hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Ian Holloway sacked

Didn't give him long did they?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Feel sorry for Holloway. Don't think he quite has it at the highest level unfortunately. Have always wanted him to do well in the prem but think he is a champ manager. Good bloke who has a hard life away from football. Love watching the clips of him on the old (and once good) soccer AM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It looks like he'd had a bit of a bad deal here, but he did take over Palace when they were third, and finished last season in 6th.

He did win the play offs, but they have been absolute pish in the Premiership and way off the standard needed to stay up which is their main aim.

Tony Pullis for the job maybe?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Shame.His interviews were a hoot.

First Team Breakthrough Jonny1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jonny1875
    Hes a real character, miss him on motd.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    The Guardian are suggesting that he offered to resign after the Fulham game and again yesterday.

Seems he had a few issues with the club's transfer policy over the summer, maybe he just feels he can't do anything with this squad?

Crystal Palace all but relegated in my view - now need to avoid the lowest ever points total to avoid total ignominy.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    SSN hinting that he has said the job is beyond him.

Resigned, said feeling tired and needs a break, Palace chairman tried to talk hom out of it, just been on Talksport

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems he had a few issues with the club's transfer policy over the summer, maybe he just feels he can't do anything with this squad?
    That team that he was able to select on Monday was certainly not anywhere near EPL standard.

Blog Entries
    This is not a shock. Palace are my local team & apart from the terrible start to the season there have been lots of rumours re dressing room problems & also stories that IH was acting even more barking than normal. Shame really, but as others have said on this thread he's maybe not up to the job at the highest level.

Seems harsh although he will walk into a job in the Championship, maybe at Boro who have just sacked TM. It's a merry-go-round.

His record from 4 November 2012 to 23 October 2013

P46 W 14 D 14 L 18 GF 59 GA 64

Not that shabby really

Also, this is worth a listen http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22707916
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This is not a shock. Palace are my local team & apart from the terrible start to the season there have been lots of rumours re dressing room problems & also stories that IH was acting even more barking than normal. Shame really, but as others have said on this thread he's maybe not up to the job at the highest level.
    I think IH did a pretty good job at Blackpool, given their budget.

Nobody thought Palace were ready to go up, and then they failed to build properly in the summer. Steve Parish seems a decent chairman as they go but perhaps too big a step up for him too?

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Mine too, maybe we're neighbours...

I went to a couple of games last year and remember saying the if we get promoted then premiership teams would have a field day against that defense. Its the same back 4 so I'm not surprised they're conceding so many goals.

I like Holloway and am disappointed it didn't work for him. But the team under IH the team lacked quality in every department (maybe the goalkeeper is alright) and was 100% certain for relegation, so its probably worth a punt on a new manager. Personally, I'd go for Martin O'Neill as Stoke played some brutal football under Pulis. It might have been effective but can't see myself going to many game is they play like Stoke.

I'm going to the Arsenal game tomorrow, should be interesting.