't been performing is not down to a lack of targets it is down to not having the right personnel to achieve targets which is entirely different. The reason Pat is unemployed this morning.

I genuinely cannot believe that anyone thinks that anyone who part owns a football club wants it to not be entertaining and is happy for it to lose fans as long as it breaks even. We credit our board for being excellent financially but anyone who has worked in business knows fine well it is far easier to turn profit if the customer is spending more money than less money. It would be naive to think that the board don't realise a winning, entertaining team would result in more money for Hibernian FC.

First Team Breakthrough
    If Petrie hires Terry Butcher, can he be blamed? He's who the majority of the fans want

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Does it matter? The last 9 managers have been welcomed by the majority of the fans who in large were mostly happy about the appointments.

There's something that happens at the club after the appointments that's holding us back. That's what needs addressing.
    Yep.