hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Jim Goodwin

Jim Goodwin

I won't dwell on the fact some on this board thought he would be a good signing (sigh) I might stick a few quid on him seeing red again today, think he will target Collins as he usually picks one player to try and wind up!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I won't dwell on the fact some on this board thought he would be a good signing (sigh) I might stick a few quid on him seeing red again today, think he will target Collins as he usually picks one player to try and wind up!!
    Collins will need to keep calm and not rise to it

Zoubir will be his target.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member
    Still think he'd have done a job at Hibs at that time. But would not get a game now

@hibs.net private member
    If he's still on the pitch by the time Zoubir arrives.

I'm guessing he will be playing in the middle of defence so probably difficult to get the chance to target Zoubir, thinking Collins similar to what he did to Boyd!! Your right Collins needs to be made aware of what Goodwin will be up to and rise above it, if he doesn't react and we are winning it will be Goodwin who will loose the plot!!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    This is professional football we are playing, i'm sure the management team will not be worried about any opposition player being a little physical?

If the manager is doing his job correctly, he will have gone through what he expects from St Mirren and their players, but will hopefully be more worried about what WE do during the game.

The ref is there to take care of any indiscretions.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is professional football we are playing, i'm sure the management team will not be worried about any opposition player being a little physical?

If the manager is doing his job correctly, he will have gone through what he expects from St Mirren and their players, but will hopefully be more worried about what WE do during the game.

The ref is there to take care of any indiscretions.
    Agree with the above and also the players who were here last season will be talking about it as well. Collins will be made aware of it and is a big guy as well so sure he can look after himself.

not all about physicality, we have seen numerous times he's a wind up merchant, wee things off the ball and incessant winding up players, if you've played football you'll know what these guys are all about and if frustration sets in its easy to react, just ask Kris Boyd and several other professional players!!