hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Cummings

Jason Cummings

Anyone who watched the under 20s able to shed some light on him? Seems to be scoring a lot at that level and seems to have moved ahead of Caldwell who wasn't in the team for first team and under 20s this week?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've seen him in a couple of games. Seems small (ish) but has a good touch, work rate and is quite tricky. All left foot from what I can remember.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen him in a couple of games. Seems small (ish) but has a good touch, work rate and is quite tricky. All left foot from what I can remember.
    Sounds like a young Pedantic. Except I'm 6'4, have zero work rate, have lost all my tricks and am two-footed. Actually we're nothing like each other. Barry!
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Sounds like a young Pedantic. Except I'm 6'4, have zero work rate, have lost all my tricks and am two-footed. Actually we're nothing like each other. Barry!
    Can't kick with either foot?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Can't kick with either foot?
    How very dare you. I wasn't the "Leith Laudrup" for nothing :fenlon:
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

My team mate played against him last year when he was at hutchie, and he said Jason will become a first team player, he's that good.

Was scoring more than 2 goals a game at hutchie aswell I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post
    My team mate played against him last year when he was at hutchie, and he said Jason will become a first team player, he's that good.

Maybe we should sell East Mains and pitch up at Fords Road.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post

I've seen him in most of the SPFL under 20's home games, and I like what I see. Great touch and finisher, and a work rate to match. Definitely for a chance of making it at 1st team level

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Played against him last season and he was fast tricky with a great first touch, finishing wasn't great but suppose he'll be working on that at the HTC with help of the first team players and good coaches. Scored hundreds of goals in the 2nd division but was still a class above when playing against teams from the 1st division.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I've seen him in most of the SPFL under 20's home games, and I like what I see. Great touch and finisher, and a work rate to match. Definitely for a chance of making it at 1st team level
    From what you've seen do you think he is better than Caldwell?

Hope he gets a chance soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    It's hard to say, not really the same sort of player. I like Caldwell, he just needs to knuckle down and work hard

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    To be honest I don't think Caldwell looks that good. Thought that from day 1 that he didn't look like he had it, but giving him the benefit of the doubt as he is still very young. Not that convinced with Handling either but same with Ross need more of a chance as still young.

Harris I think looks a player, the other 2 I will hope to be convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    To be honest I don't think Caldwell looks that good. Thought that from day 1 that he didn't look like he had it, but giving him the benefit of the doubt as he is still very young. Not that convinced with Handling either but same with Ross need more of a chance as still young.

Harris I think looks a player, the other 2 I will hope to be convinced.
    You don't rate Handling? Find that staggering!
    Talented player who will definitely make it at Hibs

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Maybe we should sell East Mains and pitch up at Fords Road.
    To be honest, back in the day it was almost considered a Hibs academy - Hibs, Dundee and Hearts were the three clubs most of my Hutchie teammates went to to train - mostly Hibs.

Still recall those cold November nights having to take turns going into the river to get the balls - clearly it was my shooting skills that made them end up there

I'm not so sure. Hope I'm proven wrong of course, but I don't think handling or Caldwell will make it with us.

Putting my neck on the line here, I don't think Caldwell or Handling will make it. Higher hopes for Handling but if have a feeling it's all going to go horribly Kurtis Byrne for they two.

Coaching Staff
    Putting my neck on the line here, I don't think Caldwell or Handling will make it. Higher hopes for Handling but if have a feeling it's all going to go horribly Kurtis Byrne for they two.
    I think both will make it PH but maybe not at the pace they want it to happen. I'm concerned for Handling as I think he is a cracking player being asked to play a position in a pro team he isn't used to. As a striker he is top notch, but for me, never a midfielder or wide player.

Ross is a bit like Kris Boyd - same level of impact when Boyd was that age. He will look a bit disjointed at times, a bit 'disinterested' on occasion, but he does have a high work rate and he'll be a striker that has a stinker for 85 minutes but then be in the right place at the right time to score a cracker or an important goal.

Ross has to watch his social media use though - this week and pre-derby he didn't do himself favours (although for me he should have played in the derby due to the record he has, the fact he scored the winner there months before, and psycholigically it would have been on Hearts defenders minds).

I don't see what's so staggering about it to be honest, what's he actually done so far that would have me thinking any different compared to say Harris?

Don't get me wrong I'm not writing him off just not seen enough to convince me, same with Ross and tend to agree with Pedantics comments

Personally think Danny definitely will. Is very good on the ball beating players or linking up play/playing intelligent passes. Just before his injury he was one of our best players. Hopefully he bulks up a wee bit tho. Also want him to be given a chance up top

Where about is he going to get in to the team? And ahead of who?

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I don't see what's so staggering about it to be honest, what's he actually done so far that would have me thinking any different compared to say Harris?

Don't get me wrong I'm not writing him off just not seen enough to convince me, same with Ross and tend to agree with Pedantics comments
    He's 19 years if age with around 20 appearances for Hibs, mostly from the bench or out of position. I think Handling is and will be quality for Hibs. Not the quickest, but good control and a great football brain. In the last game he played for us at ER before he was injured, I thought he was the only footballer in our team

He's 19 years if age with around 20 appearances for Hibs, mostly from the bench or out of position. I think Handling is and will be quality for Hibs. Not the quickest, but good control and a great football brain. In the last game he played for us at ER before he was injured, I thought he was the only footballer in our team
    I think that's part of the problem me may have is lack of pace, modern game now is general about players that are quick, Forrest, mac-Stevens etc

Like both Handling and Caldwell, however I wouldn't say they're dead certs to make at ER. when you compare them to the start Harris has made to first team football, I wouldn't say they are of the same quality, at the moment! Not to say that they won't I very much hope they do! Just to add, think Caldwell would be a crackin' poacher!

In the cut and thrust of professional football I suppose these young laddies will have seen colleagues dissappear on a regular basis but I hope none of them are reading this.

It seems a bit early in these kids development to be subjected to the ferocity of a dotnet inquisition!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    I remember Fletcher was playing out on the wing/midfield when he broke through. Perhaps it's a tried and tested method of blooding young strikers.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    I don't think Handling will make it.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Is Jason not listed as a member of the first team on the official website?

With the training centre / academy our young players are perhaps more heavily scrutinised than before.
    I don't know if that's a good thing or not time will tell.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    I remember Fletcher was playing out on the wing/midfield when he broke through. Perhaps it's a tried and tested method of blooding young strikers.
    Arsen Wenger like to play his strikers out wide for a while, says they gain a lot more experience than just being an out and out striker, the modern game means that as a forward, you need to be able to slot in to any forward position when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    ....... but I hope none of them are reading this.....

It seems a bit early in these kids development to be subjected to the ferocity of a dotnet inquisition!
    Exactly, unbelievable how much importance people put on making sure their negative opinions are put about. Especially on the subject of youngsters breaking through, who should be given every encouragement.