hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Hibs vs celtc preview

Now that the International break is over it is now back to business in the SPL on Saturday with the soapdodgers in town to play the first to wear the green, will they play a weakened team against us with thoughts on next Tuesday CL game, hope some of there players picked up injuries tonight that will rule them out for Saturday.

How are we looking on the injury front at EM, hope everyone is fit.

C'mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Our style of play should be more suited to playing a team like celtic, they will come at us and allow our defensive midfielders to play their natural game. If we defend well I can see us sneaking a result.

@hibs.net private member
    Brown is suspended for the Euro tie so he won't be rested unfortunately

Testimonial Due
    **** Celtc

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Hope we don't give them as many chances as we gave Partick, if we defend like that again it could turn very ugly. We saw last season that you can get a result off them by being totally full on in chasing them down and fighting for everything, luck is also important mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our style of play should be more suited to playing a team like celtic, they will come at us and allow our defensive midfielders to play their natural game. If we defend well I can see us sneaking a result.
    Pretty much how I see it. Hopefully midfield can support front man/men and make it hard for celtc. No reason why we can't get something out of this.

Last year`s win against Celtic was one of our best performances of last decade - not in terms of great , attacking football obviously but it was years since I`d seen any team work so hard for a win and though we rode our luck at times it was still deserved . This year`s different in that we probably have better midfield players except Claros who was fantastic that day and Celtic may be weaker . Deegan was tremendous in that game ( and that was after his incident in George Street ) and will be missed this weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    We have a style of play????
    Well spotted if true!

hope Broony disnae get away with half the stuff he did against us last time round. I thought he was trying like a bear, to noise up wee Claros in the final which worked, and Claros did not know how to handle it. they also ripped us up for ersepaper down their left hand side and our right back gave too much leeway to themand was turned outside in, a few times. we froze a bit, as usual in the final but here's hoping we have a bit more fight this time.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    hope Broony disnae get away with half the stuff he did against us last time round. I thought he was trying like a bear, to noise up wee Claros in the final which worked, and Claros did not know how to handle it. they also ripped us up for ersepaper down their left hand side and our right back gave too much leeway to themand was turned outside in, a few times. we froze a bit, as usual in the final but here's hoping we have a bit more fight this time.
    We are by no means brilliant but I think we have a better team (or certainly more players capable of getting a goal) than we did that day. We were reliant on Griffiths doing something and we were lucky if he was 50% fit.

You're right about Brown, we never went near him all day. Time for his mate Thomson to step up this Saturday and make sure that doesn't happen again.

Need to be a big performance to win but hopefully they have one eye on Ajax.

Williams

Stevenson-(because he wont get bullied like maybury did in the final last year)
    nelson-(he can't keep the ball on the ground but he's solid)
    Hanlon
    mcgivern

Robertson
    Thomson-(can deal with brown)
    OTJ
    Craig

Zoubir
    Heffernan or Collins

If we go out to attack from the off I think we will win! 2-0

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Quote Originally Posted by shetlandhibee View Post
    WilliamsStevenson-(because he wont get bullied like maybury did in the final last year)nelson-(he can't keep the ball on the ground but he's solid)HanlonmcgivernRobertsonThomson-(can deal with brown)OTJCraigZoubirHeffernan or Collins If we go out to attack from the off I think we will win! 2-0
    I think that 2-0 is a tad optimistic ( but I hope its true). NOt sure how Celtic will want to play this but if we can hold off to a 0-0 draw I'd be happy

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    I think that 2-0 is a tad optimistic ( but I hope its true). NOt sure how Celtic will want to play this but if we can hold off to a 0-0 draw I'd be happy
    Hold off to a 0-0 draw?? Haven't you read the Partick Thistle thread? It's either got to be a stylish win a la Brazil 1970 or a swashbuckling 4-5 defeat to keep everyone on here happy. Holding off to a 0-0 is not the Hibs way apparently

If we defend how we did versus partictk it Could be 4 or 5 nil. Just cant see anyway that defence will manage to keep a clean sheet when a simple ball over the top almost always results in a one on one.

On the other hand if we can defend well we probably have the players (craig,zoubir) to sneak a 1-0 or 1-1.

We will lose 3-1

Blog Entries
    a moral boosting scoring draw with some decent play (Like St Johnstone match) .... would take that right now

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    If we defend how we did versus partictk it Could be 4 or 5 nil. J
    Eh? If we defend like we did against Partick we will keep a clean sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Hold off to a 0-0 draw?? Haven't you read the Partick Thistle thread? It's either got to be a stylish win a la Brazil 1970 or a swashbuckling 4-5 defeat to keep everyone on here happy. Holding off to a 0-0 is not the Hibs way apparently
    Playing for a 0-0 against the best team in the country is a hell of a different from doing the same against Partick Thistle. I'd expect us to line up 451 and try and steal a goal.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Celtic have better strikers than Partick Thistle.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I never realized we defended against Partick Thistle. It looked more like they just weren't capable of scoring.

I have a feeling that Celtic won't have that problem...

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I will enter Easter Road on Saturday full of optimism as I do for every home game, I just worry about how I will be feeling when I leave. Straight to four in hand afterwards whatever happens

We'll get pumped. Despite a few decent results performances are generally rubbish and we have little imagination. Partick papered over the cracks.

If we don't get beaten heavily it may have more to do with Big Ben again than anything else.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    I never realized we defended against Partick Thistle. It looked more like they just weren't capable of scoring.

I have a feeling that Celtic won't have that problem...
    Well they weren't great, but if you set out to soak up pressure and hit on the break like we did against Partick (and against Celtc when we beat them last year) then you are always going to offer your opponents chances. The vast majority of Partick's were outside the box.

The idea that we didn't defend well against Partick and were just lucky is nonsense. Apart from a couple of individual mistakes we defended as a unit pretty well and on the few occasions they got through Williams was up to the task.

It will be more of the same on Saturday - so people better get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Playing for a 0-0 against the best team in the country is a hell of a different from doing the same against Partick Thistle. I'd expect us to line up 451 and try and steal a goal.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Collins is dropped for this game and Heffernan gets the 1 up front slot if we go 4-5-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I will enter Easter Road on Saturday full of optimism as I do for every home game, I just worry about how I will be feeling when I leave. Straight to four in hand afterwards whatever happens
    You can talk to the samaritans for the 5 minute walk to the FIH.

Quote Originally Posted by shetlandhibee View Post
    Williams

Stevenson-(because he wont get bullied like maybury did in the final last year)
    nelson-(he can't keep the ball on the ground but he's solid)
    Hanlon
    mcgivern

Robertson
    Thomson-(can deal with brown)
    OTJ
    Craig

Zoubir
    Heffernan or Collins

If we go out to attack from the off I think we will win! 2-0

Maybury, if fit, needs to play at right back - we need a right back at right back
    I'd play stevenson left back though, McGivern needs more game time but Stevenson doesn't deserve to be dropped especially at left back
    Thomson - agree.. big test for him on Saturday - but instead of dealing with Brown, let Brown deal with Thomson

I was also in the camp where I wasn't too sure Zoubir should be starting however, this Celtic team have shipped a few more goals than normal this season, we need to score, don't see what's wrong with playing him now from the start to try win the game then defend the lead rather than defend a draw then try to win it - from what I can tell from the Prtick game, most Hibs fans want us to play attacking football .. we attack then defend.. like it

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Well they weren't great, but if you set out to soak up pressure and hit on the break like we did against Partick (and against Celtc when we beat them last year) then you are always going to offer your opponents chances. The vast majority of Partick's were outside the box.

The idea that we didn't defend well against Partick and were just lucky is nonsense. Apart from a couple of individual mistakes we defended as a unit pretty well and on the few occasions they got through Williams was up to the task.

It will be more of the same on Saturday - so people better get used to it.
    Sorry. But i don't believe for a second that we "set up" to soak up the pressure and catch them on the break. Why would we? It's Partick Thistle, not a team that we would expect to be outplayed by.

Instead, I think we went out with no game plan at all (like we have done so far this season) and we got very very forunate.

We won't have that fortune against Celtic. So we either set out with a game plan, or we set out with no game plan at all and get stuffed.

If we play like we did against Partick and allow them as many chances as we gave Partick then we will get a humping. I think we will give them a good game though, i'm going for 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Sorry. But i don't believe for a second that we "set up" to soak up the pressure and catch them on the break. Why would we? It's Partick Thistle, not a team that we would expect to be outplayed by.

Instead, I think we went out with no game plan at all (like we have done so far this season) and we got very very forunate.

We won't have that fortune against Celtic. So we either set out with a game plan, or we set out with no game plan at all and get stuffed.
    It may not have worked but if to suggest the team were sent out with no game plan is utterly moronic.

I very much doubt this thread will make pleasant reading at the back of 2 on Saturday.