hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rowan Vine

First Team Regular

Rowan Vine

Think the fans really need to lay off this guy! Didn't do a thing wrong today set up three goals and was involved in the other two yet we still get sarcastic cheers as he is subbed! Don't think it's fair to be honest, this guy is clearly a decent winger and think he could do well for hibs! Can see it in his reaction to things on the park that his confidence is at rock bottom due to the fans being on his back, hopefully many others agree that vine played a major part in the win today and that he can push on from here!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    The ironic cheering is really irritating. He had a slow start so he is now pish forever according to some of the home fans.

Coaching Staff
    Did some great stuff tonight but most couldn't wait to boo him when he did lose the ball a couple of times.

Time to give it a rest. He's a decent player.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He set up three goals so fair play to him.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 24-09-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the fans really need to lay off this guy! Didn't do a thing wrong today set up three goals and was involved in the other two yet we still get sarcastic cheers as he is subbed! Don't think it's fair to be honest, this guy is clearly a decent winger and think he could do well for hibs! Can see it in his reaction to things on the park that his confidence is at rock bottom due to the fans being on his back, hopefully many others agree that vine played a major part in the win today and that he can push on from here!
    Just saying the same on my way home.

He's not my type of player but the abuse he gets makes me cringe. He's just in the door. Even the applause he did get after setting up 3 was lukewarm.

Mind you there were audible boo's in the last 2 minutes when we held onto posession so it's not exactly unusual for some fans to be constantly negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post

He's not my type of player but the abuse he gets makes me cringe. He's just in the door. Even the applause he did get after setting up 3 was lukewarm.

Mind you there were audible boo's in the last 2 minutes when we held onto posession so it's not exactly unusual for some fans to be constantly negative.
    I know - wtf was that all about
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I thought he put in a decent shift, I'm sure he'll get better each week

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    That really annoyed me. Folk gving the team stick for knocking the ball about in the last minute or two is totally baffling.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Played well tonight and did well coming in from out wide, couple of times in the second half when he seemed quite slow to read the play and react but aside from that I thought he had a good game.

Three assists tonight and some really nice touches.

Where I was sitting, it was applause for his contribution he got and none of it sarcastic.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    He done some nice stuff and his cross for the first was a cracker. He can be very lazy at times tho. It's quite noticeable when he has the likes of Collins, craig, Robertson, Taiwo who run themselves into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This! Keeping a hold of the ball is how to play the game properly. I wish some fans would get this. If you can't go forward you play it back...but then all you hear is BOOOO. Is silly stuff from some of our fans, and it leads to players giving the pal away.

@hibs.net private member
    Sat next to Billy Whizz in the first half. The "Grumpy" family behind him constantly had a go at Vine, Hanlon and Maybury with hardly a decent/positive word to say about anyone in the Hibs team and that was us 3-1 up! They are enough to put you off going. Wish folk would think before opening their traps.

I was absolutely astounded at it. Maybe yogi Hughes was right after all with the famed "fitba folk ken whits goin on" statement. Clearly these fans don't

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post

Where I was sitting, it was applause for his contribution he got and none of it sarcastic.
    Agreed - I didn't think it was sarcastic.

I've got folk behind me that think the ball should never be passed backwards - absolutely clueless.

Blog Entries

West ?

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    [/B]

West ?
    East.

The guy set up 3 goals and a nice wee lay off to collins for the shot that got us the pen but people still giving him abuse. His delivery from out-wide is really good, wish people would get off his back, he's a good attacking option to have in the squad. Well played Rowan!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    I've said this before in response to previous posts and I'll say it again "it really hacks me off when so called Hibs fans get on the back of their own players... if someone is pulling on a Hibs jersey then they deserve to be supported." The mentality of some fans bewilders me.... a guy in front of me shouting "Fenlon get him oaf!".... it grates on my nerves.... anyway rant over - OP I agree with your point about fans laying off....... The critics have been on the back of Fenlon, Stevenson, Maybury, Tudor-Jones to name but a few.... it must be Vines turn just now!! On a separate point did any one notice Caldwell scurrying up the tunnel at the end of the game with a face like thunder? He acknowledged Fenlon with a handshake - never acknowledged the fans who were applauding and disappeared!

Coaching Staff
    I'm not condoning ironic jeering one bit but this 'it's only Hibs that do it' rips my knitting - every single club in Europe does it, it's not unique to Hibs.

Just at the weekend, Spanish fans had their hankies out !

Vine needs to be consistent - simple as that. It's unforgiving this business, and whilst support is required, players in this country need to give 100% every game - and got me it doesn't happen - there is this minor celebrity thing in the SPL that makes players thinks they've 'made it' - the games I've seen this season, Vine works hard and tries hard, but it's been huff and puff. And not just Vine.

If the players at Hibs want second, then it's less huff and puff, more effort and desire, and less worrying about booing and hurt feelings.

Rooney was booed incessantly at the weekend, yet at 4-0 down his work rate never dropped and he still wanted the ball - like him or loathe him, that's what makes a player. Boos from fans shouldn't get to a player !

Just my opinion at the end of the day.

And many fans are knowledgable about the game - I'd place Hibs fans as the most demanding yet more knowledgable - from my experience at games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedlund12 View Post
    I've said this before in response to previous posts and I'll say it again "it really hacks me off when so called Hibs fans get on the back of their own players... if someone is pulling on a Hibs jersey then they deserve to be supported." The mentality of some fans bewilders me.... a guy in front of me shouting "Fenlon get him oaf!".... it grates on my nerves.... anyway rant over - OP I agree with your point about fans laying off....... The critics have been on the back of Fenlon, Stevenson, Maybury, Tudor-Jones to name but a few.... it must be Vines turn just now!! On a separate point did any one notice Caldwell scurrying up the tunnel at the end of the game with a face like thunder? He acknowledged Fenlon with a handshake - never acknowledged the fans who were applauding and disappeared!
    I saw him scuttling up the tunnel (couldn't see his face cos I sit in the East) and thought it was a pretty poor show to be honest.
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    East.
    so it was either the stranraer fans,or the FF family stand,I was in the west lower,and he got respectful applause

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That really annoyed me. Folk gving the team stick for knocking the ball about in the last minute or two is totally baffling.

Sat in the West today for a change as my season ticket is in the east.. Won't be going back there as it is full of people ready to bash players for very little (just where I was sitting to be fair). But a bunch of people criticising various players for nothing. One guy was yelling at the players for passing it back to Williams, he hoofs it up the park and Craig gets the 4th.. and he's up celebrating. Another furious at Williams for not picking up the ball in the last few minutes to waste a bit of time. Really baffling as you say.

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    Same situation beside me in the East. The guy gets three assists, then is involved in the build up to the peno, yet a bad touch in the 70th minute leads to trumpets shouting abuse at him. Admittedly, he didn't have a good first few games for us, but getting on his back wasn't going to do anyone any favours. Back him more and it might lead to more decent performances / good chances being created.

This! Keeping a hold of the ball is how to play the game properly. I wish some fans would get this. If you can't go forward you play it back...but then all you hear is BOOOO. Is silly stuff from some of our fans, and it leads to players giving the pal away.

It seems to me some fans just need to have a scapegoat. That they suck every ounce of confidence out of until they eventually leave.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Ignorance, John - ignorance. Or perhaps I should say stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I'm not condoning ironic jeering one bit but this 'it's only Hibs that do it' rips my knitting - every single club in Europe does it, it's not unique to Hibs.

Just at the weekend, Spanish fans had their hankies out !

Vine needs to be consistent - simple as that. It's unforgiving this business, and whilst support is required, players in this country need to give 100% every game - and got me it doesn't happen - there is this minor celebrity thing in the SPL that makes players thinks they've 'made it' - the games I've seen this season, Vine works hard and tries hard, but it's been huff and puff. And not just Vine.

If the players at Hibs want second, then it's less huff and puff, more effort and desire, and less worrying about booing and hurt feelings.

Rooney was booed incessantly at the weekend, yet at 4-0 down his work rate never dropped and he still wanted the ball - like him or loathe him, that's what makes a player. Boos from fans shouldn't get to a player !

Just my opinion at the end of the day.

And many fans are knowledgable about the game - I'd place Hibs fans as the most demanding yet more knowledgable - from my experience at games.
    I hardly think Rooney being booed by OPPOSITION fans is comparable.

You think Hibs fans aren't more critical than most others? There's seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence going about that would contradict that.

Knowledgable? How can you tell that?! Football's all about opinions. If folk constantly shouting "shoooooooot!!" and "tackle um!!!" makes us more knowledgable then yeah you might be right. Anyone with any knowledge must realise that shouting support and not abuse will help the team they profess to support?

Sorry for venting my frustrations but I've just say through 90 minutes with fans around me (lower FF) that have acted like we lost 6-0 all night. Absolutely sick of it.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Not everything came off for him tonight but he showed some decent touches, set up 3 goals and kept working hard. Folk need to lay off

I cheered his substitution against Ross County/Motherwell ?, can't remember which. Wasn't clever on my behalf but I'm afraid that the guy is the main boo boy target.
    Certainly where I sit he is, berated for any mistake by quite a few around me, to the point where it was getting on my goat.
    Had a decent game tonight.