hibs.net Messageboard

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 1,081 to 1,107 of 1107
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mad, isn't it, and considering the 9 points from 12 and 1 loss in 8 games it's a bit more perpelxing just how much reaction there is to a win.

I do get the points made to some extent but we are hardly alone in having those type of performances away from home.

Two weeks of this to go as well, magic. I'm sure losing to Celtic will be the next sign that we are doomed.
    I fully expect a loss to Celtic no matter how we set up. So I don't think it's fair to hammer Pat for a defeat against the best team in Scotland.

So since you never gave me a "debate" on my previous post I'm assuming you agree with my points I made? Maybe now that I explained it and how I'm not moaning about a win but actually the style and how it would benefit all seeing a team that can win grinding results "now and then" not weekly. The fans would come back as even you can't deny the drop and Petrie would be happy... fans = money after all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Mad, isn't it, and considering the 9 points from 12 and 1 loss in 8 games it's a bit more perpelxing just how much reaction there is to a win.

I do get the points made to some extent but we are hardly alone in having those type of performances away from home.

Two weeks of this to go as well, magic. I'm sure losing to Celtic will be the next sign that we are doomed.
    The performance would have been fine if it was just a one off or against a difficult away team. We have played like this in all out games apart from 3. St Mirren home, St Johnstone and Killie away. The rest of the time its been garbage.

I think most folk are expecting a loss but the manner of any defeat matters. If we take another spanking without a shot on target or really stringing two passes together, you're right, some won't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I fully expect a loss to Celtic no matter how we set up. So I don't think it's fair to hammer Pat for a defeat against the best team in Scotland. So since you never gave me a "debate" on my previous post I'm assuming you agree with my points I made? Maybe now that I explained it and how I'm not moaning about a win but actually the style and how it would benefit all seeing a team that can win grinding results "now and then" not weekly. The fans would come back as even you can't deny the drop and Petrie would be happy... fans = money after all.

Tbh i remember during the Latapty/Sauzee era we played bad but won but we still didn't play as bad as we are at the moment.

It's not about winning or losing I think it's the manner in which we are winning or losing that folk are really miffed about.

Going thro a game hoping the back4 or keeper play blinders or don't make a mistake and hoping that if (and that's if) we get a chance we take it, just like Monday nite is becoming the norm.

That's not how we should be playing IMHO. We should be taking the game to the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Tbh i remember during the Latapty/Sauzee era we played bad but won but we still didn't play as bad as we are at the moment.

It's not about winning or losing I think it's the manner in which we are winning or losing that folk are really miffed about.

Going thro a game hoping the back4 or keeper play blinders or don't make a mistake and hoping that if (and that's if) we get a chance we take it, just like Monday nite is becoming the norm.

That's not how we should be playing IMHO. We should be taking the game to the opposition.
    There defo was games back then when we didn't play well. But we did play with width with that side and you knew it wasn't a weekly thing. Sadly it is now. Defo should be going out and expressing ourselves that is what football is.

There defo was games back then when we didn't play well. But we did play with width with that side and you knew it wasn't a weekly thing. Sadly it is now. Defo should be going out and expressing ourselves that is what football is.
    Yip

The days of 3-5-2. Now there was a team. I will say outstanding and a real shame we played at the same time as an outstanding Smellic team.

Played bad yet win (but really didn't okay bad bad, if you get ma drift )

O for a team of that quality right now.

You are correct. The difference back then was we accepted bad performances because they were a blip and not the norm, we still attempted to do the right things. We now have a situation when a couple of good performances are the blip and the bad performances are the norm. People will accept that teams can't be great all the time if they at least try to win matches.

Yip

The days of 3-5-2. Now there was a team. I will say outstanding and a real shame we played at the same time as an outstanding Smellic team.

Played bad yet win (but really didn't okay bad bad, if you get ma drift )

O for a team of that quality right now.
    To watch that team again would be something else. I mind I was sat in the old boxes in the main stand with Zetelli. He had just signed and we played a high flying Dundee side that day. (Yes high flying) :)

We went a goal down but hammered them 5-2 or something with Agathe scoring one of my personal best goals at ER. Took on just about everyone while they were trying to boot him and scored. No idea what Zetelli was saying as I'm not French but him and his agent couldn't believe how good we were that day.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 09-10-2013 at 08:27 PM.

To watch that team again would be something else. I mind I was sat in the old boxes in the main stand with Zetelli. He had just signed and we played a high flying Dundee side that day. (Yes high flying) :) We went a goal down but hammered them 5-2 or something with Agath scoring one of my personal best goals at ER. Took on just about everyone while they were trying to boot him and scored. No idea what Zetelli was saying as I'm not French but him and his agent couldn't believe how good we were that day.
    Was at that game with wee bro. Had to sit in South upper as rest of ground sold old. Agathe was immense that day.

Cabrelllo etc for Dundee. Different class in those days mate

Was at that game with wee bro. Had to sit in South upper as rest of ground sold old. Agathe was immense that day.

That's right, Dundee had a cracking game and they filled their away bit with Hibs fans right next to them. It was packed! Just shows when you do have a team that plays entertaining football and winning crowds will come back. Granted we don't have those players but it's not hard to move a ball forward and get the players moving into space. Stuff you will prob have learned at school mate to be honest or boys club.

That's right, Dundee had a cracking game and they filled their away bit with Hibs fans right next to them. It was packed! Just shows when you do have a team that plays entertaining football and winning crowds will come back. Granted we don't have those players but it's not hard to move a ball forward and get the players moving into space. Stuff you will prob have learned at school mate to be honest or boys club.
    Yip. Attacked minded free flowing football with players who cared (or who played like they did anyway).

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Can I be really dramatic and over the top and suggest that absolutely everything hinges on the result on the 30th October?

Was the West demolished then as well hence the attendance of 12075?

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    Can I be really dramatic and over the top and suggest that absolutely everything hinges on the result on the 30th October?
    If fenlon sets the team up to put in the same gutless performance that we did at the PBS and the results the same I never want to see him anywhere near Easter Road again

Quote Originally Posted by kentao View Post
    If fenlon sets the team up to put in the same gutless performance that we did at the PBS and the results the same I never want to see him anywhere near Easter Road again
    Tactics don't define the guts shown or the performance shown. It's up to the players to show some guts and perform.

There is an old football adage which was around long before Championship Manager, pundits dissecting games to show things that are in their imagination or even tactics themselves - "Once the players are over the white line there is nothing the manager can do".

I doubt very much any manager has ever set a team up to be gutless or prepared them not perform.

Some posts on here are getting very silly and convoluted in their attempts to drag the manager down.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    Fenlon is still in the bad books with me about the last performence against them so if we lose at the end of the month I will consider that to be yet another sackable offence he has commited.

I see the performance on Monday as worrying more than anything else. Yes we got the 3 points and thats great however for a team that has lost 1 in 7 we don't perform like one and just like last season when we were going through a similar string of results it caught up with us and with the run of fixtures that we coming up that will probably come sooner rather than later. All this talk about hard fought victory etc is just pish. We were dire on Monday leaking chances to Partick time after time and could hardly string 2 passes together and if we play like that against Celtic we could be in for a 3 or 4 nil hammering.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Fenlon is still in the bad books with me about the last performence against them so if we lose at the end of the month I will consider that to be yet another sackable offence he has commited.

I see the performance on Monday as worrying more than anything else. Yes we got the 3 points and thats great however for a team that has lost 1 in 7 we don't perform like one and just like last season when we were going through a similar string of results it caught up with us and with the run of fixtures that we coming up that will probably come sooner rather than later. All this talk about hard fought victory etc is just pish. We were dire on Monday leaking chances to Partick time after time and could hardly string 2 passes together and if we play like that against Celtic we could be in for a 3 or 4 nil hammering.
    Bloody hell.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Bloody hell.
    care to expand on that? I just re-read what I posted and it reflects how I feel about our performance earlier this week quite well.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    care to expand on that?
    If that's you after a win I'd hate to see you after we've lost.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    If that's you after a win I'd hate to see you after we've lost.
    to be honest I'm usually pretty upbeat about most things to do with Hibs but I don't see much to be upbeat about the way we play at the moment.

Can we not just adopt the 'big team' mentality and call ourselves brave warriors or something? Being angry at 1-0 victories is a very 'wee team' thing to do is not?

I am trying desperately to understand what his thread is about and I just cant figure it out.

I was pretty much fuming at times during the game, but there's nothing new there. Overall I thought the manager was canny. His substitutes worked and both were involved in our goal. Yes if Partick had taken their chances they would have won the game. We were not an attractive team to watch in the first half but gradually got better as the game went on. I thought going by performance that Hefferman should have been substituted and not Collins and yet Heffernan nearly knicked a goal after Collins went off, so what do I know. Our goalie is allowed to have a good game and he was more responsible for our win than the rest of the team although they all contributed. He was rightly the man of the match. However, Martin slipped allowing their forward through that's not bad team play that's bad luck. Okay they should have scored with the header in the firs half, but they didn't even get it on target. Their cross to the back post in the second half was a good in but it's easy to drop it in there when our right back is small, most crosses will go over his head. Who is to say that if Partick had scored it wouldn't have fired us in to life and made us score two? Not pretty I agree but we played like a big team having another off night. They say football is a lot about confidence and maybe winning three games away from home will start to give them just that. Our team is also unsettled McGivern coming back Zoubir being introduced and Stevenson being played out of position. I don't think I'll ever be entirely satisfied with our standard of play under current management, but who knows? Most of you by the sounds of it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    FFS this thread still going........at the end of the day we got 3 points, if we played like that every game and won 1 -0 we would be the league champions, would anyone moan then?

if we play that bad and are not picking up points then fine, have a moan. if were getting the points then great who cares in which mannor? being a hibby has been ***** the last 4-5 year just be happy were getting points and sitting ok for the moment. its as if most folk are moaning about something so if/when things go tits up they can be all smug and say 'told you so'

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    My dad sais hibs have been shight since the 70's

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    FFS this thread still going........at the end of the day we got 3 points, if we played like that every game and won 1 -0 we would be the league champions, would anyone moan then?

if we play that bad and are not picking up points then fine, have a moan. if were getting the points then great who cares in which mannor? being a hibby has been ***** the last 4-5 year just be happy were getting points and sitting ok for the moment. its as if most folk are moaning about something so if/when things go tits up they can be all smug and say 'told you so'
    3 points goes a long way

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar