hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Number69's Avatar

Arsenal fan going nuts at the board

Although I'm putting this as NHC, it just makes me think about our situations and how frustrated we have been for so long.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=606079772777032

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Number69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although I'm putting this as NHC, it just makes me think about our situations and how frustrated we have been for so long.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=606079772777032
    He should come and watch Hibs, then he would have something to moan about.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We need to start hibs fans tv

We think we've a manager problem?
    Imagine being a gooner.
    They've been the biggest coupon busters for years now and Wenger has been manager for around 50 years.
    Or at least it seems like that.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Right from the heart, i'd imagine much the same and even worse would happen if that camera was at Easter Road recently.

Testimonial Due
    I agree with the op but must admit that the rant cheered me up no end!!!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Poor Gunners fans

They really don't know they're ****ing born and are complaining because they're not spending millions of pounds on a player.

Such is the artificial construct of the Barclays Premier League - try supporting a club who don't have that kind of money and can't throw money at solving their problems. Try watching a club who don't have the option to rest their top rated player because he's had to play 2 games in a week and do a bit of travelling. Try watching a club who aren't regularly in contention for European Football and who don't have that luxury income of televised revenue and European revenue to sign multimillion pound players.

He goes on about spending money and competing at the top as if it's all taken for granted and some form of entitlement.

He should try supporting a real football team who don't play on a weekly basis in some fantasy league such as the EPL.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Poor Gunners fans

They really don't know they're ****ing born and are complaining because they're not spending millions of pounds on a player.

Such is the artificial construct of the Barclays Premier League - try supporting a club who don't have that kind of money and can't throw money at solving their problems. Try watching a club who don't have the option to rest their top rated player because he's had to play 2 games in a week and do a bit of travelling. Try watching a club who aren't regularly in contention for European Football and who don't have that luxury income of televised revenue and European revenue to sign multimillion pound players.

He goes on about spending money and competing at the top as if it's all taken for granted and some form of entitlement.

He should try supporting a real football team who don't play on a weekly basis in some fantasy league such as the EPL.
    Sorry this is drivel - he's a fan and his club are underachieving based on their potential. Just because he supports a bigger club doesn't bar him from criticising mismanagement of his club.

Criticise the set up of leagues that encourage overspending but not genuine local fans like this.

Poor Gunners fans

Thats not really an option for most of us though is it? He looks to be late 50s, someone who's supported Arsenal for a very long time.

I can't argue with him wanting the best for the team he supports, especially when it appears they have the money to compete now, irrespective of where its come from or artificially constructed through the EPL sponsorship.

That man is hurting because he can see his club slipping further behind clubs they should be up challenging.

Pretty much similar to Hibs in Scotland.

Poor Gunners fans

what a belter of a statement that is.

I read a report that some hibby had a right go at Petrie, when UTD scored yesterday. I hope the guy did not miss him.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by brian6-2 View Post
    what a belter of a statement that is.
    Cheers - it was deplorably articulated and doesn't actually convey what I was trying to say but regardless...

Arsenal have a multimillion pound squad which most football fans would be delighted to watch on a regular basis. They have an outstanding youth setup, superb facilities for the supporter matchday experience, are regularly challenging/playing at the top of the Premiership and in Europe and their fans are still moaning...

Perhaps all I mean is "I wish we had his problem".
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Cheers - it was deplorably articulated and doesn't actually convey what I was trying to say but regardless...

Arsenal have a multimillion pound squad which most football fans would be delighted to watch on a regular basis. They have an outstanding youth setup, superb facilities for the supporter matchday experience, are regularly challenging/playing at the top of the Premiership and in Europe and their fans are still moaning...

Perhaps all I mean is "I wish we had his problem".
    It certainly would be a nice problem to moan about.

But arsenal for all they have still arent doing so well and havent won anything for ages so naturaly the fans will have a go, arsenal and any club on the planet will have a fanbase packed with ordinary guys like us who just want to see them do well. doesnt matter what league they are in, how much cash they have or who owns them its football, and thats why we love it.

But it is a different world down there, my english team are man city (before they were rich ) and i go down now and again to see them and when you sit with the guys who watch them week in week out and they are calling 20 million pound fernandinho a panic buy it does make you think, but then again, these are guys that stuck by there club through thick and thin, like we do.

Hibs have won a trophy more recently than Arsenal.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Poor Gunners fans

Maybe a team in Scotland League One?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pames McJake View Post
    Hibs have won a trophy more recently than Arsenal.
    Class! I got a slagging from Geordies and Mackems when I lived in Co Durham about mickey mouse league etc but they shut up when asked if they'd seen there team lift a trophy.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

First Team Breakthrough
    He's in panic mode as Spurs are starting to overtake them!

The Emirates is a nice stadium & all that but Arsenal have probably been sensible in that paying silly money for players could actually jeopardise their financial position in the long run. It wasn't long ago Wenger said the club were still paying for their ground.

Im sure guys down there supporting Barnet, Orient, Dagenham & Redbridge will have their views on his comments as well.

"What's going on at this club."

Poor Gunners fans

E Stirling fans probably think the same about us, the boy isnae wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Shields Hibee View Post

The Emirates is a nice stadium & all that but Arsenal have probably been sensible in that paying silly money for players could actually jeopardise their financial position in the long run. It wasn't long ago Wenger said the club were still paying for their ground.

Im sure guys down there supporting Barnet, Orient, Dagenham & Redbridge will have their views on his comments as well.
    I dont understand that at all?

When have those clubs ever gone a whole season in the premiership unbeaten, or won cups and leagues as regularly as Arsenal did?

Its a fan asking what's going on, when they have actually come out and said they have a lot of money to spend, and spent nowt.

Could it have been a lot of bull, and just to sell more season tickets?

Dinnae be daft.
    Arsenal kept Barnet afloat for years through pre-season friendlies and using Underhill for reserve games and refusing to sell them Graham Stack. Leyton Orient have a chancer at the helm who cant wait to make the Olympic Stadium his cash cow and D&R have been in the league for about 10 minutes.

'Spurs'? They're always trying to overtake Arsenal. Not very good at it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Dinnae be daft.
    Arsenal kept Barnet afloat for years through pre-season friendlies and using Underhill for reserve games and refusing to sell them Graham Stack. Leyton Orient have a chancer at the helm who cant wait to make the Olympic Stadium his cash cow and D&R have been in the league for about 10 minutes.

'Spurs'? They're always trying to overtake Arsenal. Not very good at it though.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I agree with him. Very similar situation to us in the sense that they've put so much money into building one of the best stadiums in the country only to watch their team go totally backwards on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Well done that man, I don't know how supporters of any team regardless of who they are can slag of a real supporter for speaking from the heart and being so passionate about his club.

Didnt even need to read the rant.

His club operate in their environment as we do in ours. His teams competition is Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd. Ours is Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd. His club needs to spend million upon million to keep in touch. Our club needs to pay better wages and spend a wee bit more on transfers.

The quality of football might be different and money divide huge. But the hurt is the same if your club aint doing what it should be capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    I agree with him. Very similar situation to us in the sense that they've put so much money into building one of the best stadiums in the country only to watch their team go totally backwards on the pitch.
    I was lucky enough to be at Highbury on a few occasions, but I would swap that and stick big sharp pins in my boaby in exchange for Hibs going backwards over the past say, 30 years, in the manner that Arsenal have.
    Totally.

First Team Breakthrough
    None of the clubs I mentioned have been near the premiership. Where I was coming from was they'll be thinking that Arsenal are a PL club with fantastic stadium & a squad that can still make top 6 in England while for them, league survival or reaching at best, league 1 or championship is the best they can hope for yet a Gunner is whining because the club isnt splashing the cash. I work with a guy who supports AFC Wimbledon who takes the view that while Arsenal may not be winning trophies, they're not as exactly struggling either. Perhaps they've had expectations built up from the years that they got tagged invincibles.

Wenger though has been asked a number of times by the media about transfer policy at Arsenal & he seems to have the view that he won't allow the club to be held to ransom on players that he doesn't think are worth the money quoted. Wenger does seem to have a knack at finding unknowns who seem to adapt to the PL easily.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    None of the clubs I mentioned have been near the premiership. Where I was coming from was they'll be thinking that Arsenal are a PL club with fantastic stadium & a squad that can still make top 6 in England while for them, league survival or reaching at best, league 1 or championship is the best they can hope for yet a Gunner is whining because the club isnt splashing the cash. I work with a guy who supports AFC Wimbledon who takes the view that while Arsenal may not be winning trophies, they're not as exactly struggling either. Perhaps they've had expectations built up from the years that they got tagged invincibles.

Wenger though has been asked a number of times by the media about transfer policy at Arsenal & he seems to have the view that he won't allow the club to be held to ransom on players that he doesn't think are worth the money quoted. Wenger does seem to have a knack at finding unknowns who seem to adapt to the PL easily.

Of course it's all about expectation, the same for fans of every club.

I don't know who's who on the Arsenal board but based purely on the team's decline over the last few years, I think he's entitled to have a moan and probably has a point. Over the last few years, they've sold every player they've had that's been close to world class and replaced them with unknowns. If I was an Araenal fan, I'd be moaning as well and they'll if it continues like this they won't be in the champions league and the downward spiral continues.

I also don't have a problem about EPL fans having a good moan. He sounds like he's from down south, obviously goes to the games and has probably supported Arsenal for a long time. Most people don't chose their football team, it's down to where you're from and who your family support (mainly, anyway) so the fact he supports a better team than we do is most likely luck of the draw.

By this logic every single fan of big clubs (I'm talking about the real fans - not the Asians or Americans who "support" premiership clubs) are excluded from concern about their club because they have a nice stadium and are in a big league. In fact why don't they just put out a team that will dodge along and stay in the league since no results or performances in big leagues matter.

What absolute pish. There are many things to criticise about EPL clubs but genuine supporters voicing passionate concern about their team underachieving isn't one of them.