hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zoubir

First Team Regular

Zoubir

Hi Guys,

What's everyone thoughts so far on Zoubir? I missed his first few games when he was getting rave reviews but after watching our last few games, I am struggling to see what he brings to the party and looks way out of his depth at the moment. What has changed?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Guys,

What's everyone thoughts so far on Zoubir? I missed his first few games when he was getting rave reviews but after watching our last few games, I am struggling to see what he brings to the party and looks way out of his depth at the moment. What has changed?

Nothing in my eyes!
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 04-11-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's brought nothing to the table so far but hasn't really had much opportunity. Perhaps Pat hasn't played him in his natural position? Would hardly be a shock would it?

I think we should let the guy start a few games before we totally write him off. I don't know why but I suspect he might do okay wide in a front 3. Zoubir - Heff - Harris anyone? Worth a try?

Left by mutual consent!
    Seems to be a bit of a one trick pony.

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Seems to be a bit of a one trick pony.
    That's a whole lot of tricks more than some we have............

I think he's shown what he can do in glimpses, he just does it all the time although I noticed after he lost the ball twice yesterday he was more inclined to release his passes earlier.

He reminds me of Sproule to an extent, he's got something but he needs to learn the game. Coming from a Fusbal background has clearly helped his ability but he needs learn more, which will come, but it's a tough time to be playing for Hibs just now and rightly should start the game on the bench.

I've noticed though regardless how 'strong' our bench kinda is there's been no impact with any changes so I'd give him the time to learn more about the game before we should expect more.

a new manager could have this kid working wonders

Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    Hi Guys,

From what i've seen so far he looks a quality footballer. First time I saw him play was against thistle and he was very impressive that night contributing decisively to the goal that won three points we barely deserved. He is still very young and adapting to our game so I wouldn't expect too much from him this early but the prospect of both him and Harris in the team is an exciting antidote to the dire stuff on show recently.

This is my first post so go easy. Cumbernauld Hibee as well - thought I better get that fact out the road early . I saw Zoubir at St Johnstone when we won 2-1. He was on for the last 15 mins or so. I thought he showed flashes of being absolutely great. He was really entertaining to watch, everytime he got the ball it was exciting. Left the St Johnstone boys chasing shadows. Since then, match by match, he seems to have had his wings clipped. If I hadn't seen him in the earlier matches I wouldn't rate him too much based on his recent performances. I hope a creative and talented player like him isn't being numbed by the Scottish game or our coaching. In the St Johnstone match he was always playing in the right direction - towards the opponents goals, he was beating men and freeing up other players by drawing people to himself and he could control the ball with his first touch.

When he came on against Hearts I think he got one pass.
    I would like to seem get more of the ball before we judge him.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Has ability but hasn't appeared to have much of an appetite for the game in his last few appearances. Much like Cairney, his lack of pace undermines his quick feet, meaning he can beat his man but doesn't manage to get away from him.

Clearly has a bit of ability. Easily pushed of the ball a couple of times yesterday though.

Been here a couple of months now so needs to start showing a bit more IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbo View Post
    This is my first post so go easy. Cumbernauld Hibee as well - thought I better get that fact out the road early . I saw Zoubir at St Johnstone when we won 2-1. He was on for the last 15 mins or so. I thought he showed flashes of being absolutely great. He was really entertaining to watch, everytime he got the ball it was exciting. Left the St Johnstone boys chasing shadows. Since then, match by match, he seems to have had his wings clipped. If I hadn't seen him in the earlier matches I wouldn't rate him too much based on his recent performances. I hope a creative and talented player like him isn't being numbed by the Scottish game or our coaching. In the St Johnstone match he was always playing in the right direction - towards the opponents goals, he was beating men and freeing up other players by drawing people to himself and he could control the ball with his first touch.
    Somebody has to come from Cumbernauld :)

I was at that game too and thought the same about him. Could he be another victim of the East Mains curse?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    He's a winger being played in the middle of nowhere more often than not. He must be wondering why on earth he bothered.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    He's a winger being played in the middle of nowhere more often than not. He must be wondering why on earth he bothered.
    Yip.

It happens all too often.

I like him, he has the bit of something we lack, however won't get the best of him out wide because he has 0 pace as was shown when we had a chance to counter against Aberdeen and he was fresh on the pitch and was sooo slow.

Id like to see him in the middle in front of Thomson and Robertson!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green.and.white View Post
    I like him, he has the bit of something we lack, however won't get the best of him out wide because he has 0 pace as was shown when we had a chance to counter against Aberdeen and he was fresh on the pitch and was sooo slow.

Id like to see him in the middle in front of Thomson and Robertson!
    He hasn't been playing out wide though.

He was playing in the middle of nowhere against Aberdeen as well in that god awful 4-4-1-1 set up.

No pace, hates a tackle, likes to do the same trick. Great!

Had one good run against the yams.
    From their penalty box back to the half way line.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Had one good run against the yams.
    From their penalty box back to the half way line.
    In Zoubir's mind he has two options

A. Fancy flick attempt then pass as I'm too slow

B. Run in a circle for twenty seconds before picking out our centre half.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I dont rate him and said so on another thread a few weeks ago, apart from the odd 5 mins here and there he doesnt really add much to the game and if/when cairney and harris are fit i cant see him getting much game time

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itslegaltender View Post
    No pace, hates a tackle, likes to do the same trick. Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    I dont rate him and said so on another thread a few weeks ago, apart from the odd 5 mins here and there he doesnt really add much to the game and if/when cairney and harris are fit i cant see him getting much game time
    As a replacement for Wotherspoon in the squad he seems to be doing quite well.

Coaching Staff
    We have some really awful fans.

First Team Breakthrough BVB Hibs's Avatar
    He's young and I think he'll get better. My biggest gripe is the fact that after he's beaten a player, he'll either pass it sideways, or look for another player to do the exact same piece of skill against. If he was to beat a player, and then go forwards he's be a really, really good player. By going sideways or taking on a second player, he allows the players he's taken out right back into the game. There's been times when he's done this really well, but not quite enough for my liking yet. It's a small switch though, and hopefully a new manager can work with him to turn him into the player he's capable of being.

He looked far more direct in his 1st couple of games and seemed far more willing to beat a man.

The last 2 or 3 games he's appeared in he seems to be looking to cut back on himself a lot more or trying to look inside to offload the ball. Similar happened with Harris.

Maybe been told to alter the way he plays?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    He hasn't been playing out wide though.

He was playing in the middle of nowhere against Aberdeen as well in that god awful 4-4-1-1 set up.
    He was put out wide against Aberdeen and when he came on up in Inverness and was quiet due to no pace = no threat out wide He kept trying to come inside but didn't make an impact. Only time I've seen him through the middle was against Celtic but he offered little probably because it was Celtic.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He looked far more direct in his 1st couple of games and seemed far more willing to beat a man.

The last 2 or 3 games he's appeared in he seems to be looking to cut back on himself a lot more or trying to look inside to offload the ball. Similar happened with Harris.

Maybe been told to alter the way he plays?
    Don't recall that with Harris at all, who was pacey and direct in all games he was involved in, apart from the Celtic cup final and Malmo games, where he was well marshalled. He had a mare in the 1st half of our opening game against Well, he couldn't beat his man at all, but he still kept trying to do so.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Thanks!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

We also have some awful players, Zoubir being one of them!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Why? Because we dont rate a player, during the game he will get my support the same as any other player but doesnt mean i think he is a good player

I notice that people attending games and in the pub afterwards are more supportive of Zoubir than a lot of the posts on hibs net suggest. Whether thats because season ticket holders are more likely to like entertainer types who do something out of the ordinary, or just see more games, or see things he does off the ball that cameras dont pick up, or this place has a significant minority of trolls and torn faced disasters, I dont know.

Whatever, writing a player off after about 6 games, especially when that player has been playing in a system that we almost all agree has been a dismal failure, is beyond stupid.