hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Livingston in trouble?

Livingston in financial trouble again?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thats a vague opening post to say the least!

source

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats a vague opening post to say the least!
    Im sure I caught the tail end of an article about a meeting with fans groups to discuss a £1.7M debt. Putting it out there as I cant find anyrhing anywhere on tinternet.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Looks like it:

http://www.livilions.co.uk/forums/sh...-Board-Changes

Talk of an imminent winding up order against the club by the end of the week and they've been shuffling their board around a fair wee bit of late.

It genuinely would surprise me in one sense as the majority of the team are youth developed (with the exception of Andy Barrowman and Simon Mensing who joined this year) though having said that, attracting a crowd continues to be the problem, despite some of the football they play these days!

A club that's in constant farce/crisis and this'll just be another bump in a very long and uneven road but perhaps this time, possibly terminal (as unlike Hearts or Dunfermline, I doubt they have sufficient fans to mount a fan-ownership route and who in their right mind is going to invest into a proven financial black hole).

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...e-livi-2467812
    Last edited by Sylar; 23-10-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Ta Scott.

Provincial teams like Livi etc should have big banners up as soon as you drive in saying "LIVINGSTON - HOME OF THE MOTOROLAS" or whatever their nickname is. Imagine if everyone supported their local town or city's team? It'd be much more entertaining as all these clubs (and us) would all be stronger. I don't think I've met anyone from Inverness who isn't a Rangers fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    Provincial teams like Livi etc should have big banners up as soon as you drive in saying "LIVINGSTON - HOME OF THE MOTOROLAS" or whatever their nickname is. Imagine if everyone supported their local town or city's team? It'd be much more entertaining as all these clubs (and us) would all be stronger. I don't think I've met anyone from Inverness who isn't a Rangers fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Livingston were always doomed. To be fair as a team morphed out of Meadowbank Thistle and then shipped into an area already awash with Glasgow over spill and hence a large OF support they've done not bad but from early promise their support has dwindled as the novelty wore off and the locals went back to following the ugly sisters.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    Livingston were always doomed. To be fair as a team morphed out of Meadowbank Thistle and then shipped into an area already awash with Glasgow over spill and hence a large OF support they've done not bad but from early promise their support has dwindled as the novelty wore off and the locals went back to following the ugly sisters.
    stuff 'em. Although they finally got hit hard, they're just another team that cheated their way to glory, albeit in a less crooked way than the yamturds across the city.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Friend of mines laddie plays CH for them, not good for the players

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    stuff 'em. Although they finally got hit hard, they're just another team that cheated their way to glory, albeit in a less crooked way than the yamturds across the city.
    Exactly. Tin pot club who stole a league cup from us in 2004. Add them to the list of clubs I'd be happy to see go pop.

Testimonial Due
    Can't remember his name but didn't some boy rinse a lottery jackpot on them? What a waste of money.

Can't remember his name but didn't some boy rinse a lottery jackpot on them? What a waste of money.
    Was it not john McGuiness. Won 10 million and invested in them

Good news for Sevco Hertz - a free stadium!
    This is how it feels

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Was it not john McGuiness. Won 10 million and invested in them
    It was indeed. In fairness, Livingston have been the victims of 3 crooked owners, each of whom tried their best to destroy the club (Keane was eventually investigated for fraud, Flynn was never willing to discuss where his finances came from and Massone simply had no money despite his assertions to the contrary).

They were always going to struggle to attract a local support when, as HibbySpurs points out, they were competing against hordes of football fans travelling east and west every week.

I think a lot of the Livingston fans simply got fed up of all the drama which accompanied the club through the rise and fall. This might be one bump too many though as the support remains incredibly low.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Get Scougall snapped up in January!

Quote Originally Posted by mentalhibee View Post
    Get Scougall snapped up in January!

We already had him here and told him he was too small to make it cannae see him wantin to come back

I remember the early days of Livingston, morphed, as someone said from Meadowbank. but if I recall, M/bank were some other name before that? (where's Jonny?) a couple of mates of mine, did the match day programmes for Livi, as well as HFC Homofc, D/utd among others. we were invited to a freebie as the mates always took a "table" for matches as they put money back into folk that gave them business. the chairman, Bill somebody? came to our table and he had a bloody stuffed Parrot tied onto his shooder! had a good laugh with him though, and I thought it would be good for the town of Livi to have their own team. A mate of mine from Livi (celtic fan) took his boy to games, saying that he wanted to bring him up ,away from any of the OF pish. hope they survive.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I remember the early days of Livingston, morphed, as someone said from Meadowbank. but if I recall, M/bank were some other name before that? (where's Jonny?) a couple of mates of mine, did the match day programmes for Livi, as well as HFC Homofc, D/utd among others. we were invited to a freebie as the mates always took a "table" for matches as they put money back into folk that gave them business. the chairman, Bill somebody? came to our table and he had a bloody stuffed Parrot tied onto his shooder! had a good laugh with him though, and I thought it would be good for the town of Livi to have their own team. A mate of mine from Livi (celtic fan) took his boy to games, saying that he wanted to bring him up ,away from any of the OF pish. hope they survive.
    Ferranti Thistle

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Can't say I'm sorry to hear that. Another club to add to the list of fantasists who believe they are better or bigger than they are and spend way above what they can afford. Wont be sorry to see them consigned to the history books.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Ferranti Thistle became Meadowbank Thistle who in turn became Livi. Oops, too late.
    Last edited by StevieT; 23-10-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Beaten to it.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieT View Post
    Ferranti Thistle became Meadowbank Thistle who in turn became Livi. Oops, too late.
    hard lines mate. does remind me of a tv advert though. "eat up, yir at Ferranti's" .

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Ferranti Thistle
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    The week after they won their only cup , they had a crowd of under 3000 at home . Pathetic plastic weegies that they are . Imo

Ggtth

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Good news for Sevco Hertz - a free stadium!
    Almondvale is property of West Lothian Council I believe. It's actually quite a tidy little ground and has offices and 5 a side pitches attached as well as as full size training pitch round the back I think.

Used to have a night club I once had the misfortune to visit but I think it's no there anymore.

IIRC they do pay homage to their "history" the function suites are called things like the "Ferranti Suite" & "Meadowbank Suite".....

In terms of them going bust I wonderif WLC will help them out as I think they did previously???

One of the reasons behind the financial redistribution of payouts in the new SPFL was to help teams in the second tier to remain full-time. Livingston will be one of the clubs benefiting from this but they may still have to go part-time, at least for a while.

From what I've read, debts are mainly to the main owners so it's not been the case of a club ripping off other businesses and the government to the extent of Rangers or Hearts.

A friend of mine was quite vocal against Meadowbank moving to Livingston. The Bill you mentioned (can't recall his surname) barred him from Almodvale when they moved.

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    A friend of mine was quite vocal against Meadowbank moving to Livingston. The Bill you mentioned (can't recall his surname) barred him from Almodvale when they moved.
    Bill Hunter ??

By the looks of it, the debt is owed to the directors. Think its more to do with Directors seeing who can pish highest up the wall. Cant see them going into admin.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Exactly. Tin pot club who stole a league cup from us in 2004. Add them to the list of clubs I'd be happy to see go pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Can't say I'm sorry to hear that. Another club to add to the list of fantasists who believe they are better or bigger than they are and spend way above what they can afford. Wont be sorry to see them consigned to the history books.
    Last one oot put the lights aff!