hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Every week there are new excuses.

Fenlon does not know how to put an attractive winning team onto the park, and we are making more and more outlandish excuses every season for our out of depth manager.

Yesterday on the matchday thread, the best one i have seen in a long time over one of his decisions actually made me laugh out loud.

I questioned why he'd ignored Caldwell all season and brought in Hefferman, and why he replaced Vine with Caldwell, when every man and his dog knows Hefferman has been brought in to partner Collins?

And to compound it he takes Collins off and replaces him with Hefferman?

Someone posted it was because he'd only just arrived yesterday, and probably did not know everyones names, now thats a cracker.

What's everyone else's favorite fans excuse you have heard?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fenlon does not know how to put an attractive winning team onto the park, and we are making more and more outlandish excuses every season for our out of depth manager.

Yesterday on the matchday thread, the best one i have seen in a long time over one of his decisions actually made me laugh out loud.

I questioned why he'd ignored Caldwell all season and brought in Hefferman, and why he replaced Vine with Caldwell, when every man and his dog knows Hefferman has been brought in to partner Collins?

Someone posted it was because he'd only just arrived yesterday, and probably did not know everyones names, now thats a cracker.

After two years he's still trying to sort out CC's mess always gets me

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Give it a rest eh. Your constant jibes at fellow fans is snide and tedious. By all means vent your anger at the team like you've always done but give this mobbing lark a rest please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Give it a rest eh. Your constant jibes at fellow fans is snide and tedious. By all means vent your anger at the team like you've always done but give this mobbing lark a rest please.
    Away and bile your heid, this is a message board and i'm commenting on what folk write, its how this thing works?

He's a part time manager who can't handle how big a club Hibs are. LOI is nothing like the SPFL. He's tried and failed its been 2 years and nothing has changed! If anything we are more boring than ever. The lack of goals is unreal.

But hey.... It's still "work in progress". Folk defending him are just to embarrassed to say how wrong they are. Because after that yesterday how anyone can come on here and defend it have there head so far up their arse its scary.

Away and bile your heid, this is a message board and i'm commenting on what folk write, its how this thing works?
    Aye but you've said the same thing on several threads. By all means comment on the opinions of others but constantly ridiculing an individual coz he's not a football guru like you is petty bullying. He's a fellow fan FFS.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He's a part time manager who can't handle how big a club Hibs are. LOI is nothing like the SPFL. He's tried and failed its been 2 years and nothing has changed! If anything we are more boring than ever. The lack of goals is unreal.

But hey.... It's still "work in progress". Folk defending him are just to embarrassed to say how wrong they are. Because after that yesterday how anyone can come on here and defend it have there head so far up their arse its scary.
    There can be no more excuses. The buck stops here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    After two years he's still trying to sort out CC's mess always gets me
    Just out of interest...here's the team that took to the field in Colin Calderwood's last game before being sacked :

Stack
    Hanlon
    O'Hanlon
    Stephens
    Wotherspoon
    Galbraith
    Stevenson (Sub: Towell - 72' )
    Osbourne
    O'Connor (Sub: Sodje - 78' )
    Agogo (Sub: Sproule - 66' )
    Griffiths

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    On the flip side some folks are finding more ways to single out players. This week perplexingly someone offering up Taiwo up for pot-shots after decent form suggests he is a decent player.

Nationality, height (or lack of), beard cultivation they'll get their man - with a dollop of sarcasm and sound-byte tabloidesque headline it's no wonder paper circulation has dipped their thunder stolen.

That said I find Fenlon a man either lacking in ideas or how to translate them onto the pitch with a bunch of time-served professionals. That allied to his seeming inability to influence/change the direction of games leaves us wide open for teams prepare to stick in and have a go. The jury is no longer out. But I'll back the team during the game and let my feelings be known about the performance after the match.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 01-09-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

the hertz youth team have won more games than hibs this season - id like to hear his excuse for that

Aye but you've said the same thing on several threads. By all means comment on the opinions of others but constantly ridiculing an individual coz he's not a football guru like you is petty bullying. He's a fellow fan FFS.
    No, i said it on one other thread, and that gave me the idea for this one. I have been as guilty as anyone. I stuck up for Hughes for long enough, and when looking back made some ridiculous excuses for him?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    10/10

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar

I remember reading the names comment and laughing.

Doesn't seem to phase decent players going into any team.

Many good players don't even speak the language but make an impact.

J

Quote Originally Posted by EK_Hibs View Post
    Just out of interest...here's the team that took to the field in Colin Calderwood's last game before being sacked :

Stack
    Hanlon
    O'Hanlon
    Stephens
    Wotherspoon
    Galbraith
    Osbourne
    Griffiths
    That looks no a bad team TBH

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    The excuses are getting tired and are poor now. Every other team in the league faces the same things as us. We just have a manager who can deal with them and cant set up a team to attack or even create chances.

No, i said it on one other thread, and that gave me the idea for this one. I have been as guilty as anyone. I stuck up for Hughes for long enough, and when looking back made some ridiculous excuses for him?
    Fair dues, I've said my piece and will leave it at that before this decends into the sort of mudslinging I'm moaning about

Fair dues, I've said my piece and will leave it at that before this decends into the sort of mudslinging I'm moaning about

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

It wasn't offered as an excuse but more of an explanation. There are no excuses and I dont think many ave been offered up for. Number of weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    It wasn't offered as an excuse but more of an explanation. There are no excuses and I dont think many ave been offered up for. Number of weeks now.
    You do know every player has their name plastered over the back of their shirts?

First Team Breakthrough MADE IN LEITH's Avatar
    You do know every player has their name plastered over the back of their shirts?
    Got to agree, every player has their name plastered on the back of their shirts, maybe he can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by MADE IN LEITH View Post
    Got to agree, every player has their name plastered on the back of their shirts, maybe he can't read.
    FFS is he's dyslexic that would be the best excuse ever, and could never be topped.

The board (RP) will not sack PF just now (even if we get papped out by Stranraer at home in the MM cup)
    The team will be given till the AGM ,, or when crowds really dwindle below 7k at ER
    Teams need time to gel, however there should be a game plan/formation
    New players coming in should adapt quickly (foreign players exempt)
    If HFC are still playing crap,boring fitba by the 12 th game PF should be replaced
    Bt
    Former season ticket holder
    Now unemployed

Stack
    Hanlon
    O'Hanlon
    Stephens
    Wotherspoon
    Galbraith
    Osbourne
    Griffiths
    Very interesting...

FFS is he's dyslexic that would be the best excuse ever, and could never be topped.
    Not convinced slagging dyslexia is the best approach here

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Not convinced slagging dyslexia is the best approach here
    Im not convinced i was?

Patience the players need time to gel !

Stack-Barnet (English Conference)
    Hanlon-N/A
    O'Hanlon-Carlisle (English League One)
    Stephens-Barnet (English Conference)
    Wotherspoon-St Johnstone (Scottish Premiership)
    Galbraith-Limerick (Irish Premier League)
    Stevenson-N/A (Sub: Towell - 72' )-Dundalk (Irish Premier League)
    Osbourne-Blackpool (English Championship)
    O'Connor-Unemployed (Sub: Sodje - 78' )-Tranmere (English League One)
    Agogo-Retired (Sub: Sproule - 66' )-Ross County (Scottish Premiership)
    Griffiths-Wolves (English League One)
    I quite like to look at where former players have ended up in discussions like this, to see what kind of players we had.

Out of all those players, I would say that only Isaiah Osbourne is now playing at a higher level than when he was at Hibs. I think that speaks volumes.

Im not convinced i was?
    Maybe just me that picked that up then. I'm possibly over sensitive on that subject. (Dyslexia, not slagging Fenlon)

Out of curiosity , is blaming the manager all the time considered the only acceptable excuse here for not playing attractive and winning football ? If so , presumably folk have lots of ideas for managers who`ll bring back glory days ?

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I quite like to look at where former players have ended up in discussions like this, to see what kind of players we had.

Out of all those players, I would say that only Isaiah Osbourne is now playing at a higher level than when he was at Hibs. I think that speaks volumes.
    Very interesting. So what is the outcome of this analysis then, are we ruining players careers or are the players we are bringing in at the last chance saloon and they failed?