hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: mascot packages

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce

mascot packages

First of all apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but just saw hibs are charging 150 to be a mascot this year. I always thought this was a random thing or charity thing. Is this new and is it just another way to squeeze money out of the fans?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I thought it was a random selection process too. And open to Hibs kids and free.

Nice one Hibs, gotta be the only spongey club doing this.

my oldest was mascot for motherwell game and my youngest was a mascot at the final v celtic.
    both hibs kids.
    always thought it was just a random pick

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Think i may do this for the wee man, he would love it

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    It IS still something that Hibs kids get picked at random for, but I think they do this package around twice a season, for those that want to jump ahead of the lottery of the Hibs kids mascots

I didn't realise there was an opportunity to pay for it either, in my opinion it should be 100% for Hibs kids and picked at random, I also hear that they still don't give any shop discounts on kit for mascots which is pretty poor since its required

Makes me feel old now thinking that when I was mascot the captain's were Murdo MacLeod and Ally McCoist!

There was a fuss made of hearts charging more than that to do so, like double it.

@hibs.net private member
    My lad was one of the mascot for the Ross County game. It was free and picked at random. He is a Hibs Kid by virtue of his ST. I think it is maybe just the Cat A games they have a paid for mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My lad was one of the mascot for the Ross County game. It was free and picked at random. He is a Hibs Kid by virtue of his ST. I think it is maybe just the Cat A games they have a paid for mascot.
    this sounds more like it and about right.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbeedavid View Post
    I didn't realise there was an opportunity to pay for it either, in my opinion it should be 100% for Hibs kids and picked at random, I also hear that they still don't give any shop discounts on kit for mascots which is pretty poor since its required

Makes me feel old now thinking that when I was mascot the captain's were Murdo MacLeod and Ally McCoist!
    Alan Rough and Clive Allen were captains for my day as mascot. That wasn't yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    First of all apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but just saw hibs are charging 150 to be a mascot this year. I always thought this was a random thing or charity thing. Is this new and is it just another way to squeeze money out of the fans?
    sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Alan Rough and Clive Allen were captains for my day as mascot. That wasn't yesterday!
    Andy Goram was Hibs captain and Victor was St Mirrens captain the day I was mascot. 22 years ago!

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    I was a Hibs kid , my kids were Hibs kids and my grandkids are now Hibs kids . Not one mascot between us !!
    Petrie !!!! Lol

Ggtth

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Seems were just criticising our club for literally everything they do these days, it's getting silly now IMO. I was a Hibs kid from the age of 5, attended every Christmas party etc, entered every competition under the sun but unfortunately never won the chance to be a mascot. I was absolutely desperate to be one as a wee boy! If this option was available years ago then I would have asked for that for my birthday or Christmas. I think it's a great idea and gives loads of folk an opportunity that they wouldn't normally have. No one is forcing folk to spend money and there is still the chance to win it as a prize. As I say, only wish this was available 15-20 yrs ago

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Also I'm fairly sure there is still a competition winner every single week. The paid ones are the extras that make up the 10-11 mascots that walk out some weeks

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Also I'm fairly sure there is still a competition winner every single week. The paid ones are the extras that make up the 10-11 mascots that walk out some weeks
    The 11 last week were drawn at random as far as I know. At least my lad was