hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Calling an EGM to remove Rod?

As a shareholder, does anyone know how to go about calling a EGM and a vote of no confidence in the Chairman. It is a given i/we would lose but it would give us a chance to vent our anger at how the club is being run.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a shareholder, does anyone know how to go about calling a EGM and a vote of no confidence in the Chairman. It is a given i/we would lose but it would give us a chance to vent our anger at how the club is being run.
    Good suggestion.

AGM pack prob be out in a month. You can get a motion formally raised at the meeting. You will need a shareholder to second it. You have to do this in advance of the meeting.

As you say no chance of succeding but on a show of hands in the room gets point over to STF.

Interesting idea

Quote Originally Posted by Weir7 View Post
    Good suggestion.

AGM pack prob be out in a month. You can get a motion formally raised at the meeting. You will need a shareholder to second it. You have to do this in advance of the meeting.

As you say no chance of succeding but on a show of hands in the room gets point over to STF.

Have to say this is an idea worth taking forward,

It is a tactic that may indeed send a message to the Owner,the board and,of course,RP, in a language they understand. IMHO

Go for it, seems a good way of getting the point across

Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Go for it, seems a good way of getting the point across
    and replace him with what?

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    It will fail. It would be purely a symbolic act. I reckon that it's a pretty good idea personally.

I think it's a good idea. As others have said there is no chance of it happening but we need to start showing out feelings in a different manner. The booing and abuse from the stands and reduction in crowds over the last few don't seem to have made any difference to the club.

Given Tom Farmers opinion of Rod I think the EGM itself would be interesting if such a motion was raised. He's come out fighting to defend him in the past and I don't think he'd take kindly to having his authority challenged on it. Regardless I feel as a sign of protest its worth exploring.

If memory serves correct you need 5 or 10% of shareholders to agree to it (calling an egm). Unless you can enlist STF or rod petrie; it ain't gonna happen

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I would like to see someone like John Collins on the board for the football side of things and that alone. Rod should be moved to purely dealing on a non-customer facing (fans) role.

The acceptance from the board on the position of the club at this time is nothing short of disgusting. I took the wife with me on Saturday to the game, comment from her "why do they keep going the wrong way"!

The whole game was a shambles and united should have been 3 or 4 up in the first 35 mins, I feel for guys like Mullen who get no help from who is in front of them.

A huge change required and only wish I had the answers... But agree Rod needs moved on, what I would say is would like him controlling finances, remember Pat has had a huge turnover of playing staff, not Rods fault he keeps replacing strikers for defensive midfielders

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCHibby View Post
    I would like to see someone like John Collins on the board for the football side of things and that alone. Rod should be moved to purely dealing on a non-customer facing (fans) role.

The acceptance from the board on the position of the club at this time is nothing short of disgusting. I took the wife with me on Saturday to the game, comment from her "why do they keep going the wrong way"!

The whole game was a shambles and united should have been 3 or 4 up in the first 35 mins, I feel for guys like Mullen who get no help from who is in front of them.

A huge change required and only wish I had the answers... But agree Rod needs moved on, what I would say is would like him controlling finances, remember Pat has had a huge turnover of playing staff, not Rods fault he keeps replacing strikers for defensive midfielders
    May I ask what qualifies John Collins for a director of football role in your opinion JChibby ?
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCHibby View Post
    "JC"Hibby eh?

In all seriousness, I don't see why it should fail. Surely Farmer has noticed that we've been running at a lose over the last several years?

So if the product on the pitch is poor and we're running up loses on the accounts. What is Rod Petrie actually doing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    "JC"Hibby eh?

In all seriousness, I don't see why it should fail. Surely Farmer has noticed that we've been running at a lose over the last several years?

So if the product on the pitch is poor and we're running up loses on the accounts. What is Rod Petrie actually doing right?
    He sold all the young lads when we had good players

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    "JC"Hibby eh?

Not so.

2 years.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    May I ask what qualifies John Collins for a director of football role in your opinion JChibby ?
    What qualifies Petrie tae pick managers?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Not so.

2 years.
    I'm sorry. We scraped a break even somewhere inbetween.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    If memory serves correct you need 5 or 10% of shareholders to agree to it (calling an egm). Unless you can enlist STF or rod petrie; it ain't gonna happen
    It's 10%.

Extraordinary General Meetings
    An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) is any meeting other than an Annual General Meeting (AGM). The directors may call general meetings when they wish (CA 2006, sec302) and must call a meeting of members holding one-tenth if the voting shares or one-tenth of the voting rights request one (sec303 - sec304). If the directors do not call a meeting when so required, the members can call one themselves (sec305). If all else fails, the court can call a meeting (sec306).

You are wrong.

We made losses in each of the past 2 years. In the previous 6, we made a profit.

Name me a few SPL or whatever we are now clubs that run at a profit ?
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Nothing at all, However it is his job

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Nothing at all, However it is his job
    Aye and if anybody else did their job that badly they'd have been emptied long since but with him and his ego it's always everybody else's fault and everybody else that carries the can. He's got nae shame, if he had any he'd have gone efter his monumental blunder with Colin Deadwood.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 19-08-2013 at 01:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    He sold all the young lads when we had good players
    None of whom wanted to stay. He did what was best for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenblood70 View Post
    Given Tom Farmers opinion of Rod I think the EGM itself would be interesting if such a motion was raised. He's come out fighting to defend him in the past and I don't think he'd take kindly to having his authority challenged on it. Regardless I feel as a sign of protest its worth exploring.
    Someone should ask STF at the meeting what he thinks of our last half dozen performances or WHY he thinks people should continue to pay good money to watch HIS football club. I can guarantee he would be unable to answer without a pre-briefing or deferring to Petrie. That alone puts STF's opinion into perspective. Yes he call the shots, but with very selective knowledge of the footballing side of the business - heavily skewed with Petrie's take on things.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    What qualifies RP to pick a DoF?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    What qualifies RP to pick a DoF?
    Put simply, we need Petrie out of the club or at least removed as a full time employee (financial consultant would be ok). Petrie's got STF's ear and will continue to hold power at Hibs if he remains. No DOF, replacement chair or Board will be able to operate effectively with RP in the background.

@hibs.net private member
    Whilst the board should accountable it was not RP who picked PF. The 2 that did have been moved on. The club needs a manager who can actually motivate and set the team up correctly. My biggest critism of RP the board has been the wasteful way that PF has been allowed to sign so many defensive midfielders.

Left by mutual consent!

Petrie Out

Well, i may have to wait until the AGM and raise it under "any other business" and hope to get a seconder from the floor. A football man in charge of ALL football stuff. Dalglish ? George Graham ? Alan Brazil ? Steve Archibald ? Any more who may take up this job ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Whilst the board should accountable it was not RP who picked PF. The 2 that did have been moved on. The club needs a manager who can actually motivate and set the team up correctly. My biggest critism of RP the board has been the wasteful way that PF has been allowed to sign so many defensive midfielders.
    The other 2 “lead the search”. That's the public view given by Rod.

Rod is the don. He decides. Watch the press conf when Fenlon was annouced. You will see what Rod said.

Also, Fenlon was close to getting job when CC got it.

Spot on re mix of squad. For me that's why you need a D of F. Rod will say he can't challenge a manager on football matters.

Which is ironic when he dedcides if a player is signed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Well, i may have to wait until the AGM and raise it under "any other business" and hope to get a seconder from the floor. A football man in charge of ALL football stuff. Dalglish ? George Graham ? Alan Brazil ? Steve Archibald ? Any more who may take up this job ?
    I'd appoint Alex Miller. I hated him as Hibs Manager. But I think hed be a good behind the scene man. Godd experience in many elements of fitba.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    And who's or what criteria do you think they used tae pick him? That laid down by Petrie perhaps? Do you really think PF got the job without Petrie having the final say so? And without him having stuck his oar in?

I think you've illustrated one of my points perfectly about everybody else carrying the can or being 'moved on' as you put it. Everybody has been 'moved on' apart from one person and the failure remains. We've changed directors before, we've changed managers umpteen times, we've changed **** knows how many players, everybody has changed, yet nothing has changed. Every variable has been changed except one and IMO that is where people need tae start looking when nothing else has made any difference. He is the common denominator.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 19-08-2013 at 02:44 PM.