hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crocks return

@hibs.net private member

Crocks return

Any news on when Harris, Clancey and McPake will return?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Cairney has played for the u20s against Inverness. He has played in eos league team aswell

Nice thread title

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers mate, Handling is back in training as well is he not?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Harris seemed to be walking fine when I passed him yesterday on Princes Street.

I have read somewhere in last week Harris is still 8 weeks away
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have read somewhere in last week Harris is still 8 weeks away
    Think he was due in for another procedure last Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyK View Post
    Think he was due in for another procedure last Thursday.
    Fairly sure he has had the second part, which was removing the pin that got put in. Hopefully him, cairney, handling and clancy are all back soon.

Handling and Cairney played in the recent U20 game. No idea who this Clancy person you speak of is

Handling is ready to come back to main squad. Cairney prob needs a couple of weeks to get back to his racing weight but may be on the subs bench soon. McPake appears to be the only player who is fully fit without actually playing any warm up games. He's a medical marvel.
    I'd expect another 6 weeks before we see Harris and you dont want to be rushing him.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    The lack of news re McPake is strange. If he is fully fit, he'd surely replace Nelson at CH.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    The lack of news re McPake is strange. If he is fully fit, he'd surely replace Nelson at CH.
    Although Nelson has been poor in the last couple I still think he is better than the McPake of last season.

Think I read somewhere that Clancy broke down again with his groin injury and McPake will probably never be back due to his chronic back problems.
    Glad to see Cairney getting a few games under his belt as he's missed all pre season, so game time is essential and I'm pretty sure they said Harris would be near the end of the year before we'd see him again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Think I read somewhere that Clancy broke down again with his groin injury and McPake will probably never be back due to his chronic back problems.
    Glad to see Cairney getting a few games under his belt as he's missed all pre season, so game time is essential and I'm pretty sure they said Harris would be near the end of the year before we'd see him again.
    mcPake's been on the bench for the last month or so? Assuming these stories of his injury/retirement are garbage I'd think he might replace Hanlon in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    mcPake's been on the bench for the last month or so? Assuming these stories of his injury/retirement are garbage I'd think he might replace Hanlon in the long run.

You'd think if he was fully fit, he'd be displacing Nelson in the team. he may play a bit part in lesser cup games etc but would be surprised if we see him after this season. looks to be a bit part player hence the bench is as far as he's got, there's also rumours that if he plays a certain amount of games, an extra year option kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He'd never be replacing Hanlon. With him and Nelson the ball would never been on the pitch! I just dont understand how he can be on the bench every week if he's A) Not fit. or B) Never had any warm up games. I heard he cant play on Astro as that screws his back up!

McPake played the full 90 mins in the under20s derby draw with Hearts a couple of weeks ago and has been on the bench since then.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He'd never be replacing Hanlon. With him and Nelson the ball would never been on the pitch! I just dont understand how he can be on the bench every week if he's A) Not fit. or B) Never had any warm up games. I heard he cant play on Astro as that screws his back up!
    He was on the bench because the defence hadn't been conceding many and had been fairly solid. Up until the second half of Stranraer game where it just all started going down hill. I know we kept a clean sheet at Partick but between that, Inverness and Stranraer we didn't half look shandy at the back.

I think its time for a wee change but I think Pat will stick with the same centre halves on Saturday.

Coaching Staff
    Handling is ready to come back to main squad. Cairney prob needs a couple of weeks to get back to his racing weight but may be on the subs bench soon. McPake appears to be the only player who is fully fit without actually playing any warm up games. He's a medical marvel.
    I'd expect another 6 weeks before we see Harris and you dont want to be rushing him.
    McPake has been playing for the under 20s before coming back into the squad.

He also played most of the second half v St Johnstone.

He will get back in the team when the two there aren't playing as well as he could.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    McPake confirmed on a radio chat show a few weeks back that him and Thommo don't train or play on the 3 G pitches.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    He was on the bench because the defence hadn't been conceding many and had been fairly solid. Up until the second half of Stranraer game where it just all started going down hill. I know we kept a clean sheet at Partick but between that, Inverness and Stranraer we didn't half look shandy at the back.

I think its time for a wee change but I think Pat will stick with the same centre halves on Saturday.
    The defence were shambolic vs Partick, and had it not been for Williams we would have been beaten by 3 or 4. Personally I think it was down to Nelson, he was all over the place at times and his lack of pace was highlighted on numerous occasions. I dont agree with changing a defence all the time but thats three games in a row theyve been all over the place, so if McPake is fit perhaps its time to give him a go!

McPake
    Be careful what you write about James's career unless you want Hibs.Net to get a writ

More likely that unless the guys holding down these positions have a stinker McPake won't think he's entitled to a place. Our centre backs are still succeptible to the ball over the top when pushing the full backs up e.g. Hanlon and Nelson at Partick but McPake doesn't turn quickly either so that wouldn't be a solution

As for poor Tim - it doesnae look good
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...jury-1-3095377

For a break on a load-bearing limb, I reckon Harris may need another 6 weeks before returning to light training and a further 4 to 6 to get back in the first team. My guess is January but he may heal quicker being young
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...-bid-1-3138981
    Last edited by RIP; 17-10-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    The defence were shambolic vs Partick, and had it not been for Williams we would have been beaten by 3 or 4. Personally I think it was down to Nelson, he was all over the place at times and his lack of pace was highlighted on numerous occasions. I dont agree with changing a defence all the time but thats three games in a row theyve been all over the place, so if McPake is fit perhaps its time to give him a go!
    Agree. He had a howler for the third goal up at Inverness where he completely missed the ball. He then did exactly the same at Partick to allow the boy in one on one but thankfully Williams made the save. If Stokes gets a similar chance on Saturday then I don't think Williams will have the chance to make a save though. Add in his bullet header of an OG from the Stranraer game and that's 3 pretty big things on the trot.

I still think Pat will look at the clean sheet at Partick and the defence will remain the same. On this occasion I think its time to make a change despite that, because the defending was poor that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    McPake
    Be careful what you write about James's career unless you want Hibs.Net to get a writ

More likely that unless the guys holding down these positions have a stinker McPake won't think he's entitled to a place. Our centre backs are still succeptible to the ball over the top when pushing the full backs up e.g. Hanlon and Nelson at Partick but McPake doesn't turn quickly either so that wouldn't be a solution

As for poor Tim - it doesnae look good
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...jury-1-3095377

For a break on a load-bearing limb, I reckon Harris may need another 6 weeks before returning to light training and a further 4 to 6 to get back in the first team. My guess is January but he may heal quicker being young
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...-bid-1-3138981

Only typing what he said in a interview on the radio a few weeks ago, maybe Hibs should send McPake a writ about talking about his injury, he was very upfront about it in that interview, pretty sure he was also tweeting about his back problems too, so .net and and folk posting about McPake are not telling lies, are you speaking on behalf of Hibs FC Gogs regarding the threats of writs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    McPake has been playing for the under 20s before coming back into the squad.

He also played most of the second half v St Johnstone.

He will get back in the team when the two there aren't playing as well as he could.
    He played 1 ONE game for u20s. He played 20 mins v St Johnstone. He should be playing every weeks for the u20s to get his fitness up otherwise he shouldnt be on the bench.

He played 1 ONE game for u20s. He played 20 mins v St Johnstone. He should be playing every weeks for the u20s to get his fitness up otherwise he shouldnt be on the bench.
    Mcpake played against Motherwell and hearts under 20s

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Only typing what he said in a interview on the radio a few weeks ago, maybe Hibs should send McPake a writ about talking about his injury, he was very upfront about it in that interview, pretty sure he was also tweeting about his back problems too, so .net and and folk posting about McPake are not telling lies, are you speaking on behalf of Hibs FC Gogs regarding the threats of writs.
    I heard the interview as well. James was very open about it.

Coaching Staff
    So are all the other first team players that can't get a game playing every week for the under 20s?

He is evidently fit. The St Johnstone game showed he is perfectly ready to come on and play.

You wouldn't just be looking to find something to complain about here would you?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    So are all the other first team players that can't get a game playing every week for the under 20s?

He is evidently fit. The St Johnstone game showed he is perfectly ready to come on and play.

You wouldn't just be looking to find something to complain about here would you?
    I dont agree, i'm fitter than i have been in years but not fit to play football regularly. Players who are out for as long as McPake has been out can't possibly be match fit until they play matches.

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    I heard the interview as well. James was very open about it.
    You may have to be a defence witness for me, hope .net back me with a good lawyer as well.

Or is this the clubs new policy on communications with the fans, say anything wrong against anyone at the club on a MB and you will get sent a writ by the club( still waiting for Gogs to confirm that bit yet) maybe it is McPake who is threatening fans with a writ.