hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Would you grass your bairns for football violence?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aye, nail the wee bassas

22 37.93%
  • No danger I'd clype on ma laddies

17 29.31%
  • Was the dug wearing a Hearts strip?

11 18.97%
  • Bairns?

8 13.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hmmmm....... probably not.
    On the same note, I wouldn't be happy if one of mine was clumped on the head with a half brick thrown by some wee ned at the footy.
    Tricky one.

Depends on how serious the offence was.

If it's something that's resulted in the death or serious injury of another person then I would definitely report it to the police or make sure that they owned up.

If it was something more trivial then I would probably leave out the police and just hand out any punishment myself.

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    Not 100% if I'd clype on them, but the wee gits would find it hard to sit on their erses for a month if I found about about it

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?

Question

I was at the game in question- with my son - as it happens, and witnessed a lot of what went on that day.

Could write an essay on my feelings that day, but will just answer the question and say, no, I would not have shopped my bairn to the polis, but would have booted his arse from here to kingdom come to see.that he never became involved in anything like that again.......,o

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    If I was a really strict parent, I'd buy them a season ticket for The West Stand to properly punish the wee scrote.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    If you mean stand up and account for their actions then yes I would "grass" on them. The word grass is an invention by criminals/bullies to intimidate people effected by crime into shutting up.

What lesson would my kid learn from not being held to account for his actions? If he's gonna have a brush with the law then I'd rather he did it as a kid and then learnt from it.

What are 12 year olds doing running amok at such a potentially violent game?

If it was a sexual offence then id march my son to the police myself .....after ive kicked ten colours of **** out of him....anything else then I would protect him with my life....family comes first

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I was a really strict parent, I'd buy them a season ticket for The West Stand to properly punish the wee scrote.
    Don't be too harsh on the laddie.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    No but I would sort them out myself.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    If it was a sexual offence then id march my son to the police myself .....after ive kicked ten colours of **** out of him....anything else then I would protect him with my life....family comes first
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    hahahaha had a ST for the west a few years ago, like sitting with the Walking Dead.Excellent view likes.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Murder, violent assault? No way on this earth would I be protecting my child if I thought they had killed someone (such as the one in Dalkeith a few years back). In those circumstances as hard as it may be I would like to think the parent would try and put themselves in the victims shoes and give them up.

If it was something really serious, violent assault, sexual assault, murder etc then definitely. Family or not.

Throwing a few things at the football whilst trying to act hard in front of their mates? I'd probably deal with that myself.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

How do kids learn if they don't face the consequences of their actions? There appears to be folk saying that they wouldn't do anything if their kid murdered someone.

It would break my heart but, with my support, my kids will face up to whatever they do.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    If you mean stand up and account for their actions then yes I would "grass" on them. The word grass is an invention by criminals/bullies to intimidate people effected by crime into shutting up.

What lesson would my kid learn from not being held to account for his actions? If he's gonna have a brush with the law then I'd rather he did it as a kid and then learnt from it.
    I've always believed the word 'Grass' is used when a criminal turns on another fellow-criminal - anything else is simply 'Reporting'.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If it was something really serious, violent assault, sexual assault, murder etc then definitely. Family or not.

Throwing a few things at the football whilst trying to act hard in front of their mates? I'd probably deal with that myself.
    Chucking a missile can be just as injurious as 'violent assault'.

Quote Originally Posted by cheltenhamhibee View Post
    Not 100% if I'd clype on them, but the wee gits would find it hard to sit on their erses for a month if I found about about it

So you would smack yer kids. To teach them a lesson about breach of the peace / throwing missiles.

Yep, violence should teach them a lesson.

Just vintage.

Unlike you lot, I brought my kids up properly,I'd never HAVE to grass them up ;-)

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    [/B]
    So you would smack yer kids. To teach them a lesson about breach of the peace / throwing missiles.

Yep, violence should teach them a lesson.

Just vintage.
    Is it not important to teach your kids that sometimes violence is the answer though?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Is it not important to teach your kids that sometimes violence is the answer though?
    Oh how we've missed you

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    How do kids learn if they don't face the consequences of their actions? There appears to be folk saying that they wouldn't do anything if their kid murdered someone.

It would break my heart but, with my support, my kids will face up to whatever they do.
    Well said. This.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I think it's easy to say what we would do if one of our kids committed a crime, but I suspect if any of us were ever faced with the decision it would be much harder to turn them in.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    yep i would, too many kids out there getting away with murder these days all because their parents dont discipline them, they need to know what is wrong and right.

don't get me wrong , i was a little ******* when i was younger but was never involved in anything like that

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    I was at the game in question- with my son - as it happens, and witnessed a lot of what went on that day.
    I was as well and to be honest I never saw a thing .. and my seat is at the same end as the away fans.

I usually head straight down the town after a game though, and I think a lot of those causing trouble were either hanging around to cause it or had come up from the pubs in the town.

I must add that no horses were hurt by me or anyone I was with.

On the subject of grassing my kids .. it would depend on the situation, and my ability to dish out a suitable punishment, but I'd be more likely to make them hand themselves in than tell on them.
    Last edited by StevieC; 12-09-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Love this bit:

The boys will have to surrender their passports whenever Newcastle or England play overseas.

They are 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody70x2 View Post
    Love this bit:

The boys will have to surrender their passports whenever Newcastle or England play overseas.

They are 12.
    I was wondering about that myself!

Do airlines/ferries etc even allow 12 year olds to travel alone?

I know they could travel with an adult but considering that their parents reported them to the police, I hardly think they're likely to take them to a match when the ban is part of their punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    In what way?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody70x2 View Post
    Love this bit:
    They are 12.
    It was the fact it was Newcastle, rather than their age, that made me smile.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!