hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

supportes buses from last night.

I would like to thank and congratulate all those who put their names down , yet failed to turn up for our bus to Partick Thistle( Milton Mowbray HSC). not only did we suffer a financial loss because of this............you also denied fellow Hibees the chance of joining our bus, because we did have lots of enquiries up until the last minute. I spoke to another convener, who had the same situation. thanks to all

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough tigerted's Avatar
    Best idea would be to name and shame them. After that, don't let them on future buses!

working on that

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Yeah we had same issue last night working on ways to make sure it doesn't happen again but extremely difficult sometimes.

I'd also like to thank and congratulate Lothian buses for telling me there was no problems with the 44 night bus yet I waited 2 hours on princes street before eventually deciding to walk to London road at which point I grabbed a 26 just to take me closer to wallyford before eventually walking another 20 minutes home. Sare one after the train home

Thats a sair yin, I thought the N44 only ran in the early hours of Sat and Sun.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Cash in advance, through internet banking or no seat?

J

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to thank and congratulate all those who put their names down , yet failed to turn up for our bus to Partick Thistle( Milton Mowbray HSC). not only did we suffer a financial loss because of this............you also denied fellow Hibees the chance of joining our bus, because we did have lots of enquiries up until the last minute. I spoke to another convener, who had the same situation. thanks to all
    You do know that some people may well have legitimate excuses for not showing? I really hope no-one had a family emergency to attend to and then find themselves being slagged off on a public forum afterwards.

Clearly that wouldn't have been the case for all - I don't know how many you are talking about - but try to see past the red mist before slagging all those those who didn't show.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    East Lothian Hibs have suffered from the same in the past.

No perfect solution I'm afraid.

Occasionally some have paid retrospectively and apologised for the no show.

You could ask those concerned for their fare but I suppose the downside is you don't want to alienate them for future buses where you might be grateful for their fare.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    East Lothian Hibs have suffered from the same in the past.
    No perfect solution I'm afraid.

Occasionally some have paid retrospectively and apologised for the no show.

You could ask those concerned for their fare but I suppose the downside is you don't want to alienate them for future buses where you might be grateful for their fare.
    Seems to have stopped since we started naming and shaming them on our Facebook page though!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    You do know that some people may well have legitimate excuses for not showing? I really hope no-one had a family emergency to attend to and then find themselves being slagged off on a public forum afterwards.

Clearly that wouldn't have been the case for all - I don't know how many you are talking about - but try to see past the red mist before slagging all those those who didn't show.
    Those people had 15 hours plus to even just send a text before the OP to cancel or apologise.

That's just being selfish and ignorant not getting in touch. Only one reason I can think of that's reasonable.

These guys that arrange coaches expend a helluva lot of time and effort, often without thanks, so that others have an easy ride.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Those people had 15 hours plus to even just send a text before the OP to cancel or apologise.

That's just being selfish and ignorant not getting in touch. Only one reason I can think of that's reasonable.

These guys that arrange coaches expend a helluva lot of time and effort, often without thanks, so that others have an easy ride.
    I absoluey agree Jack and didn't say anything to the contrary. All I pointed out was that some (maybe even only 1) folk may have had a short notice emergency and the last thing on their mind would have been cancelling a space on a bus. The OP was talking about ALL no shows and potentially naming and shaming them.

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    Appreciate the hassle involved in this and have every sympathy for you guys however, I'm sure the branch have made extra money on other journey's when their bus has been full. This additional money hopefully covers any short-fall last night.

As Dave says, some people may have had a good excuse, but some maybe couldn't be arsed going. Don't generalise
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!

@hibs.net private member
    Hope you all tolerate a one strike and you're out policy. No room for no shows on buses. Talking from some bad experiences and having to pay the driver out my own pocket numerous times to cover the expense.

People need to wisen up.

thats where mobile phones come in handy. Most folk have them and know how to use one (or pass info on), i think anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

spot on dude

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    Has the Branch got a bank account amigo. Jamie of the Bounce/ St. Patrick's Branch fame after similar **** now makes sure that dough is sent to a bank account/paypal. No pay, no go. 50 of us up to Inverness all paid for ahead of the day. It's the only way in my opinion as even a few no shows can result in financial loss. When folk part with dough up front it concentrates the mind.

GGTTH

BIG G

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    thats where mobile phones come in handy. Most folk have them and know how to use one (or pass info on), i think anyway!
    Very good

awrite, what would you say then, to someone who booked seats a week in advance and was asked to confirm by phone. then to find they have confirmed, a half hour before I was leaving for the game. that person had told me by PM that one of them was disabled in someway. I then decided that we cant leave without them, so gave them some extra time to meet the bus. the bus waited for them, but eventually we had to go! . still waiting on a phone call btw. so don't try and lambast me, about not knowing the situation of others etc. I had a bus full of folk wondering why the bus was stationary.

awrite, what would you say then, to someone who booked seats a week in advance and was asked to confirm by phone. then to find they have confirmed, a half hour before I was leaving for the game. that person had told me by PM that one of them was disabled in someway. I then decided that we cant leave without them, so gave them some extra time to meet the bus. the bus waited for them, but eventually we had to go! . still waiting on a phone call btw. so don't try and lambast me, about not knowing the situation of others etc. I had a bus full of folk wondering why the bus was stationary.
    Wow, calm down there Mr Harp. Exactly where did I lambast you in my post? I've already agreed with Jack's comments that bus convenor's do a thankless job, yet you have still dived in with both feet.

All I was trying to do was point out that someone may have a genuine reason for dropping out. A child ill, an accident or a bereavement. You were alluding to naming and shaming people and I disagreed with that. Now, you have given an example and I can understand your frustration but not everyone will have bumped you just for the hell of it, yet you were willing to cast everyone in the same mould.

Do try reading posts before replying in future.....

Testimonial Due
    Wow, calm down there Mr Harp. Exactly where did I lambast you in my post? I've already agreed with Jack's comments that bus convenor's do a thankless job, yet you have still dived in with both feet.

All I was trying to do was point out that someone may have a genuine reason for dropping out. A child ill, an accident or a bereavement. You were alluding to naming and shaming people and I disagreed with that. Now, you have given an example and I can understand your frustration but not everyone will have bumped you just for the hell of it, yet you were willing to cast everyone in the same mould.

Do try reading posts before replying in future.....
    Meanwhile in the real world Dave................

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm just home from work, and have received a pm from you indicating that you think you offered me seats on your bus.

Firstly I do not have your telephone number and so all correspondence was done through the pm on here.

Here is a list of our conversations.

Ronaldo7
    Hi mate, Does the bus go back to the ship after the match? Posted on 5/10/13 at 10.10pm

Monktonharp
    yep. are you on it? or looking for seats? Posted on 5/10/13 at 10.42

Ronaldo7
    My daughter is disabled (ambulant), and has difficulty walking long distances, she can walk from Tamsons up to ER though. I normally take the car to away games but can't be bothered with this one so was looking for a bus close to home. Posted on 6/10/13 at 07.26

Monktonharp
    we have seats available, just let me know the numbers.leaving ship at 5, heading through edin. returns to ship eventually. £10 adult 16 and under £7 Posted 6/10/13 at 11.05am

Ronaldo7
    Cheers mate. I will be speaking to Nicola at the ticket office in the morning so should give you a definite answer late morning/early afternoon. Posted 6/10/13 at 8.12pm

Monktonharp
    ok, thats fine. we are running a bus, don't care what the Hibernian office says, we' ll be there. let me know if you are going and if you want to travel with us. ggtth

DAY OF THE MATCH
    Ronaldo7
    2 seats from the ship please. Posted 45 Minutes before the bus leaves the Ship. 16.15

I then went onto the travel thread to see that you had posted the bus was full at 16.23, so I posted on that thread to ask if I had seats on the bus as you had not responded to me. NO REPLY

I then got in this evening to find a pm in my inbox.
    Monktonharp
    we held the bus, until 5:10pm, but you never showed. I had refused others, who wanted seats. you, along with 5 others failed to turn up which meant we had 23 people on a thirty seat bus. the branch thereby incurred a loss. thank you.

My response
    I sent you a pm at 16.15 asking for two seats on the bus with no reply from you only to find you had posted on the travel thread that the bus was full. I then posted on the travel thread if the two seats were for me as you had previous conversations with others wanting seats. We sat in our house waiting for a response from you as to whether these seats were available. As I don't have a telephone number for you, how was I supposed to contact you??

Raging doesn't come close. Reputations are hard earned and easily tarnished. If I say I will do something then I will do it.

If any of the admins want to verify the times/dates quoted please feel free.

Left by mutual consent!
    Disgusting.

I can understand you being hacked off, but, a pm should remain just that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I pm'd him tonight whilst he was online and am still waiting for a reply.

Personally, I think ronaldo7 is very much entitled to a right of reply.

Personally, I think ronaldo7 is very much entitled to a right of reply.
    I just don't think a pm should be getting re-produced on the main board. Obviously deserves a reply (via pm) that I'd like to read though! ;-)

Left by mutual consent!
    I just don't think a pm should be getting re-produced on the main board. Obviously deserves a reply (via pm) that I'd like to read though! ;-)
    He opened the door.

That was equally out of order, anyway its really nowt to do with me, so, you guys bash on.

Left by mutual consent!
    As folks say - name and shame. In future, folks'll know it's less embarrassing to make the short notice call off than to be shown up on .net