hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Pat Fenlon Has To Go (post Ross County, merged)

Yes, I would rather go to the cinema than watch another 90 minutes of that utter crap!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i have to be honest, i questioned myself wtf i even went today at least we tried i guess, that ****** Ross county goalkeeper was playing for time from the minute he got his first touch, he would give it a wee kick out...then stop again...then a wee touch more...then stop again i certainly widnae pay money tae watch that team week in week out, anyway.. 2 points out of a possible 9 at home...just not good enough Mr fenlon, fs a team at the bottom of league one put 3 goals past them midweek

Left by mutual consent!
    I didn't realise Blobby now manages in the Kenyan Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i have to be honest, i questioned myself wtf i even went today at least we tried i guess, that ****** Ross county goalkeeper was playing for time from the minute he got his first touch, he would give it a wee kick out...then stop again...then a wee touch more...then stop again i certainly widnae pay money tae watch that team week in week out, anyway.. 2 points out of a possible 9 at home...just not good enough Mr fenlon, fs a team at the bottom of league one put 3 goals past them midweek
    Ross County keeper was our ex keeper Mark Brown! Remember the one who struggled to kick the ball - did we ever put him under any pressure today ?

Dire stuff today!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenStar View Post
    Ross County keeper was our ex keeper Mark Brown! Remember the one who struggled to kick the ball - did we ever put him under any pressure today ?

Dire stuff today!

didn't realise that, i was far too high up in row HH, i swear it was snowing at one point he was obviously doing what adams wanted him to do...slow the game right down and frustrate all of ER, fair enough if they were hanging on for a win wotever but he done the same thing from the 1st touch he got of the ball...dreadful to watch

Lets not blame Brown for time wasting, he didn't have a save to make and the amount of wayward passes and backward passing we wasted more time, if it wasn't for them missing two of the worst misses you will see we would have been easily beaten

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Soul destroying

As someone who backed fenlon all the way last season I just can't comprehend how bad we are playing right now. There was absolutely nothing on show today that led me to believe that we are a team capable of producing a decent performance. I watched the mothwrwell match in the pub and it was everything our game wasn't. I really hate being negative about the team I support but how long can this be allowed to continue.

It's already too long.. He should have been pumped after the disgraceful 0-7

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stewpot View Post
    It's already too long.. He should have been pumped after the disgraceful 0-7
    100%

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I'm much the same. I really hoped Pat would demonstrate progress this season and was optimistic, despite the way last season fell away from new year. However, it hasn't happened hitherto. Indeed we're regressing if anything and it's becoming painful. The style of play is as worrying as the results.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    James McPake had a go on Hibs tv when people booed at the end. What message does it send out when the club captain is arguing that the fans should be happy with 0-0 at home against Ross County with eye-bleeding "football" and one attempt on target during the whole game? It's difficult to keep believing that Fenlon will get there eventually, simply because after all this time, there is no evidence to suggest that he will. If anything, it's the opposite.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Pat Fenlon Has To Go.

Boring negative football from our manager, nothing is changing and today has to go down as one of the most boring games to be seen at ER in a long time, FFS we are at home and we have one shot on goal in the 90 minutes, simply just not good enough, going to be another long season if Fenlon is in charge, he just has to go so we can bring in a new manager now, not when we are struggling at the bottom of the league and that is where Fenlon will take us..

for Pat Fenlon.

@hibs.net private member AndyB_70's Avatar
    Mountcastle (don't tell anyone I've left Leith)
    Can't disagree with any of that

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I'm much the same. I really hoped Pat would demonstrate progress this season and was optimistic, despite the way last season fell away from new year. However, it hasn't happened hitherto. Indeed we're regressing if anything and it's becoming painful. The style of play is as worrying as the results.
    For me the style of play is more worrying than the results.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    James McPake had a go on Hibs tv when people booed at the end. What message does it send out when the club captain is arguing that the fans should be happy with 0-0 at home against Ross County with eye-bleeding "football" and one attempt on target during the whole game? It's difficult to keep believing that Fenlon will get there eventually, simply because after all this time, there is no evidence to suggest that he will. If anything, it's the opposite.

What did he say like? Did he really expect us to be cheering them off after creating one half chance against Ross County at home!?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Don't disagree, I'm starting to get quite hostile towards him in the same way I was towards calderwood, wish he'd just **** off and take his boring defensive football with him.

Unfortunately he won't be going anywhere soon though considering how well the board have backed him this window.

First Team Regular
    I would agree, I think we have chopped and change managers enough but sadly we need to do it again

We look like we have one of those squads who will struggle under the current manager then a new guy will come in and it will click.

Hopefully it's not to late though

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    For me the style of play is more worrying than the results.
    Agreed. We play like a ship with it's ar$e grounded.

I backed him from day 1, but had enough now, can't speak for anyone else but I'm turning up out of duty rather than turning up knowing I'm going to be entertained, he has to go.

First Team Breakthrough Jonny1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jonny1875
    I think apart from a couple of times last season we've become an exceptionally boring team to watch since Pat took over as well as not getting the results.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Wasting your time SH, most folk want him out but if you suggest anything other than supporting the team, you are like someone with two heads.

Doing nothing is the way forward apparently, and that's exactly what i did today. Even if there was an organised protest arranged for the next game, with everyone thats left there i wouldn't bother my arse going.

Obviously i still care about the team, but its getting less and less as the weeks go on.

aye what did McPake say? Fair enough defending his teammates but he has been per of a dreadful Hibs team too

No flair, creativity, width or pace despite 10 signings.

No bravery to try something different and no desire to change things when they are not working.

No willingness to have a go with 20 mins to go in a game at home against Ross County.

Which leaves.....

.....no reason to turn up every second week, no reason to feel proud about your club and leads to ultimately no hope.

Fenlon will go, we all know he will but we have two more months of this.

Can someone set up a poll ?

Not a knee jerk reaction - the performances are dire - if you can't see that and the lack of progression you need to get yourself to specsavers!

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    As someone who backed fenlon all the way last season I just can't comprehend how bad we are playing right now. There was absolutely nothing on show today that led me to believe that we are a team capable of producing a decent performance. I watched the mothwrwell match in the pub and it was everything our game wasn't. I really hate being negative about the team I support but how long can this be allowed to continue.
    Spot on.

Decided not to go back after the Hearts game until hes away. Looks like ive not missed much going by the same threads after every game.

The squad on paper is a top4 squad but fenlon has a way of sucking the ability and belief out of players.

Also if thats mcPake moaning about the fans not happy with another drab performance then the expectations of the manager and players is alot lower than the fans.

What did he say?

Personally, I'm not one for booing the team but I can't blame anyone who did boo at the end of the game today.

It was boring, uninspiring, eye bleeding, mind numbing and 90 minutes of my life that would have been better spent getting my teeth extracted by a pair of pliers.

I suppose as long as we are prepared to turn up and take it like the sheep we are, then Fenlon will keep dishing it out.

Pathetic, boring, rubbish.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Same old, same old , nothing ever changes and like it or not we're well and truly stuck with the guy until the end of the season.

It's all very depressing and it mystifies me why the Board can't see the damage that he's inflicting on OUR club.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    A massive banner maybe in S43?