hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Curry and a pint

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20...262950_3429810

Anyone going?

Anyone go to the comedy one at the last home game? was it busy? value for money?

£80 for a non season ticket holder seems a bit daylight robbery?

Even £50 is a bit much, could grab a Shapla and peev on easter road for a fraction of the price after the game

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I guess you could go and watch a game down at Leith Links instead of paying to get into Easter Road too if you really want to cut down the costs

ALL procedes going to the managers transfer fund.

Honest

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Opened the thread expecting to find it was referring to the players pre-match meal.
    Last edited by jeffers; 22-08-2013 at 10:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    £50.00 for a ST holder for a pint and a meal, I know I'm daft for supporting Hibs but not that daft.

That is an absolute rip-off.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Looks a rip off to me. I'll make a curry and offer supporters a fridge full of beer for a tenner a head :

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks a rip off to me. I'll make a curry and offer supporters a fridge full of beer for a tenner a head :
    prefer lager!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1068gary View Post
    prefer lager!
    You're no invited ;)

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    You really have to wonder who at Hibs genuinely believes something like this offers value.

I mean honestly.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    You really have to wonder who at Hibs genuinely believes something like this offers value.

I mean honestly.
    Rod petrie.

A 50 pence piece is worth 50 pence. But in Rodders hand, it's worth a pound.

First Team Breakthrough DanHFC1875's Avatar
    Better off at the spicy rainbow, decent curry and won't have to watch Fenlon trying to redeem himself.... Like that is possible. Want hibs to do the damage every week. Is Fenlons card marked? I think so. Will we plaay well? I doubt it. The enternal pesimist.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    No doubt a school-dinner style cooked-en-masse curry which could be easily put in the shade by somewhere like Khushis at a fraction of the price.

Mind you, given some of experiences on this thread: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...store-(merged) - it seems Hibs are just ever-reliant on blind customer loyalty irrespective of the lack of quality in the product / service on offer.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post

Anyone going?

Anyone go to the comedy one at the last home game? was it busy? value for money?

Even £50 is a bit much, could grab a Shapla and peev on easter road for a fraction of the price after the game
    50 quid, could have a meal and 10 pints of real beer in the pub round the corner for that, total rip off. The ***** fitba I've already paid for.

Still they have nae problems trying tae communicate about anything when they want folks dosh.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 22-08-2013 at 06:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    It's getting to the stage where they'd have to pay me the £50 to watch Hibs at ER. I'll pass.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I'm just pleased the club are finally pro actively tying New ideas, I think a corporate package is normally about 50 quid for a game is it not? If so, what's the harm in them promoting this idea and tying it in with the mella festival?

I'm fairly critical of all things hibs just now but we've got to renember we still need to try and make money.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I'm just pleased the club are finally pro actively tying New ideas, I think a corporate package is normally about 50 quid for a game is it not? If so, what's the harm in them promoting this idea and tying it in with the mella festival?

I'm fairly critical of all things hibs just now but we've got to renember we still need to try and make money.
    If you want tae make money, you have tae have something worth selling. 50 quid for a pint of **** lager, a cheap curry and a seat at the other side of the stadium watching the same pish I've already paid for.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 22-08-2013 at 07:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    If you want tae make money, you have tae have something worth selling. 50 quid for a pint of **** lager, a cheap curry and a seat at the other side of the stadium watching the same pish I've already paid for.
    Aye but that's just what going for a 'corporate day' is really, its not for me but I think its quite popular with some folk and they'd normally pay about 50 quid for it so what's the harm in the club promoting it?

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar

Left by mutual consent!
    Aye but that's just what going for a 'corporate day' is really, its not for me but I think its quite popular with some folk and they'd normally pay about 50 quid for it so what's the harm in the club promoting it?
    Be better if they spent mair time and effort concentrating on puting something on the park that was worth promoting! Then they could spend less time trying tae think of ways tae rip folk off tae make up lost revenues from falling gates.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 22-08-2013 at 07:32 PM.

80quid.. for Potential new investors / customers.. But - It Does also mention that you get Half-Time Snacks..

It's even getting to the stage where our hospitality is ripped to shreds and used as a stick to beat the club with.

The "we don't accept mediocrity" revolution on the internet is gathering momentum at every opportunity. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Opened the thread expecting to find it was referring to the players per-match meal.
    Well if that's Rod's bonus scheme, no wonder the performances.

First Team Breakthrough MADE IN LEITH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post

Anyone going?

The Reality
    We get ripped off in this country and Scottish Football is not value for money. In Edinburgh we get ripped off for a fish supper which is around £7, go to Glasgow and you can get it for £5. Taxi's are at least 30% more expensive in Edinburgh than anywhere else in Scotland. House prices are a joke and a pint up the Toon is a complete rip off. The best laugh about it is that the wages are a joke in this country. How much for a season ticket at Easter Rd, well that's quite a small little fortune also.

Performance Related Season Tickets (A pipe dream?)
    Bottom line is that if Hibs or any other Team for that matter have a poor season, then I think all season ticket holders should get a rebate when renewing it for next season because the previous seasons season ticket was poor value for money. After all, when the players play well they get a bonus hence why shouldn't we be recompensed when we have to suffer watching poor performances on the park. Hence, the lower they finish at the end of the season the bigger the rebate to the renewing season ticket holders. This may sound a bit OTT but think about this, if your team went into Division 1 would YOU expect to pay Premiership prices? No.

The fact is that I don't expect to watch my team in the Scottish Premiership play Division 1 football and have to pay top dollar for it.

Is this really a pipe dream?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    It's even getting to the stage where our hospitality is ripped to shreds and used as a stick to beat the club with.

The "we don't accept mediocrity" revolution on the internet is gathering momentum at every opportunity. :-)
    Look further down. We are to blame for the hike in chips as well! The famine may be over but a £7 supper and an extortionate taxi later....... Still we suffer.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Nobody is getting frogmarched into hospitality to forcibly pay £50 for pint of Tennents and a curry. It`s not something that I can afford, nor is it something that really appeals to me either, but if folk are happy enough to pay such a price for offers like this, then great. Hopefully the offer will be subscribed in decent enough numbers to deem it a worthwhile exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Nobody is getting frogmarched into hospitality to forcibly pay £50 for pint of Tennents and a curry. It`s not something that I can afford, nor is it something that really appeals to me either, but if folk are happy enough to pay such a price for offers like this, then great. Hopefully the offer will be subscribed in decent enough numbers to deem it a worthwhile exercise.
    It does seem a bit excessive but I agree with this.

The costs are clearly laid out on that article and no-one's being forced to take it up.

It's not my cup of tea but there will be people who will go along and pay the money for that.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MADE IN LEITH View Post
    The Reality
    We get ripped off in this country and Scottish Football is not value for money. In Edinburgh we get ripped off for a fish supper which is around £7, go to Glasgow and you can get it for £5. Taxi's are at least 30% more expensive in Edinburgh than anywhere else in Scotland. House prices are a joke and a pint up the Toon is a complete rip off. The best laugh about it is that the wages are a joke in this country. How much for a season ticket at Easter Rd, well that's quite a small little fortune also.

Performance Related Season Tickets (A pipe dream?)
    Bottom line is that if Hibs or any other Team for that matter have a poor season, then I think all season ticket holders should get a rebate when renewing it for next season because the previous seasons season ticket was poor value for money. After all, when the players play well they get a bonus hence why shouldn't we be recompensed when we have to suffer watching poor performances on the park. Hence, the lower they finish at the end of the season the bigger the rebate to the renewing season ticket holders. This may sound a bit OTT but think about this, if your team went into Division 1 would YOU expect to pay Premiership prices? No.

The fact is that I don't expect to watch my team in the Scottish Premiership play Division 1 football and have to pay top dollar for it.

Is this really a pipe dream?
    Did you just make up those figures as you were typing. Can you show any evidence that edinburgh taxis are 30% more expensive than anywhere else in scotland, or that fish suppers are £2 cheaper in glasgow.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Did you just make up those figures as you were typing. Can you show any evidence that edinburgh taxis are 30% more expensive than anywhere else in scotland, or that fish suppers are £2 cheaper in glasgow.
    Edinburgh's the 2nd most expensive city in the UK next to London. So those figures aren't unrealistic.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Edinburgh's the 2nd most expensive city in the UK next to London. So those figures aren't unrealistic.
    In what way is edinburgh the 2nd most expensive city in britain? As for his figures , they are completely made up.