hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Coaching Staff

Griffiths on Fenlon

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...nlon-1-3137431

Leigh seems to have a bit of time for Pat.

He has interesting views on the Malmo game and the Partick result and performance that I'm sure most people will set about savaging him about. Obviously doesn't have a clue.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...nlon-1-3137431

Leigh seems to have a bit of time for Pat.

He has interesting views on the Malmo game and the Partick result and performance that I'm sure most people will set about savaging him about. Obviously doesn't have a clue.
    Yeah because he's going to slate him right enough. Kenny used to give interviews all the time and say the usual standard guff punters want to hear. It would be very unprofessional for a player to slate the club and with the rep Leigh has with us it will never happen. But hey ho, whatever you like to believe.

I reckon Andy has a special room at home with all the positive Fenlon press cuttings and about 2000 blurred long range pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Yeah because he's going to slate him right enough. Kenny used to give interviews all the time and say the usual standard guff punters want to hear. It would be very unprofessional for a player to slate the club and with the rep Leigh has with us it will never happen. But hey ho, whatever you like to believe.
    So if anybody says anything positive about or manager they are now liars? Griffiths was handled well by PF when he was having his troubles off field so I would reckon he does see him as a decent manager. I don't think Pat Fenlon is the man to take us forward but some of the stuff being said on here is getting silly now.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

“I’ve said it before that Pat has been massive for developing my career. He helped me settle down and got me concentrating on football again. People say Pat’s a negative manager, but I never found that. The way he set his team up last season didn’t exactly do me or Eoin Doyle any harm.”

Hardly your "usual standard guff."

I suppose Leigh Griffiths is lying when he says this, because no-one could actually think anything positive about our manager, never mind someone who's played under him in the past....

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    So if anybody says anything positive about or manager they are now liars? Griffiths was handled well by PF when he was having his troubles off field so I would reckon he does see him as a decent manager. I don't think Pat Fenlon is the man to take us forward but some of the stuff being said on here is getting silly now.
    I'm on about the Partick game. For the record Fenlon as i've said before has done many good things for Hibs behind the scenes which he prob doesn't get much praise for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    “I’ve said it before that Pat has been massive for developing my career. He helped me settle down and got me concentrating on football again. People say Pat’s a negative manager, but I never found that. The way he set his team up last season didn’t exactly do me or Eoin Doyle any harm.”

Hardly your "usual standard guff."

I suppose Leigh Griffiths is lying when he says this, because no-one could actually think anything positive about our manager, never mind someone who's played under him in the past....
    Read above post...

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I reckon Andy has a special room at home with all the positive Fenlon press cuttings and about 2000 blurred long range pics.

I'm on about the Partick game. For the record Fenlon as i've said before has done many good things for Hibs behind the scenes which he prob doesn't get much praise for.
    Fair enough, it wasn't clear though.

Leigh was a laddie with talent but with a major attitude problem, much like other players we have had in the past. We;ve all noticed it's a recurring theme when it comes to our players, particularly strikers. Riordan, Stokes, O'Connor, Griffiths. Pat managed to take Leigh under his wing and convinced him to knuckle down and not bugger it all up by being daft.

Griffiths went from being frustrated at the club and the fans to being a poster boy in the space of one season, scoring a boatload of goals and needing a bigger mantelpiece for all his awards.

If there's anybody whose qualified to speak about how our current manager managed to turn his career around it's Leigh Griffiths. Look what a difference that couple of seasons has made.

Blog Entries
    why are some so cynical - whether you love or loath Pat - why would what Griff says be considered untrue?...his career was going down the plug..Hibs (and obviously Pat) were instrumental in reviving it...whats not to like? We benefited from that in that it saved our season

Some pathetic responses on this thread

EDIT: and why did the interviewer not ask if he's signing In January?
    Last edited by SaulGoodman; 11-10-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    a bit like this you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76u8...yer_detailpage

The logic is somewhat unsound, article claims "people forget that Malmo were half-way through their season and Hibs had barely finished their pre-season." Typifies the uncritical tone of the Evening News toward Hibs and Hearts and sums up why I refuse to ever buy that paper.

A message for the Evening News is that we had NOT forgotten the difference in the seasons between the 2 teams but that has not stopped other Scottish clubs coming away with non-embarrassing results in previous years (and for that matter Hibs in the 1st leg, the reason why such a decent crowd turned up for the embarrassment).

Pathetic attempt by that paper to patronise Hibs fans by claiming that they lack memory, hope if Griffiths reads his comments he will regret way he has come across.

Fenlon stay or go debate been done many times but don't think this insulting article has done him any favours.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker II View Post
    The logic is somewhat unsound, article claims "people forget that Malmo were half-way through their season and Hibs had barely finished their pre-season." Typifies the uncritical tone of the Evening News toward Hibs and Hearts and sums up why I refuse to ever buy that paper.

A message for the Evening News is that we had NOT forgotten the difference in the seasons between the 2 teams but that has not stopped other Scottish clubs coming away with non-embarrassing results in previous years (and for that matter Hibs in the 1st leg, the reason why such a decent crowd turned up for the embarrassment).

Pathetic attempt by that paper to patronise Hibs fans by claiming that they lack memory, hope if Griffiths reads his comments he will regret way he has come across.

Fenlon stay or go debate been done many times but don't think this insulting article has done him any favours.

It's a player giving an opinion on a game of football.

I'm sure he's mentioned before how grateful he is to Fenlon for the way he rescued his career. You can't argue with the evidence, especially the difference between Leigh in his 2nd season at ER compared to his 1st.

Fenlon surely deserves credit for the things he does right, as much as he deserves criticism for the things he does wrong (sorry Andy ).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker II View Post

The quote above is NOT by the Evening News but is by Leigh Griffiths-so if anyone is being patronising (in your opinion)it's him which really(in my opinion)makes your post a load of complete tosh.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    So much overall fail in this thread.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Does anyone really think Fenlon is either 100% wrong or 100% right about things?

Like anyone else he will get things right and he will make mistakes. Leigh Griffiths is a great example of something Fenlon got right and he deserves any praise that comes his way in that respect.

I'm one of Pat's biggest critics on this board but i would never deny he has done plenty good things for Hibs and his players and Leigh is a true Hibs success story that we should all be proud off, and grateful to Pat for helping develop him.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Kenny?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Griffiths blossomed under Fenlon, Fenlon also seemed to tame him a little regarding his temper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Kenny?
    Miller.

Someone has obviously had a go at Leighton on twitter and he has replied with same stuff as paper so we can't be doubting what the paper has said... Its clear that's how he feels

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Miller.
    Right, right. Might have figured that out if it had been relevant. Could've been Dalglish, Sheils or perish the thought, Black.

You've got some good things to say mate and some utter guff just like all of us but that is just arrogance beyond belief. Really rather than arguing specific points or getting yourself all hot under the collar regarding anyone's opinion re Fenlon which just happens to differ from yours a stand cut-and-paste "Fenlon Out" post might be better in future.

Testimonial Due
    Fenlon's undoubtedly excellent at man management, squad morale has never been an issue since he's been here. It's tactically where his shortcomings lie.

Luckily for us last season, Sparky is good enough that you just have to put him on the pitch for him to deliver, no tactical input required.

First Team Breakthrough
    Pat is a good scout. His football tactics are awful

Nacho Novo gave Super Ally a bit of a doing.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Pat is a good scout. His football tactics are awful
    P7 W4 D2 L1 as of late suggests otherwise.

The football recently, apart from St Mirren, has been dull as dishwater. That's where the issue lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    P7 W4 D2 L1 as of late suggests otherwise.

The football recently, apart from St Mirren, has been dull as dishwater. That's where the issue lies.
    agree it has been pretty dire!! however, lets continue to win ugly until we learn to win well. there's been glimpses of how well we can play but that's been about 90 minutes all season.

good point earlier about PJ's man managment and the team morale,e even just from twitter you can see the lads having a good bit of banter, maybe its time the team stood up to the challenge as well though? how was many times have we heard they've 'not been good enough' for parts of the game? or that PF has had to give them a going over at HT..