hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Are you going to the protest?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

59 15.17%
  • No

256 65.81%
  • Would like to but can't make it

74 19.02%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Protest

Protest

OK, it sounds like Fenlon is NOT going to resign. Incredibly, he just thinks it was bad luck.

I posted this comment on another thread but feel it's worth a thread of its own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he doesn't resign and isn't sacked, we really need to start thinking what we as fans can do to get rid. We really need to make our feelings known.

We slagged off Hearts fans for inaction during the demise of their club. We need to do something to show we care and make change happen.

What do you intend to do?
    Last edited by Keith_M; 11-08-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: told to remove that part

2. Log in to remove the advert

Boycott the next 2 home matches and he is gone !!

Vote with your feet.

Not something I normally advocate but enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Good idea. Would everybody be willing to do that?

I'm absolutely serious here. I don't want this to be just Internet talk, I want to make this happen.

What else can we do in the meantime, to try to get him out even sooner, if possible?

2000 people standing outside the entrance to easter road at 7:30 am monday morning

all waving FENLON MUST GO BANNERS

Quote Originally Posted by PacoLuna View Post
    2000 people standing outside the entrance to easter road at 7:30 am monday morning

This and even have a good few hundred at East Mains doing the same.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Good idea. Would everybody be willing to do that?

I'm absolutely serious here. I don't want this to be just Internet talk, I want to make this happen.

What else can we do in the meantime, to try to get him out even sooner, if possible?
    Protest at EM on Tuesday as no doubt they will have the day off tomorrow.

OK, it sounds like Fenlon is NOT going to resign. Incredibly, he just thinks it was bad luck.

I posted this comment on another thread but feel it's worth a thread of its own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he doesn't resign and isn't sacked, we really need to start thinking what we as fans can do to get rid. We really need to make our feelings known.

My Dad just told me that, if Fenlon isn't gone by tomorrow at the latest, he's returning his Season Ticket and letting Hibs know the reason why. If I didn't live abroad and still had a Season Ticket, I'd be returning mine as well.

We slagged off Hearts fans for inaction during the demise of their club. We need to do something to show we care and make change happen.

I think Pat is doing all he can, he will hang on for a two more games I foresee and then he will either go or we be winning. I think he will be by September though based on recent showings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post

Petrie may not understand the importance of winning and playing good football but when the revenue starts to drop off he will take action.

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    I think Pat is doing all he can, he will hang on for a two more games I foresee and then he will either go or we be winning. I think he will be by September though based on recent showings.
    Sorry he has to go and tonight is as good a time as any.

Guys, please don't turn this into an attempt at comedy. This is really serious.

As I mentioned earlier, if we do nothing, we're no better than the Hearts fans who presided over the demise of their club.

Did you laugh at them and their in-action? Guess what, they're now laughing at you.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Sounds desperate. Dont think our squad is too bad - Is better than most of the teams who have been finishing above us. Unfortunately the main thing wrong is our manager.

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    There's no point in him hanging around until September. I don't know how much cash hibs have for transfers but a new manager must get some time with the transfer window still open to sort out the problems we have.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by PacoLuna View Post

I dont know how serious you are but if this happens I'd be there. The club is slowly dying and its time the supporters stood up.

My Dad just told me that, if Fenlon isn't gone by tomorrow at the latest, he's returning his Season Ticket and letting Hibs know the reason why. If I didn't live abroad and still had a Season Ticket, I'd be returning mine as well.

I would really like to know how we do. Trouble is this imposter will not do the decent thing and admit he is way out of his depth and resign. He will hang on and go with a big pay off, disgusting! I'm a bed wetter and knee jerker by the way and have been for a long while now. We need to give managers time but we should give that time to the right man, not a part time rookie at this level. He is dragging us down to lower levels than I could ever have imagined. Get rid now before we are too far into the season for someone else to turn things around

Guys, please don't turn this into an attempt at comedy. This is really serious.

As I mentioned earlier, if we do nothing, we're no better than the Hearts fans who presided over the demise of their club.

Did you laugh at them and their in-action? Guess what, they're now laughing at you.
    what post are you talking about they all look serious to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Vote with your feet.

Not something I normally advocate but enough is enough.
    Yep, I won't be using my season ticket until both the manager and Petrie are gone. Petrie should have had the bawz to sack Felon after Malmo but he's sat on his hands again just like he did with Calderwood.

what post are you talking about they all look serious to me?

Sory mate, I just wasn't sure about the standing outside ER at 7:30 and I've seen the way some previous threads have gone (guilty myself).

Apologies if I picked that up wrong.

I know I'll get pelters for this as I'm not one best placed to organise some kind of protest, due to my location (Munich), but anyway.

Is there anyone out there that is willing to take this on locally and get something done? Someone to organise things.

I'm prepared to do the best I can from here and also to help out where possible but I'm limited by being located so far away.

I'm quite prepared to take any stick coming my way (feel free, I don't care as long as we do what's best for our club) for starting this thread, knowing that I'm relying on other people but somebody had to start the discussion.

I know I'll get pelters for this as I'm not one best placed to organise some kind of protest, due to my location (Munich), but anyway.

Is there anyone out there that is willing to take this on locally and get something done? Someone to organise things.

I'm prepared to do the best I can from here and also to help out where possible but I'm limited by being located so far away.

I'm quite prepared to take any stick coming my way (feel free, I don't care as long as we do what's best for our club) for starting this thread, knowing that I'm relying on other people but somebody had to start the discussion.

A protest outside Easter Road Main stand at lunchtime tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    A protest outside Easter Road Main stand at lunchtime tomorrow.

Anyone else prepared to go?

The only way you will get change at Easter Road is to go back to good old fashion protesting, if the fans protest outside the main stand instead of key board bashing, nothing will change. Our present team is worst than last season, we played a weaker Motherwell side and got beat, we play a youth Hearts team and got beat, where is the improvement, there is none, but unless the fans go on mass to the main stand on Saturday against UTD nothing will change, we will continue to play the worst football I have seen in many a year and the board will survive because we would all rather have a rant behind a key board than get of our bums and do something about it

count me in , il try and get a few folk from round my way to join me

First Team Breakthrough Devilstorment's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devilstorment PSN ID: Devilstorment
    A protest against Fenlon? Petrie? Farmer?

for me, Fenlon. He is the first manager since McLeish to be given some cash to splash so he cant plead the poverty. To be fair to Petrie he has clearly loosened the purse strings.

The simplest thing to do is a mass email to the board by season ticket holders saying the will not renew next season if Fenlon is not sacked this week. What would also help is a new poll, on Fenlon out. The old one is now defunct & a new poll will be picked up by the press.

First Team Breakthrough
    A thread should be made about this so people know about it. Wait until a bit later to make one so when the board has calmed down a bit, so that the thread dosent get pushed down.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not a season ticket holder but get to a majority of homes games in a season. I dont think I can bring myself to back to ER with him in charge anymore, certainly wont be there for the Dundee Utd game.

The way I feel at the moment, even if Alex Ferguson came out of retirement to take charge I would be struggling to attend right now.

I realise that not buying tickets affects the club more than anything but I do think plummeting attendances are a clear way of getting a message to the board.

First Team Breakthrough
    In all seriousness Don't Go To Easter Road. Boycott. This is the only way Farmer might react to the erses in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Hibees View Post
    A thread should be made about this so people know about it. Wait until a bit later to make one so when the board has calmed down a bit, so that the thread dosent get pushed down.

OK, we can come back to this tomorrow and, if he hasn't gone yet, and make definite plans. I'm not going to let this one go.

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    I am not saying he should hang on till September, I am saying I think that is what will happen.
    I know mate. I probably phrased my reply incorrectly.
    The thing is I think you're probably right. If we're not looking like getting relegated it's cheaper for the board to let him see out his contract than sack him now and employ someone else.
    Pay offs are a joke. If i ***** at my job I'd be sacked without any cash!