hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Muppets

Deep in injury time Liam Craig plays a ball backwards into his own half.
    He has no space to play a ball forward, yet two or three (very loud) muppets start to boo him.
    You know who you are.your muppets.
    unreal.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Ah that'll be Statler and Waldorf ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

There were people around me booing every time Vine had the ball and one boy in front of me went as far as to say "please let him be injured" when Rowan was down in the first half.

Words fail me.

They've just not been the same since Disney bought them over

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    You could hear these bellends clearer with the sparser crowd. Some of it was comedy gold. Some was just cringeworthy.

If they'd bawled at the defence for not defending these 2 corners then fair enough but cheering when the player who created 3 of the 5 goals is subbed is a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has no space to play a ball forward, yet two or three (very loud) muppets start to boo him.
    unreal.
    Haha - I know the exact pass you are talking about because I clocked the boos too.

Ball into feet with him facing our goal and he played it back to Hanlon first time?

I think it was just a case of folk wanting a cricket score. Far too close for comfort tonight. Possession retention was the right idea!

****ing rosters honestly. You guys must sit near me in the West as the guys behind me booed. Also shouted abuse at Vine.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    ****ing rosters honestly. You guys must sit near me in the West as the guys behind me booed. Also shouted abuse at Vine.
    This. ********s
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    There is no scapegoat in team.

I know its a question of where do you draw the line and you should avoid pitching fan against fan but What if it was a case of Target the bullies, not the team?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    I kid you not, after 5 seconds tonight this old boy shouts " whats all this, get it up the park !" ...5 seconds. not to mention 2 guys sitting behind us second half wondering if Sproule was injured

Where about in the west....there is deffo a bunch nearer the away end in the West who spend a long time booing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Some ridiculous scenes tonight in the stands.

I normally sit in the East but I decided to venture into the West Upper for tonight's game and couldn't believe what Was going on. In the 93rd minute Ben Williams had the ball at his feet and waited until the Stranraer player came up before picking it up and Some roaster sitting infront of me screamed "**** OFF FENLON" and the guy behind me started booing.

Weirdos!

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Where about in the west....there is deffo a bunch nearer the away end in the West who spend a long time booing.
    I was toward the famous five in the west tonight for a change (usually sect 43 area) and it was full of boo boys !

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee_MYB View Post
    I was toward the famous five in the west tonight for a change (usually sect 43 area) and it was full of boo boys !
    Very much this mate
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Very much this mate

Really don't know why they bother coming to games!

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Vine seems to be the main target this year. Why must we always have a boo boy

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Vine seems to be the main target this year. Why must we always have a boo boy
    I really sometimes wonder if they are undercover yam fuds, just there to put players off their game, wish they would stay away.

First Team Breakthrough GraniteCityHibs's Avatar
    I saw Vine getting some right stick on Twitter. One from a young lassie at the game and one from a boy who wasn't.

I just asked them if setting up 3 goals wasn't enough. The general answer was 'aye but he's s***e'.

There are some strange people about folks. Be safe out there.

First Team Breakthrough
    What these guys need to ask themselves is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MFn8L9tIrg

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ee. View Post
    Some ridiculous scenes tonight in the stands.

I normally sit in the East but I decided to venture into the West Upper for tonight's game and couldn't believe what Was going on. In the 93rd minute Ben Williams had the ball at his feet and waited until the Stranraer player came up before picking it up and Some roaster sitting infront of me screamed "**** OFF FENLON" and the guy behind me started booing.

Weirdos!
    I know exactly where you mean the guy was 2 seats to my left. Totally weird not a peep from him all game and then he blasts this out at the end I jumped out my seat with fright he was so loud after being so quiet!! Quiet a few boo boys in the last few minutes when we were retaining possession, crazy.

There seems to be a thread on here every week where the supporters are frustrated with the conduct of a small minority of abusers.

Is there anything as a support we can actually do to stifle thus conduct or do we just have to put up with this at every game?

Every season recently there have been away teams stating the way to beat Hibs at ER is to get their own fans on their backs
    Last edited by RIP; 25-09-2013 at 06:53 AM.

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomeancity View Post
    I know exactly where you mean the guy was 2 seats to my left. Totally weird not a peep from him all game and then he blasts this out at the end I jumped out my seat with fright he was so loud after being so quiet!! Quiet a few boo boys in the last few minutes when we were retaining possession, crazy.
    I think I know the exact guys your talking about, west stand near the top upper, near the famous five stand? Father and son that sit directly behind me and if things go wrong they start squealing, things were generally going alright for lost of the game against st mirren but near the end a couple of decisions go against us as he slams the seat beside him right behind my wife's ear! Then last night nowt all game and the pass your talking about starts booing and when Williams wasted time he was shouting away! These guys do my but in and like where im sitting as most of the guys around are a good laugh but these two geeez get a life! ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    There seems to be a thread on here every week where the supporters are frustrated with the conduct of a small minority of abusers.

Is there anything as a support we can actually do to stifle thus conduct or do we just have to put up with this at every game?
    Just put up with it.

If you (not you directly) don't like it, then stand up and cheer on the team as an alternative rather than groan about it on a messageboard.

Every season recently there have been away teams stating the way to beat Hibs at ER is to get their own fans on their backs
    Gogs - You are (IMO) in danger of being sucked in by media \ BBC nonsense on this issue. Are you seriously telling me that Hibs have a bigger problem than any other club in terms of fans getting on players backs? All because sportsound had a wee media campaign about it last year.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

It's almost as bad on here to be honest. If the players read some of the things said about them on here it must surely dent their self esteem and thus have an effect on their confidence. One guy has even started a thread having a go at the best keeper we've had in 10 years, what's all that about?

I was in the leather seats in the FF upper and we all had a jolly good time, what!

@hibs.net private member
    You must be near us, guys a bit behind us shouting abuse at Vine for wearing the number 9 shirt. I kept checking the scoreboard to make sure we were actually winning.

I had people going on about being negative, just because we weren't going for the cricket score. In a game we didnt defend set pieces etc particularly well, I was happy to watch us play keep ball between midfield/defence to see it out...

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    unreal.
    I agree. In the lead up to the penalty they started booing because again it wasn't on down one side and we went back to the goalie and chose to keep it rather than force it. Anyway Williams played it out to the right where we had space, played some nice football and got the penalty. What annoys me most is these are probably the same people who are complaining about us humping it forward and playing "hoofball".

Prob is a lot of the folk moaning and booing prob haven't kicked a ball in their life.

I am happy to keep possession and if that means playing it back or sideways to do it then do be it.

I would prefer a forward pass but if it's not on why just hoof it.

Some folk will never be happy.

We won... Yes conceded 3 but heay into the next round of the cup.