hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fenlon Got His Tactics Spot On

Well done Pat, for establishing that the doubters know nothing! People have to remember that PF spends time with the players and he knows what they can and cannot do - so congratulations to him for sticking to his guns and proving the ignorant, ill-informed posters on this board wrong.

If I could make one criticism of Pat however, I'd say that I'm not sure if this merits a separate thread.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    He rightly takes the flak when we play badly, so he deserves the credit when we win. If we can go on a good run of results from here I will be delighted.

I'm happy to say here and now that I have no problem whatsoever if Pat Fenlon proves me wrong and Hibs start playing consistently good football.

Onwards and...(?)

...over to you, Pat and the boys

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm happy to say here and now that I have no problem whatsoever if Pat Fenlon proves me wrong and Hibs start playing consistently good football.

Onwards and...(?)

...over to you, Pat and the boys
    This.

I've been a massive critic of PF and, to an extent, rightly so. Obviously the best thing for all concerned is that he proves he is the man for the job. That's now up to him and his players.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He rightly takes the flak when we play badly, so he deserves the credit when we win. If we can go on a good run of results from here I will be delighted.
    Correct, I still have many doubts about him but as long as He's here I hope He gets hibs winning and playing decent fitba. I dinnae mind being wrong, if that happens, why would anybody? Hibs doing well is all that matters.

Petrie on the other hand can still GTF.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Me too. I was actually quite enthused by his Hibernian TV interview (the 5 minute one on Youtube). Seemed to have dropped all the cliches we'd rather not hear and was more pragmatic. Hope it signals a change of fortune for club and manager. Well done Pat on todays win.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Correct, I still have many doubts about him but as long as He's here I hope He gets hibs winning and playing decent fitba. I dinnae mind being wrong, if that happens, why would anybody? Hibs doing well is all that matters.

True, the best thing that could happen is for fenlon to be the man for the job. I still have my doubts but would love to be proved wrong.

Doubt there is a single Hibs fan out there who doesn't want Pat to turn it round. Let's hope today is the start.
    C'mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Me too. I was actually quite enthused by his Hibernian TV interview (the 5 minute one on Youtube). Seemed to have dropped all the cliches we'd rather not hear and was more pragmatic. Hope it signals a change of fortune for club and manager. Well done Pat on todays win.
    Plus one, hopefully I'm entertained when I take my seat next week.
    Bit concerned that the OP has ADD though.

If hibs are doing well and Pat turns out to be a good appointment would you still want rid of Petrie?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    If i'm going to slate the man when his team have lost, its only fair to give him credit when we win. Well done Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If i'm going to slate the man when his team have lost, its only fair to give him credit when we win. Well done Pat.
    Agreed. What a difference second half. Enjoyable trip

He was spot on today. Got tactics right and made the correct change when Stevenson went off. Credit where its due

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    If hibs are doing well and Pat turns out to be a good appointment would you still want rid of Petrie?
    Colin Deadwood should have been his last **** up, on top of all the **** ups before. IMO he is the one who is and has been ultimately responsible for the pish and decline in the last six years. My opinion of him since Deadwood hasnae and winnae change nae matter what happens. Anyway I'll say nae mair about him on this thread, dinnae want it going off topic or having folk moaning about it.

Left by mutual consent!

So, you're saying that if Pat does indeed turn out to be the man, then Petrie can GTF despite appointing the right manager and despite doing it while keeping the club in a very solid financial position. Aye, OK then.

First Team Breakthrough
    If the team get top 4 then Pat should stay. The fans won't forget the Malmo disaster easily.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    So, you're saying that if Pat does indeed turn out to be the man, then Petrie can GTF despite appointing the right manager and despite doing it while keeping the club in a very solid financial position. Aye, OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    If the team get top 4 then Pat should stay. The fans won't forget the Malmo disaster easily.
    What group of fans are you speaking for.

Personally, I've forgotten about it already. Pre-season as far as I'm concerned.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Never doubted Pat once.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    for the first time imo he finally got the subs(and the timing of them) right, i thought we were pretty rank the first half, passing was very poor....then a pretty good 2nd half, players actually looking for the pass and moving in to spaces and with just a little more luck we could have had another two, i've always gave tom taiwo credit for his performances in the past but he was p@sh in that 1st half(imo) good 3 points

First Team Breakthrough Number69's Avatar
    If we can play for 90 minutes the way we played the last half then fair enough but we were terrible in the first half and Alan Maybury is still pretendin to be a right back.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    What group of fans are you speaking for.

Personally, I've forgotten about it already. Pre-season as far as I'm concerned.
    You have forgotten the worst European result in our history and in fact Scotland's history. Really? Also saying its a pre season is a ridiculous post. Lets just bin going for Europe then aye as its just pre season.

Back Pat and Hibs but come on dont come out with that *****.

Coaching Staff
    First half wasn't great. Thomson tends to slow things a bit and we looked tentative getting it forward.

Second half was great. Some nice stuff between Collins and Heff. The French boy looks like he can dribble and go past players for fun!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    for the first time imo he finally got the subs(and the timing of them) right, i thought we were pretty rank the first half, passing was very poor....then a pretty good 2nd half, players actually looking for the pass and moving in to spaces and with just a little more luck we could have had another two, i've always gave tom taiwo credit for his performances in the past but he was p@sh in that 1st half(imo) good 3 points
    He certainly didn't get the last sub right. Scott Robertson had just pulled up injured and signalled that he needed off, and was actually walking towards the bench assuming his number was up only to be sent limping back to the right flank.

Not being overly critical today because we won and probably shaded the game as a contest, but I was worried for those last couple of minutes because Robertson was struggling. Luckily Wotherspoon was too rubbish to capitalise.

Well done to Pat and the players good 3 points and a cracking 2nd half performance

Mon the cabbage

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    He certainly didn't get the last sub right. Scott Robertson had just pulled up injured and signalled that he needed off, and was actually walking towards the bench assuming his number was up only to be sent limping back to the right flank.

Not being overly critical today because we won and probably shaded the game as a contest, but I was worried for those last couple of minutes because Robertson was struggling. Luckily Wotherspoon was too rubbish to capitalise.

you are of course correct but in my defence, it was quite a while ago :)

@hibs.net private member

One Paddy Fenlon

I have never been a critic of Fenlon's, I think a lot of the flak he got was way over the top, when Fenlon has a full squad to pick from it will show that he has brought in the right type of players for the money that has been made available to him, Petrie on the other hand can gtf

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Doubt there is a single Hibs fan out there who doesn't want Pat to turn it round. Let's hope today is the start.
    C'mon the Hibs.
    Agreed...well done Hibs and PF today encouraging signs hope it lasts...

Well done Pat and the boys today, a great 3 points.

Any chance we can have a decent first and second half performance as the next indication of progress.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Well done Pat, for establishing that the doubters know nothing! People have to remember that PF spends time with the players and he knows what they can and cannot do - so congratulations to him for sticking to his guns and proving the ignorant, ill-informed posters on this board wrong.

If I could make one criticism of Pat however, I'd say that I'm not sure if this merits a separate thread.