hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wotherspoon

Wotherspoon

I know he was very frustrating and had many bad games. But how much do we need a player like him right now? I don't see why we would let him go without a replacement in line!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We had Harris, but he got injured. Good try though.

Aw naw. Here we go

I agree with you but you better get your tin helmet out
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I'm in Wetherspoons right now.

Bishop's Finger £2.29.

How much do I need that?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know he was very frustrating and had many bad games. But how much do we need a player like him right now? I don't see why we would let him go without a replacement in line!
    why would we want a player like him if he had many bad games and was very frustrating ?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We had Harris, but he got injured. Good try though.
    Good try??? I do think a Wotherspoon type player is missing and letting him go without a replacement was daft. Harris is a different type of player

First Team Breakthrough West Upper's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: v HiiB3RNI4N x
    Good try??? I do think a Wotherspoon type player is missing and letting him go without a replacement was daft. Harris is a different type of player
    Ah the old selective memory syndrome of players that have left and are remembered as being far better than they actually were! Wotherspoon had his chances and never took them time and time again..................next.

It's true that without Wotherspoon, and even Sproule, we're hopelessly short of options on the right. Not saying these are the standard of players we need, but they are the positions.

Done replaced Sproule (allegedly) then no one replaced Done. No one has even pretended to replace Wotherspoon.

Our squad is almost comically unbalanced.

Harris is a wide player with pace, Wotherspoon is a wide player with no pace, so yes sorry you are correct, they are different types of players.

We need a player like him, but not him. Spoony was going nowhere at Hibs and had to move on for his own sake. Its great to see him doing well elsewhere, and often players need to move to find their game. There's nothing wrong with that. It is not Spoonys fault that Fenlon hasn't managed to find anything like a suitable replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post
    why would we want a player like him if he had many bad games and was very frustrating ?
    Haha this was my thoughts. Lets worry about a player we've lost who wasn't interested, slow & pretty much a hinderance to what was already a crap team.

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Haha this was my thoughts. Lets worry about a player we've lost who wasn't interested, slow & pretty much a hinderance to what was already a crap team.
    Third top scorer and top in assists. Can we sign another hindrance please
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Third top scorer and top in assists. Can we sign another hindrance please
    4 goals and 6 assists in 34 games, that just shows how truly awful we were last season.

He's another example of exactly what's been wrong with this club over the last few years if we accept and miss players with stats like that.

4 goals and 6 assists in 34 games, that just shows how truly awful we were last season.

He's another example of exactly what's been wrong with this club over the last few years if we accept and miss players with stats like that.
    Can't argue with the facts although I thought the figures were higher than that (where's Wotherspiniesta when you need him ). We need a wide midfield player who can create goals and score a few himself. We don't have one at the moment. Harris might be the answer as might Craig but only time will tell
    Last edited by Jonnyboy; 12-08-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by West Upper View Post
    Ah the old selective memory syndrome of players that have left and are remembered as being far better than they actually were! Wotherspoon had his chances and never took them time and time again..................next.
    Not selective memory at all, he frustrated me as much as the next guy but he could produce something out of nothin which we currently don't have. He is also a winger which would add balance to the side. I'm saying its frustrating watching him do well now as we all knew he had ability.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Is it possible that Wotherspoon is good enough for this level, but (like every other player) just doesn't do that well while at Hibs?

Can't argue with the facts although I thought the figures were higher than that (where's Wotherspiniesta when you need him ). We need a wide midfield player who can create goals and score a few himself. We don't have one at the moment. Harris might be the answer as might Craig but only time will tell
    I totally agree with you that we need someone like that & I think Craig will produce for us.

Players like Craig and Robertson will get goals and assists IF they are used correctly.

@hibs.net private member
    Think he was on the bench yesterday - maybe St Johnstone will be looking to offload him in January.

5 goals

Not going to surprise anyone with this, but I reckon we will miss him. Wether that be from the bench or what, but he was a creative midfielder. We currently have nothing to link the midfield to the front line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    5 goals

Not going to surprise anyone with this, but I reckon we will miss him. Wether that be from the bench or what, but he was a creative midfielder. We currently have nothing to link the midfield to the front line.
    Dam it your onto me, I was using league goals to try strengthen my point haha! As stated before I think we do have players who can do that but they're used horribly in the current set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    5 goals

Aye because Wotherspoon did that all the time? FFS we had a player who was average at best contributing next to nothing season after season, but because his replacement has done similar we will suddenly miss David's creativity and link play?

Aye because Wotherspoon did that all the time? FFS we had a player who was average at best contributing next to nothing season after season, but because his replacement has done similar we will suddenly miss David's creativity and link play?
    Well at least there's continuity G. We've replaced a midfielder who contributed 'next to nothing' with one that looks as though he'll contribute next to nothing
    This is how it feels

Dam it your onto me, I was using league goals to try strengthen my point haha! As stated before I think we do have players who can do that but they're used horribly in the current set up.
    How could you possibly forget this!

5 goals and 6 assists suggests that he linked pretty well considering he never started every week.

I agree with Blackpool Hibs 100%.

Wotherspoon was very poor for us in the vast majority of games that he played. I think that he will be found out at St Johnstone, given time.

I don't wish him any ill ( except when he is playing against us!) I just don't think he is good enough to be an SPL player.

Time will tell I guess

Well at least there's continuity G. We've replaced a midfielder who contributed 'next to nothing' with one that looks as though he'll contribute next to nothing
    Not really John, Harris is his direct replacement as thats where he's played all of his time in the under 19s, and he looks a much better prospect than Wotherspoon. Now this is where i'm going to stick up for Fenlon, Harris has unfortunately been injured and nobody could predict that.

Players stagnate all the time, and who really wanted Wotherspoon in the team? We all wanted better, and with the window still open still might get someone?

As with your boy Stevenson , we need much better than both if we are to progress and get better, but while they are at the club they can sometimes contribute well.

We saw with Harris he'd overtaken Spoony and that would be the reason we did not fight that hard to keep him imo, but to suddenly think he was better than what he really was is delusion in my opinion.

He tried and did ok but ultimately was not good enough, he was good enough to keep us where we were or are, but thats clearly not good enough again in my opinion.

Not really John, Harris is his direct replacement as thats where he's played all of his time in the under 19s, and he looks a much better prospect than Wotherspoon. Now this is where i'm going to stick up for Fenlon, Harris has unfortunately been injured and nobody could predict that.

Players stagnate all the time, and who really wanted Wotherspoon in the team? We all wanted better, and with the window still open still might get someone?

As with your boy Stevenson , we need much better than both if we are to progress and get better, but while they are at the club they can sometimes contribute well.

We saw with Harris he'd overtaken Spoony and that would be the reason we did not fight that hard to keep him imo, but to suddenly think he was better than what he really was is delusion in my opinion.

He tried and did ok but ultimately was not good enough, he was good enough to keep us where we were or are, but thats clearly not good enough again in my opinion.
    I know what you're saying but my point is that he did contribute despite the fact that many on here would argue he didn't. Take Leigh's goals out of the equation last season and there's not a lot left. Of what there is left however, Spoony made a sizable contribution. Folk should at least grant him that, whatever their view of him as a player.

As to my boy Stevenson I absolutely agree we need better but as I've said before, until we get better I'll continue to speak up for him because he gives all he's got which is more than a few of his team mates can say
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by West Upper View Post

More loss of memory than selective, Wotherspoon was pish more often than not but now he's gone we miss him! I cant wait until Stevenson moves on so we can hear how good he actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Think he was on the bench yesterday - maybe St Johnstone will be looking to offload him in January.
    Spoony was on the bench as he's missed some training this week due to the birth of his child.

First Team Breakthrough
    Wotherspoon was consistent at being inconsistent He may have now again done a touch of 'wasn't expecting that from Spoony' & got a few goals but mostly it was frustrating watching him.