hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Keeping pressure on the board/manager.

Now the Q&A has been done and dusted, and i'm pretty sure nobody bar Gerard has come away impressed with what Petrie had to say.

What happens now, do we accept it and get back to watching Hibs or do we keep the pressure up for a change of manager?

90 odd percent want rid of him, yet the club are backing him 100%. There's lots folk can do to keep the pressure up, personally i want Petrie and Fenlon out but realise that seems miles away from happening.

Personally i'm out for a while and would never tell another fan to stop attending. So what's it to be for you, protests, non attendance or nothing?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'll keep going along when I can make it. Honestly can't help myself. .. perhaps a bit like Gerard in that I always try to see the best of the situation. I still think we'll get better this season, that may be the blind loyalty talking but time will tell. Every Saturday afternoon at 2:30 (or Friday or Sunday or Monday - you know what I mean) I manage to convince myself that we can't lose and that by not going I'd maybe miss something spectacular.
    Oh, Blackpool - I found something we agree on, was reading your comments on the celtic game and was thinking the exact same. Must be at least the 2nd time in 5 years ;-)

Go to the games and support the team. The Board have given an answer, like it or not (vast majority not) but an answer nonetheless.

If it improves great, if not the Board will have to re-consider the position & so will I. For now I'll be going along to support - but each to their own, people not going and having had enough is wholly understandable.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Protests inside the stadium.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Apparently we sign players who are too afraid to perform in front of large crowds.

Perhaps we could help the team win by staying away then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently we sign players who are too afraid to perform in front of large crowds.

If the fans that stay away are the same ones that moan, shout and get on thr players backs the minute they do something wrong then I'd be delighted.

I'm sure the players would be too.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    If the fans that stay away are the same ones that moan, shout and get on thr players backs the minute they do something wrong then I'd be delighted.

Aye, because it's unusual to moan and shout at players when they make school boy errors. I'm sure Hibs fans are the only fans in the world that do this...

Aye, because it's unusual to moan and shout at players when they make school boy errors. I'm sure Hibs fans are the only fans in the world that do this...
    I don't know about it being unusual but it certainly isn't helpful.

Players are human beings, not robots.

I don't know about it being unusual but it certainly isn't helpful.

Players are human beings, not robots.
    Players are players. They should be capable of doing what they're paid to do. If they can't pull it off, then they shouldn't be here. If a football player doesn't expect to get stick when they make a mistake, then they've signed up for the wrong profession. Players (like referees) will get stick when they make nonsense mistakes. They're not above criticism.

A true professional will pick themselves up when they're criticized and will be determined to do better. If a player gets all teary eyed about some booing from the stands, then they're a loser, a soft touch who I want nowhere near this club.
    Last edited by Hibercelona; 22-08-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Players are players. They should be capable of doing what they're paid to do. If they can't pull it off, then they shouldn't be here. If a football player doesn't expect to get stick when they make a mistake, then they've signed up for the wrong profession. Players (like referees) will get stick when they make nonsense mistakes. They're not above criticism.

A true professional will pick themselves up when they're criticized and will be determined to do better. If a player gets all teary eyed about some booing from the stands, then they're a loser, a soft touch who I want nowhere near this club.
    It's clear you expect very high standards from players and have certain demands. No offence to you mate but it's quite depressing reading that.

It's a game of football! It should be fun.
    Last edited by Pete; 22-08-2013 at 04:11 AM.

Having bought a season ticket for the first time Im going to go to as many games as possible. Given the board are backing Fenlon, Im going to try and support the team as much as possible. January and the end of the season look to be the next opportunities for a change. Ill wait to see where we are at these points. I dont think PF has got what it takes, but getting in someone who does will require some groundwork. We've said it before, but our next appointment really has to be a good one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Now the Q&A has been done and dusted, and i'm pretty sure nobody bar Gerard has come away impressed with what Petrie had to say.

What happens now, do we accept it and get back to watching Hibs or do we keep the pressure up for a change of manager?

90 odd percent want rid of him, yet the club are backing him 100%. There's lots folk can do to keep the pressure up, personally i want Petrie and Fenlon out but realise that seems miles away from happening.

Personally i'm out for a while and would never tell another fan to stop attending. So what's it to be for you, protests, non attendance or nothing?
    Two more Q&A's to go, so we might as well wait and see what's said

Left by mutual consent!

What if it's the ones that dinnae, what if it's the ones who back the team but who are just getting fed up of the guff on offer and the seemingly endless list of excuses made for it.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 22-08-2013 at 07:39 AM.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Fenlon has the full backing of the board.

Football speak for "he's not got long"

When is the next A G M ???
    Now that RP knows that the majority (was it mentioned that 95pc wants PF gone),results do not improve, RP will have his statement already typed up

Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    When is the next A G M ???
    Now that RP knows that the majority (was it mentioned that 95pc wants PF gone),results do not improve, RP will have his statement already typed up
    Don't think it's been announced yet, but last night's propaganda statement on the official site referred to "the Annual General Meeting which is held in early October".

As regards Fenlon, he will continue to have the 100% public backing of the Board right up to the point that there is an announcement that he's left by "mutual consent". No-one should be surprised by that public backing.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Two more Q&A's to go, so we might as well wait and see what's said
    My guess is the next one will be around February, and the last one in June.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post

@hibs.net private member
    But it's not fun for us who have to watch the garbage performances every week.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    As an ST holder, I will continue to go to the games, offer my full support, and hope for the best - can't say I'm looking forward to it though.

It's clear you expect very high standards from players and have certain demands. No offence to you mate but it's quite depressing reading that.

That is just it, they aren't high standards. I've no had much fun as a Hibs supporter over the last few years

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I think it is unusual, most decent fans will say nowt or encourage and support them.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post

Yep the dreaded vote of confidence.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    As an ST holder, I will continue to go to the games, offer my full support, and hope for the best - can't say I'm looking forward to it though.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar

And fans should support their team.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    So the board have gave Fenlon the dreaded vote of confidence !
    Does this mean Killie will horse us on sat ?

Ggtth

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Get on board with lwt. Despite a few recent comments to the contrary on here, it is a superb vehicle to directly influence the management at the club and take action in a meaningful and constructive way.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

I've no problem with the Hibs Board backing Fenlon - none at all. The only thing I ask now is that the Hibs Board come out and state 100% clearly what they think Fenlon's targets are for the team (top 6, top4 ?, cup final, europe ?) and what the repercussions are for him AND the Hibs Board if he fails to achieve those goals. It's called accountability.

What irks me most is that the Hibs Board just hide in their offices and make these huge decisions for the club, with no accountability. Simply not good enough.

Oh, of course we keep the pressure on. We get that chance every home game when Fenlon's team take the field to try win a game.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar

Or we get a manager that can identify players who can handle playing for Hibs!!!! If we have players that can't hack playing for us, get them to £^€$.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Ive never heard you booing the team yet ! Your always moaning at me for doing it tho ! :-)