hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser Mullen

Fraser Mullen

It's clear to see why he was released by the fuds, they're probably laughing at us right now as we've signed a complete dud. No defensive ability, no height, no pace, the only thing he's got going for him is his set piece deliveries - which no one gets on the end of. It was clear to see after just 10 minutes today that he was going to get torn a new ******** and IMO Pat made the right decision in taking him off. He shouldn't of been near the first team after his performance last week anyway, is there something wrong with McGivern? Maybury at RB and McGivern at LB please.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's clear to see why he was released by the fuds, they're probably laughing at us right now as we've signed a complete dud. No defensive ability, no height, no pace, the only thing he's got going for him is his set piece deliveries - which no one gets on the end of. It was clear to see after just 10 minutes today that he was going to get torn a new ******** and IMO Pat made the right decision in taking him off. He shouldn't of been near the first team after his performance last week anyway, is there something wrong with McGivern? Maybury at RB and McGivern at LB please.
    Unfair.

It's not unfair, I've just spent £22 of my hard earned cash to watch impostors like him and Vine be dominated by a Dundee UTD side low on confidence like ours.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    didn't want him before he signed...and still don't want him now

maybe he will come good for the soon-to-be-announced(surely) new manager

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Unfair.
    Entirely.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Anyone who's seen him play could only come to one decision, he's not good enough to play right back for Hibernian Football Club.

Its just a pity our manager has his eyes painted on.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    What about Forster at right back? I've not seen him there but seen a few comments saying he can play there.

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    What about Forster at right back? I've not seen him there but seen a few comments saying he can play there.
    I personally don't think he should play there due to the fact that he's looked like one of our most assured defenders, however, Super Pat probably thinks differently.

I personally don't think he should play there due to the fact that he's looked like one of our most assured defenders, however, Super Pat probably thinks differently.
    He was very solid at CH and all of a sudden he's out in the cold and on the bench, he's played RB before so why not utilise the fact that he's big, good in the tackle, decent pace and good in the air.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    He was very solid at CH and all of a sudden he's out in the cold and on the bench, he's played RB before so why not utilise the fact that he's big, good in the tackle, decent pace and good in the air.
    How was Nelson today?

I also think it was quite harsh that Forster has been punted for him.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Bit harsh. He is a youth player FFS give a kid a chance.

I wonder what he would be like playing in a team that is confident??

We turn decent players into rotten ones,we are champions at it.

Curious what spoony and rankin would say about hibs and what the issue is ??

Promising Youngster merritthibees's Avatar
    I've seen him a few times now and actually feel sorry for him... Guys around me shouting "watch your ankle you heart c***!"... The boy will never have a chance with fans like that! Very unfair!

@hibs.net private member JollyGreenGiant's Avatar
    It's not unfair, I've just spent £22 of my hard earned cash to watch impostors like him and Vine be dominated by a Dundee UTD side low on confidence like ours.
    Get a grip, he was up against one of the best left sided players in the league. Ok, he made a bad tackle, but least he is getting stuck in, more than can be said for some of his team mates!

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He's be better playing in midfield, he's good at going forward but an awful defender

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He's pish at right back.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Don't you try and bring common sense into this.

Quote Originally Posted by merritthibees View Post
    I've seen him a few times now and actually feel sorry for him... Guys around me shouting "watch your ankle you heart c***!"... The boy will never have a chance with fans like that! Very unfair!
    Thats a disgrace if hibs fans are shouting that.
    No onder we have problems if thats happening week in week out.
    Who on earth would want to play for a team if thats the support you get.

First Team Breakthrough
    Needs time to gel.

@hibs.net private member
    Haven't seen anything in his time at Hearts or his games for us to make me think he's currently got the quality to play in the SPL. He's a young guy and may well improve but right now I'm not confident when I see his name on the teamsheet - the fact he's been subbed off early the last couple of games tells its own story.

Think its criminal that the likes of Forster and Caldwell haven't got more game time this season, they have done everything asked of them IMO and unless there's an issue with their attitude or training, dont know why they are being kept out.

If Mullen is a right back then my hopes of a professional contract are greater than I thought.

And I'm a 43 year old never been.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Bit harsh. He is a youth player FFS give a kid a chance.
    I agree, give the laddie a chance to settle in.

He has just moved from our rivals to us and gets enough stick from them. He is still young and plenty time to improve.

@hibs.net private member
    I would try playing him right midfield. We need the width and he put some pretty decent crosses in. His tackling leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Promising Youngster merritthibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    Thats a disgrace if hibs fans are shouting that.
    No onder we have problems if thats happening week in week out.
    Who on earth would want to play for a team if thats the support you get.
    Yep! Agreed!... We get new players in and the minute they make a bad pass or whatever... They seem to get pelters and branded useless!

After we got booked it was game over for him. Lewis did well replacing him but I'd be looking for a new RB if Clancy is long term out. Done for pace several times.

just been unlucky. two games from a crisis......

Some fans need to take a good look at themselves. Mullen has played about 100 mins of football and he's not actually done that much wrong.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fenlon hung the boy out to dry. Having nobody at right mid to double up on GMS was a sin.

If you speak to people in Hibs youth dept they will tell you Mullen isn't a strong defender.

If should be in thr U20s to assess him. Never ready for first team.

Fenlon was offered Mark Wilson but said no.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Still think he could come good, maybe not in this current climate tho. Early bookings aren't helping him, especially the way he likes to dive into tackles. Noticed he had one of his boots off when he walked down the tunnel at half time, maybe a knock as well?

He can't tackle. Which is pretty important for a right back. Luckily Lewis Stevenson was different class!