hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fair Play to Locke and that Hearts team

Clearly they will struggle but I have to give them credit today for giving it 100% and they were the better team. They had some young players who would have been nervous but in the end won reasonably comfortably.

We can concentrate on how disgraceful we were but they played to the maximum of ability and desire and scored from the only decent piece of skill (cross and header).

Locke interview afterwards didn't try and score points and snide remarks.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I hate praising that lot but whilst they lacked anything going forward they were well organised and every player looked like they knew what they were doing.

Hibs on the other hand.... .....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The day I give that hearts muppet or his team anything other than abuse is the day I pack it all in. Remember his actions when he was a coach a couple of seasons ago.

F*** every word of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clearly they will struggle but I have to give them credit today for giving it 100% and they were the better team. They had some young players who would have been nervous but in the end won reasonably comfortably.

We can concentrate on how disgraceful we were but they played to the maximum of ability and desire and scored from the only decent piece of skill (cross and header).

Wouldn't by any way shape or form, say they were the better team. A fairly even first half, but we had more of the second up until their goal, then they resorted to time wasting and spoiling.....Not sour grapes, they are pash, but we only have ourselves to blame for losing to them....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

They will struggle this season, had even less creativity than we did. But what they have in their favour is a cause ,adversity, which might just help them finish above us and the fact that we equally poor

@hibs.net private member
    I thought they were the better side in the first half . They fought for every ball . We had the best of the second half until they scored ..

if they were to fight like that all season they won't be far away from staying up .

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    A good cross and a good header for the goal. Their team of kids displayed their passion and played for the jersey. Nothing wrong with acknowledging their spirit, something we badly lacked.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    That's as good as Hearts will be all season, I hope to god it's not the same with our lot.

It will be a cold day in Hell before I give them any credit, especially after a derby victory.

Liquidation can't come quickly enough.

F.T.H.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Wouldn't by any way shape or form, say they were the better team. A fairly even first half, but we had more of the second up until their goal, then they resorted to time wasting and spoiling.....Not sour grapes, they are pash, but we only have ourselves to blame for losing to them....
    Yip, agree with that. Thought both teams were awful in the first half. We were the better team in the 2nd half until a good cross and a good header. As you say, spoiler tactics after that, with the add on that our manager has no clue how to change things.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    They are a poor side who were pumped up to the max, backed by their crowd. We matched them all over the park and were slightly the better side without creating one single good chance.

Hearts scored with their only chance and won the game.

They will struggle to keep that momentum going, and will be relegated quite easily this season. We on the other hand with this current manager will struggle along in the bottom 6 as usual.

First Team Breakthrough
    I've got a message for them 'hope your clubs deid before the end of the week' ****in' tramps

Maybe I was wrong as OP saying they were better team but I thought they edged it. They were better in first half out of two horrible horrible team performances. We had a dominant 15 -20 min spell in 2nd half before they scored and then they were comfortable for remaining 20. Hence why I thought they edged it.

Two very poor teams, very poor derby.

A lot of people had them as underdogs and on paper they were. They done well to get the result in the circumstance and it's irrelevant how bad they were, so well done.

That can be their moment of glory this season
    :-)

Right, enough of that. Dundee United next, with or without Fenlon.

Maybe I was wrong as OP saying they were better team but I thought they edged it. They were better in first half out of two horrible horrible team performances. We had a dominant 15 -20 min spell in 2nd half before they scored and then they were comfortable for remaining 20. Hence why I thought they edged it.

Two very poor teams, very poor derby.
    That seems to be a recurring theme.

Most derbies over the past few years have been murder to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The day I give that hearts muppet or his team anything other than abuse is the day I pack it all in. Remember his actions when he was a coach a couple of seasons ago.
    What actions were those? Not doubting he did something, just can't remember it.

Hearts were almost as bad as we were. 2 bad teams and a scrappy game with no flow or quality. Difference is hearts have a makeshift team so they deserve some credit but a very limited amount as they only won because we're ****.

IMO they were the better TEAM ... they wanted it more, they got the goal, they got the three points - with Fenlon in charge we are in serious trouble. As bad as the situation at Tynecastle is, they still manage to put out a makeshift team and beat us: what does that say about our club?

The simple facts are, we weren't beat by Glocke's tactics or team spirit, but by PF's inability to form the players we had available, into an attacking force that should have buried them. We beat ourselves, and Glocke, HMFC, deserve no credit for us under-performing.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

NAH ,,, total numpty , this win will feel like a loss when Fenlon gets emptied .imo

ggtth

In what way were they the better team?

We were the only team that tried to win the game, they got lucky with one chance.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    In what way were they the better team?

We were the only team that tried to win the game, they got lucky with one chance.
    Surely the team that's capable of taking their chances and keeping a clean sheet deserves to win the game?

Or are we all as thick as the manager?

**** that.

Two below average teams. I thought Hibs were gaining the upper hand through the second half and they had two good chances. Hearts had one and took it. Well done them.

Nothing to do with Locke or Hearts being decent.

Hibs are a charity case for teams in need of a result, anytime a club is desperate for a decent result up pop Hibs to help them out.

Today was not about Hearts being decent but us being bad.

There should have been a wide gulf between us and their under-21 team but we made them look decent.

It's what Pat does..............................sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    It will be a cold day in Hell before I give them any credit, especially after a derby victory.

Liquidation can't come quickly enough.

F.T.H.
    Im with you on this one !!!!

I thought Hearts were rotten, we again set out conservative and shat the bed. When will our ****ing managers just go and have a go?? We get pumped enough now to think **** it nothing to lose.

Here's a thought for training Pat..... Ball is round ****ING pass it to each other.

Left by mutual consent!
    I agree with the OP..

Just shows how much we've been kicked & let down by this Hibs regime, Petrie et al, as I'd NEVER imagined myself giving that bunch of freaks credit..

Fenlon has knocked the fight & stuffing right out the support, team and club..

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    They took their chance. We didn't take our chances.

we won't be the only team they'll win against but they'll struggle this season.

they can have mullen back imo