hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Relationship between Pat & the fans

There doesn't seem to be one at the moment. No real point to make just an observation.

This comes across is his interviews I've pretty much stopped listening to which is a first

I also have no idea where I stand on Pat. Brought back down to earth today a touch anyway
    Last edited by Bobby's Cinema; 28-09-2013 at 06:02 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

There is zero relationship between Pat and the fans. I think the derby defeat killed the last of it, the reaction from the stands to him after the game was, for lack of a better word, nasty.

I would love to think it will work out for him as i think he has done a lot of good work behind the scenes, unfortunately as a fan what i really want to see is a good team on the park and as it is we are decidedly mediocre. Not good, not terrible just dull.

I actually find myself starting to quite dislike Fenlon and that is crazy because he seems like a genuinely decent guy who has given his best but i'm just bored of being bored by Hibs (if that makes sense).
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There doesn't seem to be one at the moment. No real point to make just an observation.

This comes across is his interviews I've pretty much stop listening to which is a first

I also have no idea where I stand on Pat. Brought back down to earth today a touch anyway
    we are just waiting for his contract to run out,then wave him goodbye. i stopped listening to his interviews he is boring

I love him and he loves us.

Who's Pat?

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    I love him and he loves us.
    hope your kidding

Coaching Staff
    Ah we are back to slagging the interviews now.

We've just finished a 6 game unbeaten run and lost to the best team in Scotland at the moment.

My opinion of Fenlon hasn't changed one bit after today's result.

I think he still had a lot to prove before today and I think he still has a lot to prove after today.

We've got nine days now until our next match at Partick Thistle. It will be another difficult match but it gives us a chance to recharge the batteries and to try and get guys like Cairney and McPake up to full fitness.

We have a really competitive squad with a lot of decent players to choose from. I won't be hitting the panic button just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Andy - post match Pat bemoaned a lack of desire from his players. Surely even you must agree that's worrying?
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    Pat has changed a lot of the culture of the playing squad behind the scenes. He is an intelligent bloke who does not do the normal hyperbole - that means that he is not a media darling (Kenny Sheils types write headlines for them...they like that)

I do hope he can get the progress on the pitch we are all looking for - if so he will become a legend and those currently lambasting him will soon forget that, and those defending him will point out they were right

If he fails to get that on pitch progress then he will not get his contract renewed and those who lambasted him will be able to say 'told you so' (but we will still be in a better place than before he came behind the scenes) and we will enter yet another period of transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Andy - post match Pat bemoaned a lack of desire from his players. Surely even you must agree that's worrying?
    I don't think you've been following Andy's posts very closely, JB!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I don't think you've been following Andy's posts very closely, JB!
    Always willing to serve him up with a chance to agree with me though
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Pat has changed a lot of the culture of the playing squad behind the scenes. He is an intelligent bloke who does not do the normal hyperbole - that means that he is not a media darling (Kenny Sheils types write headlines for them...they like that)

I do hope he can get the progress on the pitch we are all looking for - if so he will become a legend and those currently lambasting him will soon forget that, and those defending him will point out they were right

If he fails to get that on pitch progress then he will not get his contract renewed and those who lambasted him will be able to say 'told you so' (but we will still be in a better place than before he came behind the scenes) and we will enter yet another period of transition.
    Every SPL club bar Celtic is in perpetual transition. That's the nature of the game nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post

Except of if you read a couple of the articles our resident Killie fan posted you see Shiels was far more than a media darling.

He overhauled their youth set up and various other behind the scenes stuff, at the same time as having his team play decent stuff and win a national trophy.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I'd like to ask Pat "why" we lacked desire today? I'd also like to ask him what his pre-match talk was before sending the boys out there.

Clearly it wasn't one of positive affirmations.

Every SPL club bar Celtic is in perpetual transition. That's the nature of the game nowadays.
    Why is that though?

If Celtic have their place (with the most money and resources) at the top of the table. Then why don't other clubs have their own place in the league as well, depending on the size of the club?

Blog Entries

You are of course correct if you are talking about squad, in fact given the 3 big players they lost you could argue the lesser greens are included are included

For us there has been a whole culture transition required as well, that I believe Pat has helped no end (what ever transpires ongoing) What I hope is that we at least maintain the changes in culture and build on those, even if the perpetual rebuilding of squads is a fact of life...the culture of OUR club should not be left to each changing manager (no matter when or how long they are here...managers change)...in fact I'll go further...we should have a culture and base lines of expectation that should form part of the recruitment process and T&C's that we use to appoint.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Speaking with the media is part of the job. Not the most important part, but it does matter.

FWIW my opinion of Pat hasn't turned on today's result either, but then my doubts about his ability to take Hibs forward haven't gone away. Merely being better than Calderwood isn't enough.

I'm still willing him to do well, though.

Relax Andy there was no slagging of the content of the interviews. There's a breakdown between us and Pat. You hear it in his interview today. "Well thats the way it seems to be at Hibs" with regards to the pressure. Does he think it's unmerited? And when we win you'll often here him say "well some supporters like to think they could do it differently". There is a very real distance between us
    Last edited by Bobby's Cinema; 28-09-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    If he meant they didn't care them he's but haven't seen much other evidence of that. I don't think he meant it so simplistically though.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Why does our transitional period always have us playing poor, why can't we have a transitional period like Motherwell or ICT?

If he meant they didn't care them he's but haven't seen much other evidence of that. I don't think he meant it so simplistically though.
    Desire comes from caring. If they lack desire, then it's because they don't care enough. If they don't care enough, then it's because they're not interested in giving it their all under Pat Fenlon.

A lack of desire can only really mean 1 thing.

Andy out of interest I'm going to ask you a question that I think will tear you apart... What if Petrie came out and fired him tomorrow and said he simply wasn't good enough, who would you back Fenlon or Rod?? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Andy out of interest I'm going to ask you a question that I think will tear you apart... What if Petrie came out and fired him tomorrow and said he simply wasn't good enough, who would you back Fenlon or Rod?? :D
    Is this a trick question?

If not, then i'd say neither of them.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think pats got a decent relationship with the fans and that's why the stick never got that bad during our bad spells, other than on here obviously.

As for his long term future I think we'll plod along this season and not renew his contract in thesummer, I'm probably ok with that as I can't be arsed with more managerial changes the now and think we'll finish top six.

Pretty Boy sums it up for me. I'm bored with being bored watching Hibs. The real difference will show when Pat leaves. I have no doubt the next man in charge can't possibly play worse football than Pat has during his spell here. Maybe then the guys who truly are led by blind faith will come out and admit how bad it actually was under Pat and how wrong they had it. Just like I will if Pat turns it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Is this a trick question?

If not, then i'd say neither of them.
    Can just imagine Andy sitting there, sweat pouring down the face shaking like a ****ting dog saying to himself, Pat... No wait Rod... **** Pat... No **** has to be Rod. Come on Andy the suspense is killing us ;)

Can just imagine Andy sitting there, sweat pouring down the face shaking like a ****ting dog saying to himself, Pat... No wait Rod... **** Pat... No **** has to be Rod. Come on Andy the suspense is killing us ;)
    Ha ha. Quality. We're still waiting are we not?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Ha ha. Quality. We're still waiting are we not?
    My tv is on pause until he replies :D