hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jim Spence abused by zombie Huns

If I'm reading Jim Spence's tweets correctly, he and his wife have now been threatened in the street by Sevco Huns fans for his reference to the Old Co.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I'm reading Jim Spence's tweets correctly, he and his wife have now been threatened in the street by Sevco Huns fans for his reference to the Old Co.
    Revisionism through intimidation.

The more people who stand up and call them for what they are the harder it gets for them to 'black mark' all newco references and pretend it never happened.

Newco fuds. Never forget.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Poor show. Spence is a decent journalist, although a United fan, is first and foremost a football fan

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ginger_hibee View Post
    Revisionism through intimidation.

The more people who stand up and call them for what they are the harder it gets for them to 'black mark' all newco references and pretend it never happened.

Newco fuds. Never forget.
    The thing is, Spence didn't actually call them the club that died. He said that "some people" called them that. He may well have the opposite opinion.

Do you think The Rangers wil now be so quick to condemn the actions of the morons in their support as they were to complain about his comment?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    The abuse of Jim Spence is sickening. He was one of the few journos who understood how Scottish football fans felt about oldco returning to the SPL without any problem. As has been said previously in this thread, NEVER FORGET that they died and it is a new club. Sadly, many of the fans who migrated to newco are more vile than ever.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Jim Spence

Huns giving wee Jim a hard time for telling the truth

He rightly accepts that Twitter makes him open to attacks but having a go in the street when he's out with his Mrs?

I know Jim and he's a good bloke so I hope he gets past this without any fans from that lower league mob giving him more grief

Edit http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...ife.1379008919
    This is how it feels

Coaching Staff
    Sums up everything wrong with the Old Firm and everything that comes with them.

Coaching Staff
    JB, The Rangers fans are Scotland's Shame and always will be - take a wee read of Rangers Media and you begin to wonder what their 'Moderators' actually think is worth 'moderating' - references to 'Tims', 'Radio Catholic', 'no tricolours at Ibrox'..........why do either the police or indeed internet servers/providers not ban and remove these sites until they do actually conform to common decency and levels of intellect that is actually acceptable in today's society ?

I'm sick and tired of the continual acceptance of bigotry in this country from all sides - and the accompanying behaviour that runs in tandem.

It's time for clubs and fans to really take a stance and apply pressure on everyone. It's going on too long and being allowed to by the authorities.

Has Jim Traynor come out on their website condoning the behaviour against his old media mate ? Silence of course will be deafening from that overweight airbag on legs

Jim's a good guy. Met him a few times and he's always willing to take a slagging within reason.

Doesn't deserve this type of nonsense.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

this is a disgrace and all that is wrong with rangers bullying bandwaggon.

i know jim well and its hopefully something that gets stamped out fast.

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    I must have missed it but what exactly did he say to rile up the rangers fans?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Saw him mention this on his twitter earlier. And here's a reply he got from a Rangers fan -

@steven_lennox: @bbcjimspence agree u dnt deserve threats or that but you have to agree ye have brought it all on yourself trying to be a smart arse #learn

Absolute ****

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    JB, The Rangers fans are Scotland's Shame and always will be - take a wee read of Rangers Media and you begin to wonder what their 'Moderators' actually think is worth 'moderating' - references to 'Tims', 'Radio Catholic', 'no tricolours at Ibrox'
    Apparently going on and politely defending your mate (who, granted, had said something pretty shocking) is the only banable offence on there.

Quote Originally Posted by West hamBERNIAN View Post
    See my link in post one
    This is how it feels

I'd love to pretend I'm surprised, but TRFC seemingly seem intent on plumbing the same depths as the old club.

Nice to see the Beeb defending their own ...... Not

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...ments.22092189

Articles mention 400 complaints. Anyone think if 400 of us complained about Messrs Preston/Robertson/Houston etc we'd get a public apology
    This is how it feels

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    See my link in post one
    Ah, cheers

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by West hamBERNIAN View Post
    Said that the old club 'died' when they were debating The Rangers boardroom plans - crime of the century apparently and I believe that the Beeb actually 'apologised' for Jim's reference to the club being 'dead'. Good to see many many The Rangers supporting journalists supporting Jim though.......at least some are showing decency.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    They're fascists, pure and simple.

I'm sick and tired of the continual acceptance of bigotry in this country from all sides - and the accompanying behaviour that runs in tandem.
    I'm not disagreeing one iota with what you are saying, but I think we should make a start of calling this, and all the other idiocy that the OF** conjure up, what it is: thuggery. When we call it "bigotry" we're polishing the turd. Labelling it as "bigotry" opens a tiny crack of justification for it - although it's unacceptable it has its root in theology and tradition (which might mean society needs to consider the causes and look at pulling the two sides together at some level). This doesn't. It has its roots in a football team, and that is so utterly pathetic it's unbelievable. It just makes it worse that it also amounts to an assault on freedom of speech and the press. Thanks to football. Gies strength

** - acknowledgement to celtic fans that you've not kicked a dog or harassed a journalist this week, but you of course have your moments, too.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    ....and the BBC apologised for that comment, which they then also claimed he never said.

Spineless from them all round.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Has Jim Traynor come out on their website condoning the behaviour against his old media mate ?
    Probably has.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Probably has.
    Is it on The Rangers website ? Is there a link ?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Utterly pathetic, cowardness from the bbc. Imagine apologising for one of their own making a factual statement! Or are we just now pretending they are the same club as that's what their feral fans want?!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I'm not disagreeing one iota with what you are saying, but I think we should make a start of calling this, and all the other idiocy that the OF** conjure up, what it is: thuggery. When we call it "bigotry" we're polishing the turd. Labelling it as "bigotry" opens a tiny crack of justification for it - although it's unacceptable it has its root in theology and tradition (which might mean society needs to consider the causes and look at pulling the two sides together at some level). This doesn't. It has its roots in a football team, and that is so utterly pathetic it's unbelievable. It just makes it worse that it also amounts to an assault on freedom of speech and the press. Thanks to football. Gies strength

** - acknowledgement to celtic fans that you've not kicked a dog or harassed a journalist this week, but you of course have your moments, too.
    I think you have a point. Calling it 'bigotry' raises it to a kind of political and principled position which it doesn't deserve. It's old fashioned bullying and thuggery.

Obviously the truth hurts.

Discussing your contract with a stranger - sackable offence.

Betting on your team mates to lose - no need to be disciplined.

Booting a dog because of its owner - ok.

Now this. Morals of sewer rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Huns giving wee Jim a hard time for telling the truth

He rightly accepts that Twitter makes him open to attacks but having a go in the street when he's out with his Mrs?

I know Jim and he's a good bloke so I hope he gets past this without any fans from that lower league mob giving him more grief

Edit http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...ife.1379008919
    Morons then, Morons now, Morons forever.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Obviously the truth hurts.
    I can't see why the BBC are apologising he didn't say anything wrong. If they want to say the old club's alive they can pay their debts it owes.