hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar

Shocking Statistic

One goal in four home competitive matches this season. That goal came about from a red card incident.

Absolutely shocking stuff, how long are we going to allow Fenlon to continue in this vein? The board yet again are cornered into backing a man who clearly shouldn't be managing the club.

Absolute howler in appointing Fenlon and an even bigger howler backing him with all the signings when he is clearly not a very good manager.

The board don't have a leg to stand on when the inevitable happens..... Eventually!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Four games is not evidence it's anecdote

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Four games is not evidence it's anecdote
    How come? We have played 4 home matches and scored in one, the evidence is pretty damning id say. Throw into the fact the way we are playing and how unlikely we look to score and hey presto!

How many chances have we created at home this season? One for Collins? Robertson's goal was a great strike but didn't come from good build up play.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    How come? We have played 4 home matches and scored in one, the evidence is pretty damning id say. Throw into the fact the way we are playing and how unlikely we look to score and hey presto!
    Let's see where we are after we've played everyone once. Then you can draw conclusions about the team's performance.

Now that is you being selective though isnt it? 1 goal in 4 games simple stat and hard fact.. Hopeless, toothless, and clueless ...

think a more telling stat is that Fenlon's win record at ER is now at a stunning 22%

at least i heard this yesterday

We don't create chances under Fenlon so we are not going to score goals. With so many players coming and going under Fenlon I'm staggered that this is still the case.

I thought it was significant in the very first league game when McCall made changes specifically designed to win the game and lo and behold, Motherwell won the game. Fenlon just stood by and hoped for a nil nil draw. Telling.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    We don't create chances under Fenlon so we are not going to score goals. With so many players coming and going under Fenlon I'm staggered that this is still the case.

I thought it was significant in the very first league game when McCall made changes specifically designed to win the game and lo and behold, Motherwell won the game. Fenlon just stood by and hoped for a nil nil draw. Telling.
    Or maybe Fenlon didn't believe the players on his bench could actually win the game in the way motherwells did?

We have our squad in place now and while its been a bit of a slow drab start to the season I'm defo for letting the team settle and see where we are in a month or two....teams form in August is rarely an indicator of their season.

We've won one home league game in 2013......yes, that's right, ONE game.

Pat Fenlon: gatherer of Hibernians worst ever stats

Let's see where we are after we've played everyone once. Then you can draw conclusions about the team's performance.
    One league win at Easter Road in the calendar year and you think we should WAIT to draw conclusions?

Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post

we could have Van Nistelrooy in his prime up front just now and wouldnt score. Dont create any chances. Hoping this french boy can unlock something, otherwise we are waiting for Harris to come back

Anyone know a good site that shows last years results and previous year. My mate and I are season ticket holders but reckon we may have seen 4-5 wins in last 2.5 years as we have missed the odd game.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Anyone know a good site that shows last years results and previous year. My mate and I are season ticket holders but reckon we may have seen 4-5 wins in last 2.5 years as we have missed the odd game.
    iHibs but I warn anyone not to check our home record over the last 4 years.

Inept doesn't even come close.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Teams can come to ER in the knowledge that one goal will be good enough to take the three points.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post

That really is a horrible stat and, on its own, very compelling.

However, he's also the first manager to get us to consecutive Scottish Cup finals.

It does seem to me, though, that a different manager would be able to get a lot more out of the current squad.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
    iHibs but I warn anyone not to check our home record over the last 4 years.

Inept doesn't even come close.
    I've worked out Fenlon's home league record as W8 D13 L12. Abysmal.

One league game in 2013? I didn't think it was as good as that :D

That really is a shocking stat and backs up how terribly defensive he is and he's even crap at that.

This stat alone should see him sacked.

We literally wait the best part of an hour between chances

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    We haven't scored a goal in the first half of games this season. 7 competitive games. Surely there is an issue with that?!

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    We haven't scored a goal in the first half of games this season. 7 competitive games. Surely there is an issue with that?!

The issue is Pat Fenlon is now so scared to lose a game that attacking is the last thing on his mind. 'Keep it tight" will be his weekly training mantra.

Further to above, the ONE league game we did win was the dead rubber last game of the season v Dundee with a late Wotherspoon winner. We did of course pummel Aberdeen 1-0 in the cup in February............

He must have a worse record than Calderwood by now (ratio wise)?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
    The issue is Pat Fenlon is now so scared to lose a game that attacking is the last thing on his mind. 'Keep it tight" will be his weekly training mantra.
    Even the basics are missing from this team. It's like the movement has been coached out of them. Only one team trying to win that game last twenty minutes

4 - home league wins in 2010/11
    2 - home league wins in 2011/12
    7 - home league wins in 2012/13
    nil - home league wins in 2013/14

A number of these wins BTW came when we ended up in the bottom 6 and were meaningless!
    Last edited by GoldenEagle; 01-09-2013 at 11:45 AM.

I posted this on another thread:

Following the league cup success in season 2006-07, the preceding 6 season’s performances at home in the SPL make pretty dire reading.

If you include this season’s defeat to Motherwell, Hibs have played 115 home SPL ties since the beginning of season 2007/08. From those fixtures there have been:

39 wins (19 by a 2 or more goal margin)
    40 losses (15 by a 2 or more goal margin)*
    36 draws.

The team has failed to score in 32 of the 115 matches.

When taking an average season ticket price of £390 over the 6 season’s = £2340 this equates to £60 per win or £15.29 per point if you include drawn matches. Supporters have been short changed for too long now with little signs of improvement or value for their money.

Going to watch your football team on a Saturday afternoon should be entertaining, not a chore
    If you add in the Dundee Utd & Ross County results the stats have got even worse!
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Now that is you being selective though isnt it? 1 goal in 4 games simple stat and hard fact.. Hopeless, toothless, and clueless ...
    Fenlon may well be hopeless but no sensible employer is going to sack someone when there is still a chance for improvement. Four games is too soon to tell whether this years team is likely to perform to an acceptable standard.

Fenlon may well be hopeless but no sensible employer is going to sack someone when there is still a chance for improvement. Four games is too soon to tell whether this years team is likely to perform to an acceptable standard.
    I asked this before I don't think you replied, on what evidence over the games played so far makes you think Fenlon will change this team into a winning one when all he's done in 2 years and the facts are there in black and white is defend like mad and play hoof ball. When we do have it, and try to move it up the park it's at a pace where I could go for a pee order a coke and drink it before returning to my seat and we still won't have passed the half way line.

Why can't you admit what is clear to the most green tinted fans that he's not good enough and either is the way we play.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    A site called 'Statto'. Excellent stuff you can even get league tables after historical results. On phone or would give you exact web address.

Okay then, lets forget the 1 goal in 4 home games. Lets take the away games into account here, that equates to 7 matches now. If there was inconsistency in our performances then id say you had a point in waiting longer in forming an opinion. The problem here is we are 100 per cent consistent, consistently rubbish, rubbish football, rubbish tactics generally just utter rubbish. We dont play passages of football, we just lump the ball or when we do have it on the deck, we turn back the way and either lose possesion or we lump the ball again., it isnt even like we are set up to be good at doing that, Fenlon is hopeless and we have been dire to watch for the past ten months, you could argue a lot longer too.

If you or anyone else for that matter thinks that things are going to improve given time, then im sorry but you dont have a clue, or the slightest understanding of the game, or you are actually pat fenlon???