hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Partick Thistle 'Ultras'

was wondering if anyone else noticed the group of boys ranging from im guessing about 10-14 years old or somewhere along those lines at the top left corner of the stand opposite us. so there was about 20 or so of them with a drum and such, and after a bit they moved down the front - a steward went to speak to them and after a bit they moved back up. after changing seats and wondering up and down the stairs for about 20 mins a group of no less than 15 stewards and police were trying to pin them in a corner and run around the stands after them! apart from craigs goal it was the most entertaining part of the game haha thought it was quite hilarious.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hail1875hail View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    was wondering if anyone else noticed the group of boys ranging from im guessing about 10-14 years old or somewhere along those lines at the top left corner of the stand opposite us. so there was about 20 or so of them with a drum and such, and after a bit they moved down the front - a steward went to speak to them and after a bit they moved back up. after changing seats and wondering up and down the stairs for about 20 mins a group of no less than 15 stewards and police were trying to pin them in a corner and run around the stands after them! apart from craigs goal it was the most entertaining part of the game haha thought it was quite hilarious.
    It was them that had the drum? Hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    It was them that had the drum? Hahahahahaha
    aye im pretty sure there was a boy with a drum up the back and another couple had flags ahaha

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs fans put them to shame. Terrific support!

Was considerably more entertaining than what was happening on the park most of the night.

in fairness the partick fans behind the goals were pretty noisy until we scored

That not what's wrong with football now? Bunch of young laddies trying to enjoy themselves only to be penned back and chased by the police?

Not causing trouble to anyone I'd imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by MehRetro View Post
    That not what's wrong with football now? Bunch of young laddies trying to enjoy themselves only to be penned back and chased by the police?

Not causing trouble to anyone I'd imagine?
    That's the way it looked, with great swarm of stewards making prime ***** of themselves chasing them around.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't see what harm they were doing, supporting their team and having a laugh, stewards looked stupid chasing them round.

Particks support sounded good and you could hear them singing on the tv loud and clear with 5 mins to go. Decent amount of people standing behind the goal aswell, more than you get at ER.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeedonald View Post
    Particks support sounded good and you could hear them singing on the tv loud and clear with 5 mins to go. Decent amount of people standing behind the goal aswell, more than you get at ER.
    Sure that wasn't our supports new song? Not a peep from Thistle after our goal.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Defo the Malmo song with 5 mins left

First Team Breakthrough
    Thistle have always had a good vocal, if small, support.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Hibs fans were definitely making the better noise in the second half, the malmo song was a particular favourite it seemed. Saw what I expect were these young ultras after the game, they were singing about hating the police and such like. Didnt look the most dangerous bunch tbh.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    saw some of the same laddies pushing trollies into the canal as I was walking to the game haha

@hibs.net private member
    Delighted that none of these young lads are Rantic fans. So fair play to them, can't be easy being a kid in Glasgow that supports thistle.

I wandered through a few young boys with the Stone Island gear on on the way to Munns Vaults after the game. The main thing that struck me was that i was watching The Banana Splits and Battle of the Planets when I was their age!

First Team Breakthrough Number69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Delighted that none of these young lads are Rantic fans. So fair play to them, can't be easy being a kid in Glasgow that supports thistle.
    It would be like a kid anywhere else in Scotland supporting Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeedonald View Post
    That'll be because there's no standing behind the gOals allowed at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    That'll be because there's no standing behind the gOals allowed at ER.
    I meant in the ground as a whole obviously. Use your head.

I thought their banner was about us occupying the Main stand but I gather it is because the Thistle board have allocated the end stand to the Tims when they play at Firhill. Something which is endemic to all teams in the league apart from us and Hertz, unfortunately, although I am sure the Tache would like to give big away supports more room in the East and West stands.

The carnival de Paris is a brilliant chant. The two drums then clapping before going absolutely mental!

Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post
    The carnival de Paris is a brilliant chant. The two drums then clapping before going absolutely mental!
    Highlight of the game for me (apart from the goal obviously)

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by hail1875hail View Post
    was wondering if anyone else noticed the group of boys ranging from im guessing about 10-14 years old or somewhere along those lines at the top left corner of the stand opposite us. so there was about 20 or so of them with a drum and such, and after a bit they moved down the front - a steward went to speak to them and after a bit they moved back up. after changing seats and wandering up and down the stairs for about 20 mins a group of no less than 15 stewards and police were trying to pin them in a corner and run around the stands after them! apart from craigs goal it was the most entertaining part of the game haha thought it was quite hilarious.
    Were these the same boys running around the turnstiles after the game singing sectarian songs?

Quote Originally Posted by SmallvilleHibee View Post
    Were these the same boys running around the turnstiles after the game singing sectarian songs?
    not sure about that mate but if true it does clear things up a bit i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    I thought their banner was about us occupying the Main stand but I gather it is because the Thistle board have allocated the end stand to the Tims when they play at Firhill. Something which is endemic to all teams in the league apart from us and Hertz, unfortunately, although I am sure the Tache would like to give big away supports more room in the East and West stands.
    No, the Tashe wants to fill them with Hibbies.
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by SmallvilleHibee View Post

Right there is the drawback of letting U16s in free, especially in Glasgow.

You run the risk of a lot of mini-Huns/Tics turning up for a bit of mischief.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Right there is the drawback of letting U16s in free, especially in Glasgow.

You run the risk of a lot of mini-Huns/Tics turning up for a bit of mischief.
    Persist and educate.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Persist and educate.

Sounds like a nice idea but you're fighting against a culture supported by both family and peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    I think the Tache went on record saying that would never happen