hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Muppet McCann

First Team Breakthrough Hexham Hibee's Avatar

Muppet McCann

Apologies if mentioned before but when asked at half-time on Sunday if Vine's tackle on Tattooman was a yellow or red card offence he said Vine was clearly over the ball and should have been sent off.
    I can't say I've heard anything about the compliance officer coming after Vine. And when you consider who the ref was and no foul was given then we can only assume McCann had his maroon specs on again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

To be honest, when I saw it again it crossed my mind about it being red.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexham Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies if mentioned before but when asked at half-time on Sunday if Vine's tackle on Tattooman was a yellow or red card offence he said Vine was clearly over the ball and should have been sent off.
    I can't say I've heard anything about the compliance officer coming after Vine. And when you consider who the ref was and no foul was given then we can only assume McCann had his maroon specs on again.
    Nae need tae assume anything about specs, the guy is an erse, simple.

First Team Breakthrough MADE IN LEITH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexham Hibee View Post
    Have to agree with you mate, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The guy needs to get a grip with reality as it was no more than a yellow card at most, to give a red would have been criminal. Anyway, the ref got it right and I guess he knows the game better most pundits.

@hibs.net private member
    Never a red. Even the ******s in the stand didn't shout for it at the time and they're usually over that wall at the drop of a hat.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Remember though that McCann is no journeyman football hack. He is a highly polished soccer analyst from the Craig Burley school of excellence.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Not even a foul IMO. Vine went to block the ball, absolutely no malice in it at all. To watch that a few times then suggest it is a red card is absolutely staggering

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Not even a foul IMO. Vine went to block the ball, absolutely no malice in it at all. To watch that a few times then suggest it is a red card is absolutely staggering
    I didn't think it was a foul either.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Straightforward block tackle.

McCann is a tool
    This is how it feels

Not even the few hearts players around the incident thought anything about it and just played on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Straightforward block tackle.

McCann is a tool
    G'teed if it was the other way around it would be "typical forwards tackle" McCann adds nothing to the occasion and is generally poor in his assessments.

mc cann is a clown. never even a foul. 2 players go for a ball. their knees knock together and one gets mair pain than the other. even tattoo man made nowt of it, until he had to gie up.

I'm not sure why McCann is allowed to be a pundit for Hearts/Rangers games. He's clearly going to have a bias, it's acceptable when they have someone from the other team to balance it out but him.

The dream team of David Tanner, Neil McCann and Ian Crocker is amazing. I hate everyone of them. I watched the derby on mute.

First Team Breakthrough
    I've noticed English derby games get players or managers who've had involvement with the teams previously to get a balanced view. McCann seems to come on with the sole aim of criticising us whenever he can, you'd not hear him say the Jambos or Rangers deserved to lose or have men seeing red!

Ian Crocker is dreadful. Seems Sky send the rubbish presenters to Scottish games as Crocker is only good enough for lower league stuff in England.

It looks bad in slow motion but then so do a lot of things. It was a misjudged tackle and a foul IMO. Maybe a booking but never a red.

I generally think McCann is one of the better SPL pundits (not the greatest of complements I suppose) but he was wrong about this.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    He'd have been as well being sent off. He had zero impact yet again.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Telling that in the highlights, not one of the Hearts fans in the background stands up, points, shouts or does anything to express immense displeasure.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Vine should have been given a medal.