hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Folk Sitting In Your Seat

I've noticed it seems to be a growing trend lately that folk arrive in the East stand and sit anywhere they like before being moved on by the ST holder that bought that seat, usually to another seat that has been taken to be moved on again. Tomorrow the East is full and I would remind everyone that their ticket has a seat number. Keep out of other folks seats especially mine ......or I'll go ape.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Happened to me at the Malmo game, a guy sat in one of our seats and sat their whilst people next to us complained we were to far along. Eventually he moved without saying a word.

When it's full people shouldn't be so easy going about where they sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happened to me at the Malmo game, a guy sat in one of our seats and sat their whilst people next to us complained we were to far along. Eventually he moved without saying a word.

When it's full people shouldn't be so easy going about where they sit.
    I went to the bog on Saturday and when I came back my son said someone just sat on my seat next to him without a word, he moved him on. Can't even go for a pash

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    I went to the bog on Saturday and when I came back my son said someone just sat on my seat next to him without a word, he moved him on. Can't even go for a pash
    I noticed the march derby half the people in sect 43 were standing like cattle at half time, nobody had a seat. It's not as important when it's not full but still no excuse

At a derby a few years back (either the 2-0 Jankauskas red or 2-1 Benji winner) a couple of guys were sat a row or two infront. Once the game began a couple other guys came in and moved them. It was only after they'd walked past they realised they'd got Keith Wright to move!

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    At a derby a few years back (either the 2-0 Jankauskas red or 2-1 Benji winner) a couple of guys were sat a row or two infront. Once the game began a couple other guys came in and moved them. It was only after they'd walked past they realised they'd got Keith Wright to move!
    I'll be moving Keith Wright onto the pitch if I see him.

Seems to be beyond most peoples capabilities not to sit on a seat reserved for someone else on a train too, really does my head in! Its not rocket surgery! ;-)

I've noticed it seems to be a growing trend lately that folk arrive in the East stand and sit anywhere they like before being moved on by the ST holder that bought that seat, usually to another seat that has been taken to be moved on again. Tomorrow the East is full and I would remind everyone that their ticket has a seat number. Keep out of other folks seats especially mine ......or I'll go ape.
    better be early, i'm sitting there.....good view anaw!

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    better be early, i'm sitting there.....good view anaw!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    A well know poster from here was in my seat for the Stranraer cup game

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    A well know poster from here was in my seat for the Stranraer cup game
    Who could that be? I think he moved at half time though and sat in another season ticket holders seat....that boy still moaning behind you?

@hibs.net private member
    What's the issue? If someone is in your seat ask them politely to more? Sure any decent person would.

A lot seem to fire into the top of Section 43 that don't have their seats there. We've been told there will be additional stewards at both sides of the section tomorrow. Should help.

Happened at other Yam matches in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    What's the issue? If someone is in your seat ask them politely to more? Sure any decent person would.

A lot seem to fire into the top of Section 43 that don't have their seats there. We've been told there will be additional stewards at both sides of the section tomorrow. Should help.

Happened at other Yam matches in the past.
    A few weeks back another guy was sitting in one of our seats and when asked to move he said something like "its not exactly full is it". You pay a lot of money to buy a season ticket of your choice in a good area, why should folk just assume they can sit in your seat. They bought a ticket for another area not my seat. Its infuriating, their ticket has a seat number on it, sit in it.

@hibs.net private member
    A few weeks back another guy was sitting in one of our seats and when asked to move he said something like "its not exactly full is it". You pay a lot of money to buy a season ticket of your choice in a good area, why should folk just assume they can sit in your seat. They bought a ticket for another area not my seat. Its infuriating, their ticket has a seat number on it, sit in it.
    Can see why people want to head up to where the atmosphere is, as PATG you can't select your seat.

However, in your case, if you ask someone to move out your seat, they should move. End of.

Yeh ... I hate that. The first season we had tickets in the new East we turned up for a match to find folk sitting in our seats. They were very nice about when we asked them to move. In fact so nice they were kind enough to point out that we were in the right row, but the wrong section

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Who could that be? I think he moved at half time though and sat in another season ticket holders seat....that boy still moaning behind you?
    Ha ha. I was very polite about it though!
    And yes they are, were at after 30 seconds on Saturday

I sometimes buy my boys ticket separately from mine if I decide at the last minute to take him. As it's a hassle at the pod to try and get seats together I usually just make sure he in the same stand as me then just find a couple of seats together. With up 10,000 spare seats at some games (thanks, Pat) it's never been a problem.
    If there is a devilishly handsome 42 tearing with a 7 year old sitting in your seats one day, it's probably us, just politely let us know and we will happily move.

Feel free to sit in mine, I've not made it to a game yet! 21st of December though, steer clear that day I might just make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Piqué View Post
    Feel free to sit in mine, I've not made it to a game yet! 21st of December though, steer clear that day I might just make it!
    Lets just hope there's not thousands more empty seats after tomorrow, being packed is a nice problem to have.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I stood up at the Malmo game to shout at the linesman and when I sat down three people were fighting to get an ar5e cheek on my seat.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I stood up at the Malmo game to shout at the linesman and when I sat down three people were fighting to get an ar5e cheek on my seat.
    There's usually three folk trying to get an £rse out of my seat

Better get my seat, hid the smoke bombs down the back at the Aberdeen game.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Sure it wasnt a seat on your ar5e cheek ?

To which you replied "wont take you long to find another seat then, will it?"
    This is how it feels

Get the reserved stickers back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    To which you replied "wont take you long to find another seat then, will it?"
    I did but I dont like getting cheek when trying to justify sitting in my seat. A polite sorry would have done. He was no youngster either.

I had to move four times at our home game with Celtic back in January. Wonder if that's a record.

First Team Breakthrough
    I would quite like to see no fixed seats in the east just a first come first served. Obviously this might upset season ticket holders as it's one of the few perks but would get folks in early and I quite like floating about like the old days of terracing where if someone was getting on your tits you could just move along a bit.

Thoughts??

I did but I dont like getting cheek when trying to justify sitting in my seat. A polite sorry would have done. He was no youngster either.
    Some folk are just plain ignorant. Sad but true
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by derekduval View Post
    I would quite like to see no fixed seats in the east just a first come first served. Obviously this might upset season ticket holders as it's one of the few perks but would get folks in early and I quite like floating about like the old days of terracing where if someone was getting on your tits you could just move along a bit.

Thoughts??
    Sorry Derek but as a season ticket holder it would certainly upset me . . . I make a commitment before we know where we'll finish in the league, infact in the season before last I did so before we even knew what league we would be playing in, this is NOT something I would do if I could not guarantee my own seat. Irrespective of how we are playing the Club still gets my money every month whether I chose to go to the games or not (which incidentally I always do).