hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perspective

Perspective

I take no pleasure, infact I take a great deal of pleasure in calling out the people on here that are so against Pat and what hes done here and what he is doing. So many people on here find it sooo easy to put the boot in yet it will stick in their throat when they have to actually have to re-evaluate their panic opinion.

I will get the no doubt backlash of people who actually convince themselves we need to change manager rather than just let him build his background staff and the best personnel that he has had here since he came in.

not a point scoring exercise at all and the next run of bad form or defeats are just round the corner but lets back the man and go forward?

2. Log in to remove the advert

good luck mate :)

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I take no pleasure, infact I take a great deal of pleasure in calling out the people on here that are so against Pat and what hes done here and what he is doing. So many people on here find it sooo easy to put the boot in yet it will stick in their throat when they have to actually have to re-evaluate their panic opinion.

I will get the no doubt backlash of people who actually convince themselves we need to change manager rather than just let him build his background staff and the best personnel that he has had here since he came in.

not a point scoring exercise at all and the next run of bad form or defeats are just round the corner but lets back the man and go forward?
    Clearly it is.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Yup. Eff the bedwetters and their lemon sheet ways!

GGTTH and mon PADDY FENLONS GAWA!

Very much a point scoring exercise.
    I very much hope you a right though.
    There is a glimmer of hope for Pat.
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    good luck mate :)
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I may have been wrong. I snapped after the performance (not the result) at Tyncastle a few weeks ago. If only I hadn't.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Perspective.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I may have been wrong. I snapped after the performance (not the result) at Tyncastle a few weeks ago. If only I hadn't.
    I snapped as well after that game. Was the one and only time I asked for Pat's head

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Think after last season and the new season signings people's expectations were sky high,but they exit and the manner of the way we went out of Europe and the game at Tynecastle where everyone and there dog thought we were going to give them a proper going over had a lot of fans calling for Pat's head,
    I don't know any Hibs fan who does not want Pat to become a success at Easter Road,and I'm happy that we seem to be heading in the right direction now and were not having to watch the drab stuff that we were watching.
    GGTTH

your quite right in calling out the bed wetters...the over reaction to the poor start to the season was way over the top...we have a new squad that needs time to gel and as the weeks pass our performances will improve...yesterday was the shape of things to come and i suspect a large bowl of humble pie may have to be eaten by some of the more emotional posters on here...onwards and upwards and always back the team.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    your quite right in calling out the bed wetters...the over reaction to the poor start to the season was way over the top...we have a new squad that needs time to gel and as the weeks pass our performances will improve...yesterday was the shape of things to come and i suspect a large bowl of humble pie may have to be eaten by some of the more emotional posters on here...onwards and upwards and always back the team.
    Not sure you serve pie in a bowl to be honest ;-)

I said at the time that it would be crazy not to give Pat the first round of games before doing anything. I'm still of that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Perspective.
    Care to bring something more insightful to the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Clearly it is.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Very much a point scoring exercise.
    I very much hope you a right though.
    There is a glimmer of hope for Pat.
    GGTTH

Your opening post said you take great pleasure from making the point, clearly point scoring.....

I made the point on the match day thread yesterday that we only had three pages in spite of being 2 goals ahead. I assume that most of the usual bed wetters lacked the good grace to come on say say well done......

Perspective - St Mirren are the worst team in the league by a mile. Lets see a performance like that every week before we start thinking anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I made the point on the match day thread yesterday that we only had three pages in spite of being 2 goals ahead. I assume that most of the usual bed wetters lacked the good grace to come on say say well done......
    It was a home game? Maybe the bed wetters are those that attend the games?

Aye well - we will see the next time we get play poorly and get beaten at home then won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Perspective - St Mirren are the worst team in the league by a mile. Lets see a performance like that every week before we start thinking anything else.
    Indeed, a great second half performance last week, and a superb display yesterday, but we need to be like that every week......We had a great tempo from the off, dictated the game from first minute to last.......

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    What's this "bed wetter" pish? After our start people were correctly not happy at the situation, it was not knee jerk, after results and performances.....

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Another couple of good results required then I'll change the sheets.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    9 zip against Malmo and losing poorly to the worst Hearts team in a generation - no wonder people got emotional. To be fair to Pat, he seemed to understand why the supporters were angry, and there has been definite signs of improvement in recent weeks.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    What's this "bed wetter" pish? After our start people were correctly not happy at the situation, it was not knee jerk, after results and performances.....
    Aye it's incredible. Hibs fans not happy with the manager responsible for the 2 worst results in our history and a pitiful performance and defeat against an awful hearts side. "Bedwetters" All 90% of them or whatever it was. It's great how PF seems to be turning it round but you'd think we'd secured 2nd going by some of the OTT comments.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Care to bring something more insightful to the discussion?

No, even now i don't think i need to add anything to my original post.

The day we accept mediocrity is for me the day I give up supporting the team. It wasn't just the Malmo result but the complete absence of football that made us angry.

100% justifiable anger

Quite right SMAXXA ... Following 3 years of utter Tom Kite I cant understand either how these bloomin' bed wetters couldnt see that an utter humiliation in Europe and losing to our biggest rivals weakest team for 30 years was actually part of a well worked master plan.

The final part of this plan was to muster one shot on goal in 90 minutes at home to Ross County. Yup, folks just over react without being able to see the bigger picture and how this was all part of a master strategy to make everybody else think we would be a soft touch.

But now that we have managed an away win and a good performance at home against the poorest team in the Scottish Premiership you can see it all coming together.

To be serious for a minute ... The St Johnstone result was brilliant and we certainly looked a lot better going forward against St Mirren, but we have a long way to go before we can start getting all exited about our new brand of football and better results. Something I cant help feeling has been forced on PF to a certain extent by the criticism aimed at him, not only on here, but by the TV, Press and other interested parties who could see that the 3 holding midfield players and one forward strategy just wasnt working.

Oh and by the way ..... I do all my bed wetting from the stands, not in front of the TV or behind a keyboard.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    The day we accept mediocrity is for me the day I give up supporting the team. It wasn't just the Malmo result but the complete absence of football that made us angry.

100% justifiable anger
    I don't think anyone including those at the club, accepted anything. There were just different views about how the situation could best be improved.

Last year when we had attacking players from midfield on form we played well overall. It's looking the same this time.