hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Lennon

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Danny Lennon

@pieandbov: On a different note I believe Danny Lennon will be leaving #StMirren within the next 48 hours. #SPFL #ScotPrem

So a smaller club with a smaller budget than us, that have won a cup in the last 6 months, are getting rid of their manager before us.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not a fan but feel for him. Hes had cup final fever as weve had for 6 years end last season and lost most of best players and hardly had any money to rebuild. Much different to Fenlon IMO.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Take him in a heartbeat at hibs.

I've just been out for a bevvie with my Saint Mirren pal and he says Lennon is an absolute disaster - tactically clueless - keeps signing midfielders

My pal has been wanting rid of Lennon for a while now...

Remind me why exactly he would be the answer?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by HadALineWiGarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm, I wouldn't be too impressed if he was our next manager. Struggles with st Mirren, but can do a job with us?? Nah.

Hope they get a bounce with the new man coming in. After they play us, of course.
    Keep the yams marooned at the bottom of the table.

As far as coming to Hibs. No thanks. Most managers in the SPFL with a lower budget than ours manage to get above us. Lennon has failed to do even this.

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I've just been out for a bevvie with my Saint Mirren pal and he says Lennon is an absolute disaster - tactically clueless - keeps signing midfielders

My pal has been wanting rid of Lennon for a while now...

Remind me why exactly he would be the answer?
    agree

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    Not that I'm advocating that danny lennon gets the hibs gig, but he did set up a st mirren team that actually beat hearts in a national cup final. HiS saints teams also manage to pass the ball to team mates and retain possession better than we do. Maybe he just needs a bigger budget and better players to progress as a manager. Something we could offer him? Just playing devils advocate here !!
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

St Mirren pal hates him. Thinks he's the worst manager ever. Shouldn't get near hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    That would improve our situation right enough.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I wouldn't want him, but i'm 100% sure he'd do a lot better with this bunch of players than Fenlon can.

First Team Breakthrough marti1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I think hadalinewigarry has had one line too many

His team might be doing really poor right now, but they HAVE been a decent outfit that played nice football and created a lot of chances, they HAVE won a national cup at Hampden (beating a team we lose heavily too whenever we play them there).
    Not saying either I'd want him at Hibs, but he's done not too shabby there and I'd wager he turns around St Mirren over Pat at Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    @pieandbov: On a different note I believe Danny Lennon will be leaving #StMirren within the next 48 hours. #SPFL #ScotPrem

So a smaller club with a smaller budget than us, that have won a cup in the last 6 months, are getting rid of their manager before us
    Bigger teams should get rid of their manager first?

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    May I suggest you had more than A Line Wi Garry
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

I'm not saying Danny Lennon is the "answer".

However, he did really well at Cowdenbeath, where he served his apprenticeship. He then got St Mirren playing very good football, kept them in the SPL and won a cup for them. I'm therefore pretty confident with the facilities and resources available at Hibs, that Danny Lennon would be doing a much better job than Pat "The Irish Magician" Fenlon !

The only downside with Danny Lennon is that he looks like one of these old geezers that you often see on an LRT bus......fair to say that he hasn't aged very well !

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

St Mirren sacking Lennon now would be a ridiculous decision. It's kind of understandable that a club that isn't used to winning trophies would have a bit of a lull after winning one (eg Swansea). Obviously they need to snap out of it eventually, but some of the stats presently being used to bash Lennon are absurdly contrived (eg one win in a time period where half the time was close season).

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

stop it, please

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    His team might be doing really poor right now, but they HAVE been a decent outfit that played nice football and created a lot of chances, they HAVE won a national cup at Hampden (beating a team we lose heavily too whenever we play them there).
    Not saying either I'd want him at Hibs, but he's done not too shabby there and I'd wager he turns around St Mirren over Pat at Hibs.
    It's amazing how far we go to paint a great picture of everyone else and only look for the worst in our own.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It's amazing how far we go to paint a great picture of everyone else and only look for the worst in our own.
    I'd say beating Hearts in a cup final was a good result, I'd also say beating Celtic in a cup final as Sheils Kilmarnock team did is also a good result. I'd also like to say our Manager Fenlon had done similar but can't, and that's not to say i'd want either at Hibs.

We don't have to look very far to see what's far from right with our latest incumbent, and its only natural people will compare recent results we have had to managers of other clubs.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think St Mirren fans have a right to demand Danny Lennon's sacking. It is easy for us to say he's won them a trophy and has them playing nice football but it is a results driven business and it is really the league that counts, cup wins are a bonus.

As an outsider looking in, a realistic place for St Mirren to expect to be after three years under a manager is a consolidated SPL club looking to challenge to get into the top 6. I'm not saying not being in the top 6 is a failure for them but they should be at least looking to challenge by now as if ICT, Ross County and St Johnstone can manage it then so can they. I wouldn't even regard Motherwell as a much bigger club than St Mirren.

Makes our own state look even more sorry in that we have been struggling to achieve something in recent seasons (a regular top 6 challenge) that a club like St Mirren could regard as a realistic and achievable aim.

The pure and utter pish-ness of ourselves, Aberdeen and now Hearts in recent times has meant that the top 6 has opened up for more and more of the smaller clubs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    I think St Mirren fans have a right to demand Danny Lennon's sacking. It is easy for us to say he's won them a trophy and has them playing nice football but it is a results driven business and it is really the league that counts, cup wins are a bonus.
    Can't agree that cups are a bonus. Clubs like St. Mirren and Hibs have hee-haw chance of winning the league and cups are the trophy opportunity.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    When St. Mirren first appointed Danny, I couldn't believe it and nearly fell about laughing. I predicted he would be the first sacking of a manager in the SPL that season, fair play to him that he lasted so well.
    However, suggesting he could be the next manager at ER is frying pan and fire stuff, although given R.P's record of appointing managers, nothing would surprise me.
    Personally hope he stays put as like the Yams want P.F. to stay with us, Danny could yet be the man to save us from the drop.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Can't agree that cups are a bonus. Clubs like St. Mirren and Hibs have hee-haw chance of winning the league and cups are the trophy opportunity.
    Sorry, what i meant was is that league form is the true measurement of a manager's capabilities. Winning cups is great and are of course an achievement but consisent and decent progress in the league gives a better long term indication of how a club is doing under a manager.

Of course, if progress and consistency is achieved in the league, fans will then look at the cup records and if they are not great, the manager gets it in the neck for that!

Not sticking up for Fenlon but this is a very good point

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd say beating Hearts in a cup final was a good result, I'd also say beating Celtic in a cup final as Sheils Kilmarnock team did is also a good result. I'd also like to say our Manager Fenlon had done similar but can't, and that's not to say i'd want either at Hibs.

We don't have to look very far to see what's far from right with our latest incumbent, and its only natural people will compare recent results we have had to managers of other clubs.
    this. i think both Sheils and Lennon work on a budget about 1/3 of ours? anyone confirm?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    You need to stop hanging about with Gaz, just say no.

How have I painted a great picture?

True or False: St Mirren played some very decent football, especially in the early part of last season?
    True or False: St Mirren were creating decent chances most weeks
    True or False: They won the LC at Hampden, putting 3 past Hearts

I stated also things are bad for them now, but as he has delivered good football already and also a national cup, I just think St Mirren should be careful what they wish for.
    I also said I wouldn't want him at Hibs.

We are still waiting on our manager, to deliver football or results.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    How have I painted a great picture?

True or False: St Mirren played some very decent football, especially in the early part of last season?
    True or False: St Mirren were creating decent chances most weeks
    True or False: They won the LC at Hampden, putting 3 past Hearts

I stated also things are bad for them now, but as he has delivered good football already and also a national cup, I just think St Mirren should be careful what they wish for.
    I also said I wouldn't want him at Hibs.

We are still waiting on our manager, to deliver football or results.
    Sorry but apart from part 3 that could also be us.